• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished watching VHS 2 and I enjoyed it. I thought it was a stronger bunch of stories and a better film than the first one. The sequel has more blood and guts, but still with a few weird twists.

There are four stories here. Out of those, I felt only one was bad. The first and third stories are the best ones. And those had me shitting my pants. Really great stuff. The second story is unique and fun, but not quite as scary. The fourth one is annoying more than anything. The mini plot connecting the tapes together is good. Which isn't saying much.

Overall, I'm probably in the camp of people that actually loved it. Definitely recommend it if you liked the first one.

sol_bad

Thanks to everyone here that suggested Unblock Us, it works great and now I have Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll set up on my PS3.!!!

Not Netflix related but does anyone here use Amazon Prime instant video and is it worth it? I seemed to have accidentally used my 30 day trial ages ago when I had no idea I could access Netflix/Hulu etc from Australia.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks to everyone here that suggested Unblock Us, it works great and now I have Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll set up on my PS3.!!!

Not Netflix related but does anyone here use Amazon Prime instant video and is it worth it? I seemed to have accidentally used my 30 day trial ages ago when I had no idea I could access Netflix/Hulu etc from Australia.
Not really worth it for the streaming alone IMO. I have it because free shipping is godlike and I go on every so often to see what they have. I've bought a few movies and TV series on there but I've only watched like 2 movies on the steam library.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yup, what Jack said. Any exclusives that Prime has, you are bound to find in other Netflix regions.

Not Netflix related but does anyone here use Amazon Prime instant video and is it worth it?

Probably not for movies - they generally have the same ones released about the same time.
For TV though, Prime has some worthy exclusives like Justified, The Shield, Downton Abbey, etc. The Nickelodeon/Nick Jr. deal is also pretty sweet if you have kids. They also tend to upload reality shows from Discovery faster too - like Survivorman, Bear Grylls, Dual Survivor, etc. I still use Netflix far more than Prime though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is that for movies and TV series?

TV mostly. I'm more familiar with their TV exclusives than movies.

http://www.moreflicks.com/

Use the link above to find movies/shows. If it is up on Netflix somewhere, it tells you which region it's in. Just make sure to switch to the 'TV shows' tab when searching shows.

Probably not for movies - they generally have the same ones released about the same time.
For TV though, Prime has some worthy exclusives like Justified, The Shield, Downton Abbey, etc. The Nickelodeon/Nick Jr. deal is also pretty sweet if you have kids. They also tend to upload reality shows from Discovery faster too - like Survivorman, Bear Grylls, Dual Survivor, etc. I still use Netflix far more than Prime though.

Justified- Netflix UK.
The Shield- Netflix Mexico.
Nick stuff- Sprinkled around the regions.

Discover stuff is in the US. Unless you mean new episodes. Downtown Abbey is the only one missing. Which was on the UK region, but might have been taken down.

Yeah I'm not familiar with this region switching thing. Sounds complicated/risky/pain-in-the-butt and I definitely won't trust my kid to do it.

Yeah Netflix has Discovery shows but they're almost 3 years behind.

edit: Woah! UnblockUs is $5 a month? :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Here is a walk through on Unblock:

1- Sign up.
2- Go to your internet options and change the DNS numbers.
3- Sign into unblock.
4- Enjoy.

Nothing could be simpler. Just looks hard. If you have any troubles, just post or pm me.

sol_bad

Hmmm. I'll need to think about this. I'll study the moreflicks list. Thanks GK!

I just signed up to Unblock Us after trialing everything out on my PC, my PS3 and my mum's PS3. It all works great and the region switching on Unblock Us is simple to use.

I'm from Australia and after only having access to everything on my PS3 was I curious about Amazong Prime but it doesn't seem worth it. Hulu, Netflix and Crunchyroll are def worth it though.
Access to those 3 streaming services + $5 for Unblock Us is under $30 a month. Screw signing up for Foxtel in Australia, I don't care about sports anyway.

Sen²

Yeah I'm not familiar with this region switching thing. Sounds complicated/risky/pain-in-the-butt and I definitely won't trust my kid to do it.

Yeah Netflix has Discovery shows but they're almost 3 years behind.

edit: Woah! UnblockUs is $5 a month? :(

Tunlr.net works with Netflix as well and it's free.

I thought V/H/S/2 was decent; well worth a watch. I really liked the first so take that into account into my review.

I also watched Side Effects. I thought it was pretty good. 4/5.

Excellent. How is the show after season three? I know GAF hates the last season to death.

Four is good. From there it kind of really goes downhill. You can really only develop Dexter's character so far before it gets silly and they seem to have hit that point around season five.

I would still recommend watching them though, as even a poor Dexter series is still better than most series IMO.

What's wrong with season 6? I thought it was brilliant. (don't forget spoiler tags)

I didn't mind the Doomsday Killer stuff directly, although I did not care for Travis. All of the character development stuff relating Dexter, like the God shit, really felt forced and Debra's whole I want to fuck Dexter thing was really poorly done as well IMO. Finally the last line, Oh God, was incredibly B-level corny for a series that has the quality of writing Dexter has.

Like I said though, even a bad Dexter season is still a good TV season to me. It's just not the quality of the previous ones; which to me were some of my favorite series on TV overall.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks fellas!

Added today:

Bridegroom (Documentary, Biographical/Shane Bitney Crone, Gay & Lesbian)
LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu: Season 2 (TV, Kids, Cartoons)
Power Rangers: Megaforce: Raising Spirits (Family, Adventure)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Family, Adventure)

Canada:

Bridegroom (Documentary, Biographical/Shane Bitney Crone, Gay & Lesbian)
Power Rangers: Megaforce: Raising Spirits (Family, Adventure)
She's All That (Romantic, Comedy)
The Legend is Born: Ip Man (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)

Netherlands:

The Ides of March (Drama, Political)

Susurrus

I have been using strong VPN. Does the job, but I thought I'd try unblock-us, as I thought it'd be cool to get other devices on the network and I don't have a VPN router.

The connection is pretty shit. In the menus it takes a bit to load, and it takes a bit to get to even 480 resolution. This is on my PS3. On my Panasonic sound system/bluray player w/ netflix built in, I can't even get audio.

I have a 100MB connection and am in Germany. Again, this is a trial so I can't edit anything, is pay one a lot better?

Are you using an wireless connection for your PS3? I had all those problems with an wireless connection for the PS3 but as soon as I changed to a wired connection it got way better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up on my PS3 and Unblock. Sucks, but...it sucks. My precious Shield!

Aiii

So not worth it
Never had a problem on any of my devices, but I am currently using my Wii U for Netflix, so might be things changed since I last used the PS3.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Darkroom (Horror, Slasher)
Extreme Cheapskates (TV, Reality)
George Gently: Series 5 (TV, Crime, Drama, British)
Koala Kid (Family, Adventure)
London: The Modern Babylon (Documentary, Musical, Cultural)
My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding (TV, Reality)
Rock Jocks (Indie, Comedy)
SoLa (Documentary, Nature)
Tabu (Indie, Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
The Legend is Born: Ip Man (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Vivan Las Antipodas (Documentary, Cultural, Foreign)
Whale Wars: Viking Shores (TV, Reality)
Wild Bill (Indie, Drama)

Canada:

Fanboys (Indie, Comedy)
Rock Jocks (Indie, Comedy)
SoLa (Documentary, Nature)
Vivan Las Antipodas (Documentary, Cultural, Foreign)
Wild Bill (Indie, Drama)

Top Bottom