• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

Keasar

I really hope my Kickstarter copy of Catacombs arrives tomorrow.
8cx8sR2.gif

zulux21

My Gencon list, most of these are to try since I don't think a whole lot will be available to buy.

Odyssey: Wrath of Poseidon - Ares
Flick Em' Up - ZMan
Apocalypse Chaos - ZMan
The Grizzled - CMoN
Big Book of Madness - Iello
Consequential - Asmadi
Terra - Bezier
Spirit Island - Greater Than Games
Phara-oh-oh - Zoch
Flip City - Tasy Minstrel
Animal Upon Animal Crest Climbers - Haba
Mysterium - Asmodee
Star Trek: Five Year Mission - Mayfair
The Undercity - Privateer
Fuse - Renegade Game Studios
Doctor Panic - Repos

the only thing I care about from gen con is the tragedy looper expansion. Im curious to see thoughts on other games but that is all I care about and am sad to see no one else caring :(

No online play, no buy.

Days of Wonder is also working on an online multiplayer mode with asynchronous play, which will be accessible later, promising players an enhanced gaming experience. This online multiplayer mode will be added to Splendor in an upcoming update and available to all Splendor's owners for free.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/pressreleas...nces-digital-release-of-splendo#ixzz3fRs1qX2D

it apparently will get it.

Re: Legendary Alien

Every time I'm in the Strategist I look at the box for this and finally bought it. Two customers there sold me on it. How is this game solo? Guy at the store said that's the only way he plays it and he thinks its great. I was going to play it solo just so I can see how it all works and then get my group to try it.

Also..since I have a addiction/problem buying games and their expansions and never playing them I now want to get the Legendary Marvel game and all of its expansions.

zulux21

Re: Legendary Alien

Every time I'm in the Strategist I look at the box for this and finally bought it. Two customers there sold me on it. How is this game solo? Guy at the store said that's the only way he plays it and he thinks its great. I was going to play it solo just so I can see how it all works and then get my group to try it.

Also..since I have a addiction/problem buying games and their expansions and never playing them I now want to get the Legendary Marvel game and all of its expansions.

make sure to put a pack of dividers in your order or make your own since they are stingy bastards and none of the expansions come with new dividers :/

also make sure to make sure all of the cards are in your boxes when you get them. With my dark city expansion I was missing two cards and that is apparently not uncommon.

make sure to put a pack of dividers in your order or make your own since they are stingy bastards and none of the expansions come with new dividers :/

also make sure to make sure all of the cards are in your boxes when you get them. With my dark city expansion I was missing two cards and that is apparently not uncommon.

Both guys at the store said the same thing about missing cards. I still have to check this. I have a bunch of dividers from the Smash Up Big Geek Box that I never used, hopefully they fit.

Castef

Banned
Looks pretty cool, I especially like the theme -- I'm surprised that this is the first time I've heard of the Bomarzo Sacred Grove, I'll have to look it up more. Congrats on it already succeeding, hopefully it'll go quite a bit higher.

Heh, if you happen in Italy plan a trip there, it is a wonderful place. :)

(actually, the whole Tuscia/Sabina area is filled with wonders)

joelseph

The way the sheets are cut and then not reorged makes it extremely confusing to sort a new Legendary game. And yeah, it's not uncommon for them to be missing a couple cards, happened to me! Last couple years they have been giving out dividers or selling for super cheap at their booth.

ultron87

I found it hilarious when unpacking Alien that the cards were totally in a pattern, but just in the least helpful pattern possible where everything was maximally unorganized.

Palmer_v1

I found it hilarious when unpacking Alien that the cards were totally in a pattern, but just in the least helpful pattern possible where everything was maximally unorganized.

Yeah, it's easily the worst game I've had to organize. Took 2 people close to an hour to figure it out. Luckily I wasn't missing any cards.

Ohnonono

The time between my ordering of Legendary Aliens and getting the cards sorted/making sure I had all of them was a period of great anxiety lol, it worked out in the end but holy crap.

zulux21

Yeah, it's easily the worst game I've had to organize. Took 2 people close to an hour to figure it out. Luckily I wasn't missing any cards.

yeah... it almost takes more time to sort a 90 card legendary expansion than it does pathfinder + 10 character decks lol

I really don't get how anyone could look at a pack of legendary cards and go "yeah, that order is fine."

fenners

yeah... it almost takes more time to sort a 90 card legendary expansion than it does pathfinder + 10 character decks lol

I really don't get how anyone could look at a pack of legendary cards and go "yeah, that order is fine."

They chose the order that made it easier to print & package, I suspect.

Im going to have to see what everyones talking about. All ive done so far is open the box and snicker at how cheap the cardboard pieces that make up the rows are. I didnt look at a single card.

daevv

I was hoping the English versions of Orleans, Voyages of Marco Polo, and the new Legends of Andor would be at Gen Con but looks like this Fall before I can get them. I could pay extra to get the editions out now but I'm gonna hold off. Only for sure pick ups now on my list are:

Fief: 3D Buildings Pack
Imperial Settlers: Atlanteans and Why Can't we be Friends.
Tides of Time
Star Realms: Any packs with the solo rules/cards.
Welcome to the Dungeon
X-Wing Wave 7 Scum Ships

Maybe pile:
New San Juan Ed.
Boss Monster 2
WWE Superstar Showdown
Mysterium
Perplext mini games 8 pack
Quartermaster General+expansion
Arctic Scavengers new edition and expansions
Game of Thrones: The Card Game 2 Ed.

I'm flying down from Canada and won't have a lot of room so I'll have to pick and choose. List doesn't include any deals I may come across browsing the floor. I found Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin new for $20 last year at a 3rd party booth. I also go to the auction room/store each day for a look. :)

UPS on site makes so much sense, but is not something I would have thought of until I saw it.

It's helpful, but expensive since there is extra charge compared to normal rates also to use those shipping services on site. One of the issues with splurging at Gencon, paying MSRP on products then having to spend a bunch to ship them back home. If you can avoid that, then do it. One of the reasons I got kinda jaded on Gencon, you can get some stuff little early, but you pay alot extra for it.

And UPS to Canada, you're going to get screwed over by UPS broker fees once it enters your country ontop of the shipping fees you pay up front.

daevv

And UPS to Canada, you're going to get screwed over by UPS broker fees once it enters your country ontop of the shipping fees you pay up front.

Yep. Really bad brokerage fees on anything shipped by UPS to Canada. I went by the shipping place last year and when I saw it was UPS I kept on walking. :)

daevv

Just my two cents, but pass on this. The buildings are fairly large and just get in the way. While not as eye catching, the building chits just work better.

Thanks, that's good to know. I've actually been debating on if I really need them or not. Not because of the size or them getting in the way but the $35usd price. With the Canadian dollar so low It works out to be around $45cdn. I could get almost any other full game for that price locally. Last year the dollar was close to equal so Gen Con was cheaper. :)

Keasar

Level99 games just announced their latest game Exceed. A 2 player fighting card game, sorta like Battlecon but uses decks of cards instead of the rotating pool of cards you always have on hand.

They released also a print-n-play demo to try the game.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Everyone should pay attention to a comic-con announcement today.

This project has been in the works for 3+ years in various stages. It's going to absolutely be a nerdgasm for a lot of people.

It's my big giant Ameritrash project.

Xater

This project has been in the works for 3+ years in various stages. It's going to absolutely be a nerdgasm for a lot of people.

But I am not really into Ameritrash Stooge. ;)

joelseph

Saw a pic of Nate in the booth, getting me pumped for GenCon! Congrats!!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Nice.

Also, I wonder when SeaFall is going to come out?

Karkador

Banned
I've never played Trajan, and I'd still be willing to give it a try, but the review drives a fair point about games that have a singular objective vs games that scatter you all over the place.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
ICV2 went out with the story.

We're making a big box TMNT game from Kevin Wilson in the vein of Descent 2.0 (campaign driven, XP, etc.)

Story and art consultation from Kevin Eastman.

Xater

We're making a big box TMNT game from Kevin Wilson in the vein of Descent 2.0 (campaign driven, XP, etc.)

Well that is somewhat interesting to me. Wonder if a German publisher will pick that up.

Lyng

I've never played Trajan, and I'd still be willing to give it a try, but the review drives a fair point about games that have a singular objective vs games that scatter you all over the place.

What is strange is that they laud CoB for the same thing they are bagging on Trajan for.
Then again as someone who loves heavier games I should know I wont see eget to eye with Quins on most games.

Lyng

Feel free to disagree but seems to be a common sentiment among euros and specifically feld games.

Its just a weird comment to me. No heart? For me the many interlocking mechanics and the puzzle of your actions oozes love and heart.
The heart is in the mechanics.

swoon

What is strange is that they laud CoB for the same thing they are bagging on Trajan for.
Then again as someone who loves heavier games I should know I wont see eget to eye with Quins on most games.

pretty much every compliant about trajan they make applies to cob (maybe even double)

also i don't think trajan is very heavy just *rules forward*

Apenheul

Sounds great, can't wait to read the details. The website mentions 2 to 5 players, which I assume means 1 to 4 turtles against one overlord player.

4844ab02-ab49-43ae-b712-62d78c61d0c6.png

Faiz

TMNT game sounds fun. Hey Stooge, just FYI that's me in the corner praying for a big box Transformers game plastered in Alex Milne artwork some day. Oh the many expansions I would buy. My wife is supremely tolerant of my hobbies but she would put me on the couch for a month over the money I would spend on such a beast.

Top Bottom