• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I got halfway through season 1 before getting bored and never returning. It was good but there's better stuff out there to watch.

I kinda agree with Back. Its one of those shows where it won't blow you away or hook you in, but it is still decent/good.

Kaladin

Season 2 is coming next month

QzBeIKsl.jpg

Was season 1 any good?

Yes! I enjoyed it. It might not be for everyone, but the show is fun. While the subtitles might be off putting, the with the main character being from the US and struggling with the language himself, it makes them less of a problem.

TCRS

Banned
Yeah I only watched two episodes or so. It's basically Silvio Dante going to Norway to start a new life. He acts the exact same way as in The Sopranos, as if it's the same character. Well it is pretty similar.

Kaladin

Yeah I only watched two episodes or so. It's basically Silvio Dante going to Norway to start a new life. He acts the exact same way as in The Sopranos, as if it's the same character. Well it is pretty similar.

Yeah, it does kinda work if you imagine Silvio is going into witness protection. Only problem is you have to imagine that the mob after Silvio is a no-name group he did business with on the side, or a small arm of Tony's operation that isn't seen on the show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Computer Chess (Indie, Comedy)
Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel (Documentaries, Biographical)
Frank Skinner Stand-Up: Live from Birmingham's National Indoor Arena (Standup)
Grumpy Old Women Live (Standup)
Heaven's Lost Property (Anime)
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload (Family, Adventure)
Russell Kane: Smokescreens and Castles Live (Standup)
Sharknado (Campy, B-horror)
Tar Creek (Documentary, Social)
The Fitzgerald Family Christmas (Comedy, Romantic)
The Perfect Stranger (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Top Cat: The Movie (Family, Comedy)

Kaladin

Marvel creating four superhero shows exclusively for Netflix, premiering in 2015

Marvel is creating four live-action superhero series that will air exclusively on Netflix beginning in 2015. The first of the TV series will focus on Daredevil, while the following series will star Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. At least 13 episodes of each series will be produced, and — like all good Marvel series — they'll each come together for an additional special event called The Defenders.

Kaladin

Think about Smallville with most FCC regulations relaxed (and no I don't just mean Kristin Kreuk). There's a lot more that can be done on Netflix super hero stories, even with a small budget.

Yeah, Super Hero stories can be as much of a character and story driven story as anything else. Sure, you need a flash of the super here and there which will mean some effects budget, but it doesn't always have to be over the top.

Well there's a number of new movies for me to see: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Kon Tiki, and Big-Top Pee Wee, which is considered to be inferior to Pee Wee's Big Adventure, but I haven't seen it in forever.

number11

I know you can to this on the web version of Netflix and Xbox, but is there anyway to turn off forced subtitles on the PS3 when watching films from Netflix Brazil/Mexico?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Europa Report (SciFi, Thriller)
InAPPropriate Comedy (Comedy)
Ping Pong (Documentary, Cultural)
The Devils Ride (TV, Reality)
The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries: Season 3 (TV, Crime, Drama)

Canada:

Bad Girl Island (Thriller)
Chennai Express (Action, Comedy, Bollywood)
Donner Pass (Horror, Slasher)
Funeral Kings (Comedy)
Henry's World (TV, Kids)
Karma Calling (Indie, Comedy)
Loving the Bad Man (Drama, Faith)
Munger Road (Horror, Supernatural)
Samuel Bleak (Indie, Drama)
Sliding Doors (Romantic, Comedy)
Toys in the Attic (Family, Animation, Comedy)
True Nature (Indie, Crime)

I was wrong about season five of Chuck. It's pretty good. It's not the best season in the series but, it has gotten better as it's went along for me.

Jimothy

Dexter is pretty damn hammy. Every actor on the show outside of Michael C. Hall is terrible but the show is still really watchable.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just watched Maniac and holy fuck that had the be the most horrific movie I ever saw. Really good but deeply uncomfortable to watch. I loved it.

Kaladin

I think Vampire Diaries jumped the shark somewhere with this whole
cure
thing in season five. It's just got so silly and OMGWTFBBQ that I don't care anymore.

I just saw Kon-Tiki and really enjoyed it, good adventure story. When I read the wikipedia entry for the film, I learned that it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film of 2012, which was puzzling because the movie I watched was in English. Come to find out...

Can You Say ‘Do It Again’ in Norwegian? Two Versions of ‘Kon-Tiki’ in Two Different Lanugages

On April 26 the film will be released commercially in the United States — but in a version that is entirely in English, rather than in the original Norwegian.

The “Kon-Tiki” that Americans will see is not a remake: each version features the Norwegian actor Pal Hagen as Heyerdahl and is directed by Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg. The production team and cast took the highly unusual step of shooting two versions of the film simultaneously, shuttling between languages.

“The decision was a practical one for us,” Mr. Ronning said, driven by what he described as market and linguistic realities. “Given a choice between making ‘Kon-Tiki’ this way or not making it at all, after having worked on it for so many years, when you’re down to that the choice is easy.”

How about that?

Maniac was rather memorable. The POV style was very well utilized, but damn did it take me to some horrible places. A pretty fascinating movie but certainly not for everyone. I almost turned it off early on, but I am glad I stuck with it to the end.

Gonna finally watch Marvel's Avengers tonight, but am kinda irked by it being in stereo. Oh well at least it should look nice.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Skyfall! zomg :O

I just saw Kon-Tiki and really enjoyed it, good adventure story. When I read the wikipedia entry for the film, I learned that it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film of 2012, which was puzzling because the movie I watched was in English. Come to find out...

Whoa. That's interesting. Is there any way to watch it in its original Norwegian on Netflix?

bkw

Ok, this might be completely stupid of me, but what's the difference between What's New and Recently Added?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ah ok, so What's New is the one I want to be checking every couple of days. Makes sense. (Or I can check this thread. =))

This thread (and the links in the op) does a better job of highlighting the content that gets added on a daily basis.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Craig Shoemaker: Daditude (Standup)
Robot & Frank (Indie, Comedy)
Super Buddies (Family, Comedy)

Coming Soon by the end of the month:

Only God Forgives
The American
Mystery Science Theater 3000: Beginning of the End, Werewolf, I Accuse My Parents
Farscape: Season 1-4

Start of December:

Hannibal
Bad Lieutenant
Apocalypse Now
Apocalypse Now Redux
Highlander: Endgame
Star Trek: Contacts, Generations
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

Top Bottom