• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Starting watching The Walking Dead S3 yesterday and just finished it up. The seasons starts off strong, weak in the middle, picks up at the end, and the season finale sucked.

I will say however that
thank fucking jebus Andrea died. The only thing I hated is it took so long for her to be killed. Almost on the level of Skyler White hatred.

I loved the character of the
Governor.
Time to wait for S4 to hit Netflix lol.

Kaladin

Starting watching The Walking Dead S3 yesterday and just finished it up. The seasons starts off strong, weak in the middle, picks up at the end, and the season finale sucked.

I will say however that
thank fucking jebus Andrea died. The only thing I hated is it took so long for her to be killed. Almost on the level of Skyler White hatred.

I loved the character of the
Governor.
Time to wait for S4 to hit Netflix lol.

Season 4 is better so far. The wait till be long for this one though, unless they split it up on Netflix like they are on TV. 8 episodes now and 8 in the spring.

I started Chuck season 5. It really felt like they jumped the shark with the finale in season four for me but, season five started alright.
I still don't like how they completely shit the story up by having other Intersects. I thought it took a specially wired brain to be one but, whatever...Morgan is a ninja...ugh

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Why the fuck has my netflix on ps3 and xbox stood showing me what's new or recently added?? How else do people find out?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I really with I could sort my list on PS3... this scrambled mess is tiring to search through.

I liked John Carter well enough. Fun sci-fi pulp stuff, maybe a bit too long. Acting isn't great or anything but eh, I had a good time.

and ohhhhh yeeeeesssss @ Sharknado. gonna be watching that one soon

vazel

Banned
John Carter is good, they got a lot of recognizable elements from the books into the movie. The only thing I didn't like were the origins and motives of the white martians which they changed from the books.

John Carter isn't bad. The movie is worth a watch. I would be surprised it did so poorly but, the naming of it was really bad, as far as attention grabbing naming goes. If it's called John Carter of Mars, or something related to it, it probably would have done better.

Einbroch

Banned
Goosebumps is on here? Holy crap. I love this.

It's always:

1) Normal situation.
2) Something weird happens.
3) Kid tells parents/everyone.
4) Nobody believes the kid.
5) Climax.
6) STUPID TWIST.
7) STUPID TWIST AGAIN.
8) Fade to black.

RBH

Coming to Netflix (U.S.) on November 9th:

iFDGdTBg9JHvB.jpg

Skyfall (Action, Thriller)

http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/whats-new-on-netflix-streaming-november-2013.html

:O

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've never watched Dr. Who... like maybe I've seen half an episode in all my life.

Would Torchwood make any sense (it's a spin-off right?) for someone like me who doesn't know anything about the Dr? I have the urge to watch it for some reason.

I've never watched Dr. Who... like maybe I've seen half an episode in all my life.

Would Torchwood make any sense (it's a spin-off right?) for someone like me who doesn't know anything about the Dr? I have the urge to watch it for some reason.

There are cross references but it's not absolutely necessary to have seen Dr. Who to watch Torchwood. I went into Torchwood with no knowledge of Dr. Who and enjoyed it a lot. First episode or two might take some getting used to but it starts hitting it's stride about episode 3 or 4 and then you'll either be hooked or put off it forever.

Flight was good. The first quarter was pretty scary and had me on the edge of my seat. It was kind of a depressing movie overall, but I though Denzel did a good performance as an alcoholic airline pilot. Definitely worth seeing.

Also watched the 3rd part of V/H/S 2 again (the Indonesian segment) and it still gave me some good scares. Great tension. Even if you though the first V/H/S was trash you should at least give this one segment a chance. Some quality horror imo

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Canada got two good movies today: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Grind house: Death Proof.

There are cross references but it's not absolutely necessary to have seen Dr. Who to watch Torchwood. I went into Torchwood with no knowledge of Dr. Who and enjoyed it a lot. First episode or two might take some getting used to but it starts hitting it's stride about episode 3 or 4 and then you'll either be hooked or put off it forever.

I never watched Dr. Who but I watched Season 1 of Torchwood. It was OK but kinda campy/corny - I stopped around the 10th episode. My nephew explained to me all the Dr. Who connections and clearly Torchwood is 100X more enjoyable if you understand the references. I may come back to it if I ever get into Dr. Who.

I never watched Dr. Who but I watched Season 1 of Torchwood. It was OK but kinda campy/corny - I stopped around the 10th episode. My nephew explained to me all the Dr. Who connections and clearly Torchwood is 100X more enjoyable if you understand the references. I may come back to it if I ever get into Dr. Who.

Well the thing about it is Torchwood (especially S1) is actually a bit more on the adult side with some of it's themes and content when compared to Dr. Who... so if campy is a hurdle for you with Torchwood, it will be more apparent in Dr. Who. But Who really isn't necessary to enjoy Torchwood. Yes, there are references but it's not blatant and Gwen is basically an Audience surrogate so as she's acclimated to the world, so is the audience.

Just skip to season 3 of Torchwood (Children of Earth) and leave it at that. I enjoyed the first two seasons, but season 3 was phenomenal stuff. After watching it I was like "Where the hell was that this whole time?"

It is only 5 episodes, and was essentially a mini series that they ran for one week. You could go into it blind and be fine, but will miss small lil things from previous seasons of Torchwood, but nothing story breaking.

Well the thing about it is Torchwood (especially S1) is actually a bit more on the adult side with some of it's themes and content when compared to Dr. Who... so if campy is a hurdle for you with Torchwood, it will be more apparent in Dr. Who. But Who really isn't necessary to enjoy Torchwood. Yes, there are references but it's not blatant and Gwen is basically an Audience surrogate so as she's acclimated to the world, so is the audience.

Yeah I guess it was the weird mix of the campy and the adult that I had a hard time with. One minute it's super corny like a kid's show and the next minute there's sex, violence and f-bombs. I mean I don't mind campy - I love Warehouse 13 afterall - but the mix in Torchwood S1 is so strange. I'm still kind of into Torchwood, but I'm taking a break I guess.

Just skip to season 3 of Torchwood (Children of Earth) and leave it at that. I enjoyed the first two seasons, but season 3 was phenomenal stuff. After watching it I was like "Where the hell was that this whole time?"

It is only 5 episodes, and was essentially a mini series that they ran for one week. You could go into it blind and be fine, but will miss small lil things from previous seasons of Torchwood, but nothing story breaking.

I might just do that since I hear S2 is pretty shaky.

Top Bottom