• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

strafer

Cop Land

WrEq0bl.jpg

Holy shit this movie is fucking awesome! If you like crime / cop drama movies it's a must.

Stallone was fantastic in that movie.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Have not seen it either. Although, I still don't think I ever got the last Netflix update and tried everything I could think of on multiple occasions (smooth scrolling, 10 second jump back, subtitle on/off in movie, etc). It worries me that I might not get access to profiles because of it. I have been looking forward to them for a LONG time...

Could anyone who is seeing the profiles tell me what version of the app you have? I think I am on 2.13 right now.

No idea how to check, had profiles a week and Max around 2 weeks now. UK PS3 using US DNS.

Wag

FYI: I just gave in and subscribed to a 1yr subscription on Unotelly (and no I don't make any money by doing this). You'll save about $11 over Unblock and they offer pretty much the same service.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
How do you mean the site is screwed up?

Well I can't get to it now since I'm at work, but ever since everyone else was having problems with it a couple days ago, I get some kind of error message when I click on either the DVD link at the top or go into the My Account page and click on (I think) the change membership subscription link or whatever it's called. I've tried multiple browsers. Everything else seems to be fine.

Enco

FYI: I just gave in and subscribed to a 1yr subscription on Unotelly (and no I don't make any money by doing this). You'll save about $11 over Unblock and they offer pretty much the same service.
Do you pay because you use devices other than PC?

If you only use your laptop/PC then there are plenty of awesome free alternatives. Check out Hola Unblocker.

Really enjoyed the 'Max' feature, it's still a little hit & miss, but I guess that's the nature of the beast! It's recommended a few titles I never would have watched, and have ended up enjoying.

demon

How do you mean the site is screwed up?

Ok I'm back home and trying it on my computer again, both Waterfox and IE10. I can't access the DVD link at the top (dvd.netflix.com) or the "add a DVD plan" page. Waterfox says "This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies." IE says it may be a problem with the security certificate of the site. No one else is experiencing this?

Oreoleo

Ok I'm back home and trying it on my computer again, both Waterfox and IE10. I can't access the DVD link at the top (dvd.netflix.com) or the "add a DVD plan" page. Waterfox says "This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies." IE says it may be a problem with the security certificate of the site. No one else is experiencing this?

Not at all. What about https://dvd.netflix.com/SubscriptionAdd

Westonian

*sigh* unblockus doesn't work on my PS3 anymore and I was getting into Dexter, too.

I fought with it for two hours last night. Their technical support is pretty terrible. I went through the PS3 document several times, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted the cache, added the static routes on the router, and nothing fixed it. Works fine on every other device (PC, phone, iPad, 3DS) but on the PS3 it fails. The app launches just fine, and I can see all of the content, but when I try to play anything outside of the US it loads to about 25% and fails. Their twitter feed is full of similar complaints, and the response is always to refer to the PS3 support documentation.

So frustrating. If Unotelly works with the PS3 I'm canceling my UnBlock-US service as soon as I get home.

I fought with it for two hours last night. Their technical support is pretty terrible. I went through the PS3 document several times, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted the cache, added the static routes on the router, and nothing fixed it. Works fine on every other device (PC, phone, iPad, 3DS) but on the PS3 it fails. The app launches just fine, and I can see all of the content, but when I try to play anything outside of the US it loads to about 25% and fails. Their twitter feed is full of similar complaints, and the response is always to refer to the PS3 support documentation.

So frustrating. If Unotelly works with the PS3 I'm canceling my UnBlock-US service as soon as I get home.

I'm seeing the same thing on PS3. Everyone using Unotelly in here, how is it working with the PS3?

Why not apply the DNS settings to your router instead?

I can't because of work related stuff (telecommute/VPN/etc).

This was pretty good. Reminded me a little of The Butterfly Effect.

2604019.jpg

I enjoyed that as well.

My recommendations:
The Horde
Mutants
13 Assassins
The Man from Nowhere
I Saw The Devil
Exit Humanity
The Burrowers

---
Finally saw Desperado and Event Horizon. Yes, I'm late to the party. Great movies though

SiDCrAzY

Why not apply the DNS settings to your router instead?

I'd have to change it each time I want to change countries though right?

I'm getting the exact same thing, I'm trying Unotelly as soon as I can. Will try out their free trial and see whats up.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What did you think about the couple getting stabbed? That scene is fucked up.

Really fucked up. My heart went out to the guy having to go through that ordeal. Same with the mother who dumped/hide her baby to keep it safe.

After watching the movie, it bugs me that nobody has cracked the other ciphers. Damn curiosity.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I started watching Lost Girl today, and while I can tell that it is an objectively mediocre show (dialogue, script, sfx are all kind of OK), it's just so interesting/entertaining that I can't stop watching. Think of it as a cheap, Canadian True Blood. It's about this girl that is a succubus and winds up finding out that she is part of a race of supernatural creatures.

It's pretty entertaining, if you're looking for a new show give it a shot. There are two seasons on Netflix and the show seems to have been renewed for a third and fourth season as well, so at least it won't end midstream.

FYC

Banned
Is there any hope of ever seeing Star Wars and it's spinoffs(Clone Wars and such) on Netflix one day?

I dream.

demon

Ok so having an Unblock-us/region problem here, don't know if Netflix "caught" me and is preventing me from playing from other regions or what. It just started, or I first noticed it, a few minutes ago. Whenever I select any other region in Unblock-us and bring up netflix, I still only see the US selection, with this message at the top:

5QwB4cA.jpg

It won't let me play anything and I get and Error Code: N8106-154-5063. I have to switch to the US region to play anything.

Is it possible to switch between regions too much and and Netflix flags you and prevents your account from being accessed in other regions or something? The only changes I made today or things I did differently were watching something on my phone (US region) which I almost never do, and starting a disc rental subscription.

Wag

Ok so having an Unblock-us/region problem here, don't know if Netflix "caught" me and is preventing me from playing from other regions or what. It just started, or I first noticed it, a few minutes ago. Whenever I select any other region in Unblock-us and bring up netflix, I still only see the US selection, with this message at the top:

5QwB4cA.jpg

It won't let me play anything and I get and Error Code: N8106-154-5063. I have to switch to the US region to play anything.

Is it possible to switch between regions too much and and Netflix flags you and prevents your account from being accessed in other regions or something? The only changes I made today or things I did differently were watching something on my phone (US region) which I almost never do, and starting a disc rental subscription.

I never heard of this. I have no problems with Unotelly (at least not yet), so something else must be going on. Is this from the website or on a dedicated player like the PS3/Blu-Ray?

demon

The website. I was also having weird problems with accessing the DVD section the past day or so, which finally started working again, but I can't imagine how that would be related.

Kaladin

We knew Netflix would catch onto these things eventually. Unblock US is probably just the first if others are working. It's probably no coincidence that it started just before Breaking Bad Season 6 starts showing up in the UK.

Wag

We knew Netflix would catch onto these things eventually. Unblock US is probably just the first if others are working. It's probably no coincidence that it started just before Breaking Bad Season 6 starts showing up in the UK.

It shouldn't be a problem because technically it's OK to travel with a Netflix account. In fact I just switched regions with Unotelly and got a big message asking me if I'm "Traveling with Netflix". So I'm not sure what's going on there.

Kaladin

It shouldn't be a problem because technically it's OK to travel with a Netflix account. In fact I just switched regions with Unotelly and got a big message asking me if I'm "Traveling with Netflix". So I'm not sure what's going on there.

They're probably getting "smart" and recognizing that you're switching regions to fast and too often to be traveling.

Also, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Part 4.....shit is on.

demon

Yes but maybe they're catching on to people jumping from country to country in a matter of seconds?

SiDCrAzY

For some reason I can't get Unotelly to work, it tells me that everything is set up correctly, but when I change the country for Netflix to Canada it doesn't do anything. Netflix US is what comes up on my laptop and PS3.

I'm not the most experienced with stuff like this, but the set up seemed easy enough.

demon

Uh oh I wonder if shit's going down.

Well it was fun while it lasted. Watching Dexter S1-5 was nice.

Wag

For some reason I can't get Unotelly to work, it tells me that everything is set up correctly, but when I change the country for Netflix to Canada it doesn't do anything. Netflix US is what comes up on my laptop and PS3.

I'm not the most experienced with stuff like this, but the set up seemed easy enough.

Works fine for me. Did you input the DNS into your router? Does it say you're setup correctly? Did you reboot?

SiDCrAzY

Works fine for me. Did you input the DNS into your router? Does it say you're setup correctly? Did you reboot?

Yups to all of the above.

I'm not sure what it is, I guess I just wasn't meant to finish Dexter.

I'll give it another try tomorrow after work.

Top Bottom