• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

abundant

Why isn't the U.S. Netflix receiving anything decent in the last couple of months? There's so many movies from 2012 that I want to see and they barely have any. It's like they don't care anymore.

It's because the US Netflix has to compete against HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, and Showtime for movie rights. Any 2012 movie that plays on any of those four channels will never be on Netflix USA and vice versa.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The person who lives with me was about to go with Unblock Us but we thought it was a one time $4.99 fee. Damn. :\

RedAssedApe

Banned
Netflix needs to search out more shows that they can help bring back. Even if its something like what they are doing with AMC and the Killing.

Does Starz own the rights to Party Down?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The person who lives with me was about to go with Unblock Us but we thought it was a one time $4.99 fee. Damn. :

If it were a one time fee, I would have been demanding everywhere sign up from the get go.

Netflix needs to search out more shows that they can help bring back. Even if its something like what they are doing with AMC and the Killing.

Does Starz own the rights to Party Down?

I believe they do. Netflix does keep any eye on cult shows they can revive. Like Jericho and Terra Nova. Sometimes deals fall through. Although, in Jericho's case, Netflix got greedy and it cost them.

bcl0328

anyone have some good newer movies that are horror/psychological thriller? something like the uninvited or cabin in the woods.

vazel

Banned
It works, but buffering videos is really slow for me. I'm watching Sweden's Netflix and everytime I start a new video it takes over a minute for the video to buffer.

Edit: Hola is a free VPN service which explains why it's so slow. Also, it has P2P meant to make the internet faster for Hola users. I don't want that P2P junk in my browser so I won't keep this permanently installed.

Darkmakaimura

Unblock Us is a godsend. I really am digging checking out all the movies on the other Netflixeseseses. Got to see some movies I've been wanting to see for awhile.

Paranormal Activity 4 was meh.

Dark Knight Rises was actually pretty good, maybe even better than the second movie. Deckard Bane was quite vile.

I've been wanting to see the Butterfly Effect for years and finally got to now.... What a disappointment. It just sounded good on paper.

Green Lantern was forgettable. Terrible characters, boring movie, below average SFX.... Ugh.

Up next, Sherlock Holmes and The Game of Shadows and then maybe Three Stooges. lol.

JLG-

It works, but buffering videos is really slow for me. I'm watching Sweden's Netflix and everytime I start a new video it takes over a minute for the video to buffer.

Edit: Hola is a free VPN service which explains why it's so slow. Also, it has P2P meant to make the internet faster for Hola users. I don't want that P2P junk in my browser so I won't keep this permanently installed.

I'm on Sweden's netflix right now and i'm not having any buffering issues. Starts right up as if i were using regular netflix.

XShagrath

Do these "unblock" programs allow you to change your region and watch stuff on your other devices (blu-ray player, PS3, etc.), or just the PC?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Do these "unblock" programs allow you to change your region and watch stuff on your other devices (blu-ray player, PS3, etc.), or just the PC?

Any device. But you have to change the settings first. And you could only change the region(well, in unblock us case anyway) through the website.

The service won't mess with your blu-ray(or whatever) if you don't want to.

Batigol

Banned
Unblock is having troubles switching regions on ps3 now it seems

support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1180781

Doesn't work for me anymore :(

Works on my tablet, but I don't want to watch TDKR on a 7 inch screen

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Apartment 4E (Thriller)
Intolerable Cruelty (Romantic, Comedy)
I Want My Name Back (Documentary, Social, Hip-Hop)
Lovestruck: The Musical
Nightfall (Action, Thriller, Foreign/Chinese)
Red Flag (Dark Comedy)
Ripper Street (TV, Crime, Drama, UK)
Rubberneck (Thriller)
Somebody's Child (Drama)
The Intouchables (Drama, Foreign)
The Surge (Thriller, B-Horror)
Traces of Dragon:Jackie Chan & Lost Family (Documentary)
Trailer Park Boys Season 1-7 (Comedy)
Unfinished Sky (Indie, Drama)

Darkmakaimura

List of movies I'm planning on seeing before the trial ends:

- Sherlock Homes: Game of Shadows
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- Unknown
- Wrath of the Titans (I'm guessing this one is Green Lantern levels of awful)
- A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (stupid, I know but I need some laugh)
- Three Stooges 2012 (same as above)
- Goodfellas (haven't seen it yet)

Movies I watched with it so far:

- Paranormal Activity 4
- Dark Knight Rises
- Butterfly Effect
- The Green Lantern

All pretty bad except for Dark Knight Rises. lol.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Goodfellas is a must. Rise of the Planet of the Apes is amazing. Harold/Kumar is hilarious. Wrath of the Titans is a decent action flick.

My recommendations:

Mexico - [REC], 30 days of Night

Sweden - The Goonies, Project X, Collateral, Red Eye, Law Abiding Citizen, Tropic Thunder

Kaladin

When Orphan Black hits Netflix (no clue when it will, but it should eventually) you need to watch it. Best character driven sci-fi show in a long time.

Yep, tried it out myself and it froze to buffer HD quality every two minutes. Guess I won't be watching Homeland.

When Orphan Black hits Netflix (no clue when it will, but it should eventually) you need to watch it. Best character driven sci-fi show in a long time.
I'm very much looking forward to it, hopefully it hits Netflix soon.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys is there any way to access US netflix in Canada on PS3 or PC?

Just signed up. Glad it's a free month, it's only recommending me crap (Katty Perry and My Little Pony when I clicked Not Interested and said I never watch comedy or kids stuff or feel good crap?) and what I search for is always unavailable.

neoxdonut

Guys is there any way to access US netflix in Canada on PS3 or PC?

Just signed up. Glad it's a free month, it's only recommending me crap (Katty Perry and My Little Pony when I clicked Not Interested and said I never watch comedy or kids stuff or feel good crap?) and what I search for is always unavailable.

I'm using the trial for this http://www.unblock-us.com/ lets you watch netflix movies from Mexico,UK,Canada,Sweden and some othere places on your PC, PS3 Xbox and some other devices.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have to say you guys should watch Dale and Tucker vs evil. I have seen it recommended many times in this thread and for good reason. What a fantastic movie. Very funny and great, like able characters.

Addnan

I think UK are going to get new episodes of Breaking Bad on a weekly basis as they air in the USA. Was this announced before, if so I missed it. Pretty excited. https://www.facebook.com/NetflixUK

irUmIj1.jpg

bigkrev

So Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood not only got re-added, they finally added the rest of the series. Does this mean we are getting Anime back on Netflix?

So Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood not only got re-added, they finally added the rest of the series. Does this mean we are getting Anime back on Netflix?

It's actually missing the last batch of episodes. There's 64 in the series and only 51 on Netflix at the moment. So I don't think you can take it as much of a sign.

Just finished s1 of New Girl...I need my fix.

Season 2 should be up a bit after the DVD release I would think. I just bit the bullet and bought it on iTunes as it aired. Think I have rewatched season 2 twice already. (Not all at once. Just random episodes here and there.)

Atsumi

I don't know when they added it, but The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra is now on Netflix and it remains one of the most humorous movies I've seen. Definitely fun to watch if you're into b-rated horrors.

Kaladin

I probably should at least try unblock-us now. I was going to get the final season of Breaking Bad on Amazon instant for $2.79/episode....might as well save some money if Netflix UK is getting it.

Kaladin

But then you try Hulu Plus, get bombarded with apps and end up appreciating the fuck out of Netflix again haha.

I marathoned Masterchef on Hulu Plus yesterday. I must have watched the same five or so commercials over those episodes over and over again.

But then you try Hulu Plus, get bombarded with apps and end up appreciating the fuck out of Netflix again haha.

I marathoned Masterchef on Hulu Plus yesterday. I must have watched the same five or so commercials over those episodes over and over again.

They still do that? That's a bummer. I tried Hulu Plus a year or two ago and cancelled after a month because not only are the ads plentiful and obtrusive but they don't change them. It was maddening.

Kaladin

They still do that? That's a bummer. I tried Hulu Plus a year or two ago and cancelled after a month because not only are the ads plentiful and obtrusive but they don't change them. It was maddening.

Yep. I'm just glad the commercial breaks are at most 90 seconds....easy to take a minute and a half break and browse the web for a bit as opposed to five minutes or whatever on TV.

Top Bottom