• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Forget gaming side, this is the biggest Megaton on Gaf today! Booyah!
Only kind of serious. But Chuck IS super awesome.

WUAyY8M.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
Well deserved for OITNB. I enjoyed that series more than House of Cards. Probably because everyone on HOC is a terrible person lol

Oh...and I just found out today that the actress that plays Red in OITNB was the female captain from Star Trek Voyager...i know lttp...but MIND BLOWN.
Also, the actor who plays Healy in OITNB played Steve Fields in Deadwood.

That absolutely blew my mind, since the appearance and behavior of the characters is so different.

Is Chuck really that good or is one of those terrible shows the internet props up like Community?

It's an over the top completely unrealistic comedy with the premise of a Nerd Herd (Geek Squad) employee who is forced to become a spy due to a top secret computer program being imprinted into his head. He's assigned two Handlers (Yvonne Strahovski and Adam Baldwin) and they conduct various spy missions.

If that sounds like something you'd like, give it shot. If not, pass it by. It does have a very passionate fanbase though.

Is Chuck really that good or is one of those terrible shows the internet props up like Community?

First season is good to great. Second season is damn near flawless, and the reason people are so passionate about the show. Seasons 3-5 are a big step down, but with enough lil gems here and there to still be fun, but nowhere near the quality of season 2.

The show is silly fun, and never takes itself too seriously, which is part of its charm.

Cool, now i can finally check that show out. Been interested for a bit.

Also cool that High Noon is back. I saw part of it but never finished it, and then it was taken down.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There are a lot of films that I want to watch that expire on the 1st, but not enough time to watch them all before they expire. Is there any way to check if/when they'll be added back to the service?

Also, the actor who plays Healy in OITNB played Steve Fields in Deadwood.

That absolutely blew my mind, since the appearance and behavior of the characters is so different.

Ron Swanson was in Deadwood too. I've watched every episode a billion times and never noticed. Just found out when he was on Conan a few weeks ago.

There are a lot of films that I want to watch that expire on the 1st, but not enough time to watch them all before they expire. Is there any way to check if/when they'll be added back to the service?

I'm not sure but I highly doubt it. They don't usually announce when movies are going off the service because that stuff can change often on the fly or something like that

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yup, Serpentine is right. Best bet, look up and see if any of those movies are up in another region somewhere. And just focus on watching the ones that aren't available elsewhere.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Addicted to Plastic (Documentary, Cultural)
American Brawler (Action, Crime)
Chennai Express (Comedy, Romantic, Bollywood)
Jedi Junkies (Documentary, Social)
Rebirth: New Orleans (Documentary, Cultural)
Reveal the Path (Documentary, Travel)
The Haunting of Amelia (Indie, Thriller, Supernatural)

Canada:

Addicted to Plastic (Documentary, Cultural)
Reveal the Path (Documentary, Travel)
Serendipity (Romantic, Comedy)

UK:

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Action)

Netherlands:

Marc Maron: Thinky Pain (Stand-up)
Robots (Family, Comedy)
The Jungle Book (1976, Animation, Family)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was psyched for VHS 2, but it was pretty disappointing. There were two decent acts, but the rest fell flat. Nothing comes close to touching the best stuff in VHS 1.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
ohh of course i will, i thought the same thing about the first one. just wanted to see if Gaf had any reviews :)

I was psyched for VHS 2, but it was pretty disappointing. There were two decent acts, but the rest fell flat. Nothing comes close to touching the best stuff in VHS 1.

There have been a few more posters that posted reviews. Use the search tool because I forgot how far back it was.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Aziz Ansari: Buried Alive (Trailer, Stand-up)
Auction Kings: Season 3 (TV, Reality)
Call Me Kuchu (Documentary, Biographical/David Kato, Gay & Lesbian)
Casper's Scare School: Season 2 (TV, Cartoons, Kids)
Electoral Dysfunction (Documentary, Political)
Kon-Tiki (Action, Drama, Foreign)
Pumpkinhead 2: Blood Wings (Horror)
Redemption (Action, Crime, Mobster)
Sons of Anarchy: Season 5 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Sons of Guns: Season 3 (TV, Reality)
The Carrie Diaries (TV, Teen, Drama)
The Sapphires (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Tom Papa: Freaked Out (Stand-up)
VHS 2 (Horror)
We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (Documentary, Cultural)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Netflix "Are you still watching?" always makes me feel like shit as if its asking "are you really still sitting on your ass watching Louie you piece of shit?"

Yes...yes I am.

Kaladin

Netflix "Are you still watching?" always makes me feel like shit as if its asking "are you really still sitting on your ass watching Louie you piece of shit?"

Yes...yes I am.

This latest season is more of the...."did that really happen?" funny than hah funny.

Fucking Never.....

Top Bottom