• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

elry09

Neo Member
I watched the sequel to the Collector tonight, and it wasn't that bad, it actually surprised me. It is a straight sequel to the original. It had some neat deaths and traps, and had some decent characters, espically the lead from the first film.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I am in the US. This worked like a charm for accessing Netflix UK. But how safe is this? Hola Unblocker FAQ sounds scary lol

I've seen hola itself recommended before so I believe it's safe. The one thing I've read is don't input card information, buy anything, or do anything important with the DNS on. So as long as you turn it off after you're done watching it should be good. With that said just tried it myself and worked perfectly. Watched Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows in HD from Sweden Netflix.

edit:And now I'm watching Kung Fu Panda 2 on Canadian Netflix, I could get used to this.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How long do you think we have of these DNS changing services working? I don't have AMC but Netflix UK will apparently have the episodes of breaking bad the next day, hope it lasts beyond that.

Aiii

So not worth it
They will work forever and ever. There's nothing they can do against them. Might be you'll have to change company once or twice when one goes under, but that's about it.

I'd be more worried about Netflix changing from a single account to accounts per region.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They will work forever and ever. There's nothing they can do against them. Might be you'll have to change company once or twice when one goes under, but that's about it.

I'd be more worried about Netflix changing from a single account to accounts per region.
That's what I mean. Sooner or later content holders are gonna make Netflix lock accounts to a region in some form.

Kaladin

That's what I mean. Sooner or later content holders are gonna make Netflix lock accounts to a region in some form.

That's kind of harder to do with mobile devices. If you go somewhere else with your device, you're technically in that region, not the one your account is locked to. MLB.TV allows you to stream games that you would normally be blacked out from if you're not in the blackout area anymore, and that is state to state usually.

amrod

The much-anticipated final episodes of AMC's Breaking Bad will be available to watch on Netflix UK immediately following their US broadcast. The half-season premieres on AMC August 11th at 9PM ET (2AM BST), and Netflix users in the UK will be able to watch each episode after it finishes airing stateside.

Also a new Netflix original show is out...

Mako Mermaids: An H2O Adventure

This sequel to "H2O: Just Add Water" follows a boy named Zac who turns into a merman after falling into a magical Pool. Zac's new powers could spell trouble for the three young mermaids who guard Mako Island. More episodes beginning in September.

I watched the first episode of Doctor Who...I think I'm hooked.

lets-see-what-all-this-doctor-who-hullabaloo-is-a-1580-1317370646-1.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/9/30/4/lets-see-what-all-this-doctor-who-hullabaloo-is-a-1580-1317370646-1.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

Lol. It's funny, a podcast had Matt as a guest and hearing talk about the show made me curious. The first episode had this Lost type quality of mystery to it. I have so many questions and it just looks fantastic. Can't wait to dive into it.

Are you watching the new one? I just started that only about 3 or some eps in. Not sure how o feel about it let, but it keeps me interested enough to go back

If you're watching the "first" season...The one with The Ninth Doctor and Rose-most people like myself will tell you the first half of that season hasn't aged well, and can be kind of corny and hokey-some people are turned off by that. I can assure you though that if you stick with it, at least til season's end, you'll really be hooked. In my opinion the show really hits it's stride in the Fifth Season, but there are tons of great episodes and moments in 1-4. In that first half of the season, the show was "production-wise" still finding it's voice. The Slitheen episodes in particular are embarrassingly bad. The director of those episodes apparently took some liberties with the script and made it more silly than it was intended to be-and he subsequently was not asked back.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Are you watching the new one? I just started that only about 3 or some eps in. Not sure how o feel about it let, but it keeps me interested enough to go back

Yeah, watching the reboot one. The cgi is a little rough around the edges, but other than that I have enjoyed the first two episodes. I think the part that hooked me was when they were
talking about the myth of the Doctor. And how he was around in past events.
It also helps that the Doctor comes off as a likeable guy.

If you're watching the "first" season...The one with The Ninth Doctor and Rose-most people like myself will tell you the first half of that season hasn't aged well, and can be kind of corny and hokey-some people are turned off by that. I can assure you though that if you stick with it, at least til season's end, you'll really be hooked. In my opinion the show really hits it's stride in the Fifth Season, but there are tons of great episodes and moments in 1-4. In that first half of the season, the show was "production-wise" still finding it's voice. The Slitheen episodes in particular are embarrassingly bad. The director of those episodes apparently took some liberties with the script and made it more silly than it was intended to be-and he subsequently was not asked back.

Eccleston is my favorite doctor.

Maybe I'm missing something (probably), but I've posted at least 3 times in the past six months that if you just go to Google and search for us Netflix dns you get a ton of dns numbers you can use for free.

Not sure why people keep harping on about paying any money.

They don't work as good maybe?, i haven't tried them... but i've heard about buffering issues...

Kaladin

You can't beat Tennant for best new Doctor. Other Doctors have had better companions, but but he's been the best Doctor with the best material to work with.

Aiii

So not worth it
They don't work as good maybe?, i haven't tried them... but i've heard about buffering issues...

How about reliability? You know a DNS could change your banksite url to a whole different server and mine your login keys, right? I'd rather pay 5 dollars, which is nothing for me, for a reliable company's services than from some random Google hit.

Started It's Always Sunny... the other day and I'm almost done with the second season now, I'm liking it a lot. The characters are such terrible people, kinda reminds me of Seinfeld in that way

Addnan

That's really cool. Sweden has Dark Knight Rises! Have it installed on Canary so it doesn't mess around with my Firefox or my main Chrome.

I use them on both my Xbox and my ps3 and I get HD within a few seconds every time. With the Ps3 as I can actually check what my rate is, I get super HD which is the highest available right now.

Edit: I get why people pay, it makes sense, but for the people that dont want to pay there's always alternatives.

I'm not sure if I like this Max thing or not. It's sort of recommending some OK movies, but they're all very safe bets. It did a totally random one this morning, which I liked - Louie the TV series.

RedAssedApe

Banned
:lol not really

UK is shit. US is likely the best.

Quantity wise maybe but I was seeing a lot of newer titles. Stuff that would require a separate HBO subscription in the US. I didn't look at all of the different regions yet but both UK and Ca already had a bunch of movies I can't watch in the US.

I guess its subjective though :)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just got a push notification on my phone, that Hell on Wheels is now available(on US stream). Watch it if you haven't.

Edit-

So do I, doesn't mean you have to swallow when Netflix occasionally craps in your mouth.

Just isn't a big enough deal to me to shell out $80+ for ONE season.

matthieuC

Hey guys, so I'm pretty stupid when it comes to anything to do with computers. So if, on my iPhone, I change the DNA server to a Swedish one, will I get Swedish netflix? This probably sounds really stupid :p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just watched "The House of the Devil." Boring first 40 minutes or so, good last half or so. There is such a slow pace to the film that I had to jump forward twice to see if anything good was going to happen. I know what the director was going for with the atmosphere, but a lot of the scenes are unnecessary. Like a music montage? I can't remember if I have ever seen one in a horror movie.

Half the movie is spent
doing or talking about nothing, touring a house, and jumping at her own shadows.
There, I just saved you 50 minutes of your life. Jump to that mark and you will have a good, short horror movie.

I watched The Apparition over the weekend.

7HUFa9U.jpg

It was average. I've seen much better and much worse movies in the genre. I spent most of my time
gawking at Ashley Greene. She's smoking in this.

Just watched "The House of the Devil." Boring first 40 minutes or so, good last half or so. There is such a slow pace to the film that I had to jump forward twice to see if anything good was going to happen. I know what the director was going for with the atmosphere, but a lot of the scenes are unnecessary. Like a music montage? I can't remember if I have ever seen one in a horror movie.

Half the movie is spent
doing or talking about nothing, touring a house, and jumping at her own shadows.
There, I just saved you 50 minutes of your life. Jump to that mark and you will have a good, short horror movie.

I feel the opposite. It's interesting until the last 20 minutes or so and becomes like any other horror movie. It feels so ominous and creepy, then gets intense and just devolves when
she wakes up and the ritual/ceremony begins.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
220px-The_Hours_poster.jpg

Watched this last night - really great movie. Fantastic acting from all three actresses, and a great performance by Ed Harris as well (although he isn't in many scenes). It's a pastiche of three separate stories that are indirectly connected through time, all centered around Virginia Woolf's novel Mrs. Dalloway. Really well made movie with fantastic dialogue and acting, and a very intelligent plot that kept me hooked all the way through.

I like movies like this that have a literary bent to them. If anyone has any suggestions of similar movies I'd love to hear them.

haikira

Hopefully it's ok to ask here. Any UK folk know if there's a netflix box that can also do freeview? Just checking for a friend of mine.

Kaladin

Yeah that was good for sure.

It kinda surprised me actually, had never heard of the River of No Return wilderness area and thought it was about an actual river.....was surprised to get a couple following wolves in an untouched wilderness area.

Nature docs have been my go-to for relaxing background television. I'll still throw on something I've watched before if I just want something on.

Top Bottom