• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Look what is hitting tomorrow:

0BvZTRW.png

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It's already been mentioned here, but I recommended The Ambassador to someone recently and she just watched it and it blew her away. Totally crazy movie, a real fly-on-the-wall hidden camera gonzo-ish documentary.

This was really interesting, and kinda crazy. Thanks for the recommendation.

I also saw:

The Last Airbender(movie, Mexico/UK): The acting, cgi, and story is a mess. The only bright spot is the story caught my eye. Which lead me to check out...

Avatar: The Last Airbender (show, Canada/UK): I'm only a few episodes in, and it is pretty good. Now I can see why people like it so much.

Videogame Highschool (Sweden): If you like videogames, you should watch it. It does throw a million and one different references at you, but overall I thought it was good. It can be a little on the long side though. The action is good, and it has its funny moments. The acting is spotty, but turn your brain off and enjoy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Any Day Now (Drama, Indie)
The Avengers (Action)
Family Weekend (Dark Humor, Indie)
Happy People: A Year in the Taiga (Documentary, Nature, Cultural)

Jimothy

I'll wager most people have already seen it. I use Netflix to watch movies I've never seen mostly. I might be in the minority, but I doubt it.
Eh sometimes I'm in the mood to watch something familiar. Constant experimenting gets kind of tiring.

How was the season 8 finale of Scrubs not the series finale? Season 9 feels forced and unnecessary.

Bill Lawrence really campaigned to get a spinoff show so the cast(that wanted to continue) and the crew could continue working despite people leaving the show for other things (Him and Braff specifically). But ABC wouldn't greenlight it unless it was done under the normal Scrubs name. So it's technically S9 but it was really developed as a spin off, which is why it's so different from the rest of the series in terms of cast, location, etc...

Kaladin

Bill Lawrence really campaigned to get a spinoff show so the cast(that wanted to continue) and the crew could continue working despite people leaving the show for other things (Him and Braff specifically). But ABC wouldn't greenlight it unless it was done under the normal Scrubs name. So it's technically S9 but it was really developed as a spin off, which is why it's so different from the rest of the series in terms of cast, location, etc...

It's weird, only a few of the actors bothered to come back, and those that did....I dunno, it's not the same. They try to create the same vibe with the new cast, but it feels forced...even Dr. Cox who was my favorite part of the show.

Kaladin

Safety Not Guarenteed was awesome. Great comedy/mystery. It kept you wondering the whole time if this guy was for real or not.

It's weird, only a few of the actors bothered to come back, and those that did....I dunno, it's not the same. They try to create the same vibe with the new cast, but it feels forced...even Dr. Cox who was my favorite part of the show.

I don't recall the staff changes other than Bill Lawrence leaving but if he had a heavy hand in the day to day stuff including the writing and directing then it would makes sense that it was weird in S9. We saw the same thing happen when Harmon and a few others (including producers/writers) leave or get fired from Community this past season. Even one staff change can have a huge effect on the end product.

sruckus

Just watched Nate & Margaret. Just a simple tale of two friends, a young (gay) aspiring filmmaker and a 52 year-old aspiring comedian. It's definitely an indie and my untrained eye sensed some general pacing issues but I thought it was good and had really good performances by the two leads.

Not sure where it was recommended to me at (maybe this thread).

Added today:

The ABCs of Death (Horror)
Atlas Shrugged: Part II (Drama, SciFi)
John Hodgman: RAGNAROK (Stand-up)
Katy Perry: Part of Me (Documentary, Pop Music)
The Playroom (Drama, Indie)
This Girl Is Badass (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)

Niiice. I've wanted to check this out for a while now.

Mideon

Must say I switched off ABC's of Death after a certain scene which im sure those who watched it know what im talking about. I like horror but that was taking it too far for me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Happy People: A Year in the Taiga (Documentary, Cultural)
Soldiers of Fortune (Action)

UK:

Cars 2 (Animation, Family)
Dream Boy (Drama)
John Hodgman: RAGNAROK (Stand-up)
Kai po che! (Drama, Bollywood)
Mac & Devin Go to High School (Comedy)
Reggie Watts: Why $#!+ So Crazy? (Stand-up)
Rob Delaney: Live at the Bowery Ballroom (Stand-up)
Up (Animation, Family)

Mexico:

Lust, Caution (Drama, Foreign/Chinese)
Magic Journey to Africa (Adventure, Family)
Nancy Drew (Adventure, Family)
Slumdog Millionaire (Drama)
Spread (Drama, Comedy)
Sweeney Todd (Drama, Musical)
UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz (Sports, Martial Arts)

Sweden:

Rob Delaney: Live at the Bowery Ballroom (Stand-up)
Sucker Punch (Action, SciFi)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Why was walking dead taken off and will it ever be on again? For next season for example.

Loving dexter on uk netflix. Feels like such a unique show, can anyone think of anything else like it?

Ryan_

I know it's been said before but seriously, you guys should totally watch Headhunters!
Awesome, plot-twisting Norse thriller.

sruckus

Just noticed Inbetweeners Movie was up on US Netflix. Loved the series and the movie is hilarious. Everyone should check it out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Why was walking dead taken off and will it ever be on again? For next season for example.

Loving dexter on uk netflix. Feels like such a unique show, can anyone think of anything else like it?

What market are you in? Should be whenever the new season premieres.

I'm assuming from your comment that you have a VPN. Reaper, Pushing Daisies are both on Sweden region. Continuum(US). Life on Mars(Canada), I watched the US version though.

Don't expect it to be on Dexter level though. Dexter's writing is impeccable.

fenners

Just noticed Inbetweeners Movie was up on US Netflix. Loved the series and the movie is hilarious. Everyone should check it out.

I'd love to check it out. Loved the first two seasons. But Netflix have yet to get the bloody third season in. And I don't want to watch the "finale" film without it :(

sruckus

I'd love to check it out. Loved the first two seasons. But Netflix have yet to get the bloody third season in. And I don't want to watch the "finale" film without it :(

Well it's self contained and there's rumors of another film :)

Frankly, I "found" season 3 a long time ago before it became possible to watch the show in the US.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I can't watch American Wedding...too juvenile and forced for me. Even Alyson Hannigan can't save this junk.

Other movies have done "american pie" better than the series.

Cabin In The Woods is one of those rare movies that holds up on repeated viewing.

The elevator scene onward was really good. I just hope if(?) they make a sequel, they keep the cliche horror stuff out of it.

Kaladin

The elevator scene onward was really good. I just hope if(?) they make a sequel, they keep the cliche horror stuff out of it.

Kinda hard to do a sequel when they initiated the apocalypse with giant ancient gods. I think that was Whedon's point with this movie. He never got to do horror of apocalyptic portions with Buffy or Angel and this kinda felt like his "What if" scenario for if those two weren't around.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Kinda hard to do a sequel when they initiated the apocalypse with giant ancient gods. I think that was Whedon's point with this movie. He never got to do horror of apocalyptic portions with Buffy or Angel and this kinda felt like his "What if" scenario for if those two weren't around.

The sequel could be the perspective of Japan's side during the whole mess. Or even another group of people, during the same time as the first group. Or a prequel. They will find a way lol.

The sequel could be the perspective of Japan's side during the whole mess. Or even another group of people, during the same time as the first group. Or a prequel. They will find a way lol.

I can't think of too many times that Joss has done sequels though. There's a Dr. Horrible in some stage of "in the works" and an Avengers sequel but Dr. Horrible took years to even come to whatever pre-production stage it's at now and Avengers would get a sequel with or without Joss. He seems to like doing one shot concepts more-so than creating Movie franchises (obviously his TV work is a bit different but that's kind of the nature of TV).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I can't think of too many times that Joss has done sequels though. There's a Dr. Horrible in some stage of "in the works" and an Avengers sequel but Dr. Horrible took years to even come to whatever pre-production stage it's at now and Avengers would get a sequel with or without Joss. He seems to like doing one shot concepts more-so than creating Movie franchises (obviously his TV work is a bit different but that's kind of the nature of TV).

Ohh, didn't know that about him. Its an interesting take, would have liked to see it explored a bit more.

On a side note, just received an email saying "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" is on streaming.

Kaladin

One shot concepts can't be canceled if they don't get good numbers. :)

Top Bottom