• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

Blizzard

Banned
I played Sushi Go and Love Letter Batman for the first time today. They both seemed like fun family games.

In Batman I had no tokens when other players had 2/2/5 or something along those lines. I ended up winning 7 vs. 6/6/3, and it really came down to the wire. Maybe people felt sorry for me early on, but still. :p I was flat-out guessed as Two-Face on someone's very first turn one round.

Faiz

We're having a very culinary board game Christmas. My wife was excited to receive Viticulture and she gave me Morels, which we played this afternoon and enjoyed a lot.

She doesn't know she is getting Tuscany tomorrow.

daevv

Got a decent mix of games today from my wife, her parents, and brother in-law.

X-Wing Miniatures Force Awakens Core Set
7 Wonders Duel
Orleans
Cosmic Encounter
Batman Love Letter
Skull
Lord of the Fries
Card of the Dead

Other then being short card games I have no idea about the last two. :)

Dreavus

Got a copy of Boss Monster from a sibling for Christmas! Any impressions on it?

I've heard mixed reviews, but I do enjoy the art style and it promises a pretty quick play which is always a plus.

Game is so so. Has huge swings of whose winning or losing, but its got neat mechanics and plays quick.

Was pissed that boss monster 2 card stock is different, so you can't really combine the sets like suggested without sleeving it all first

Dreavus

Game is so so. Has huge swings of whose winning or losing, but its got neat mechanics and plays quick.

Was pissed that boss monster 2 card stock is different, so you can't really combine the sets like suggested without sleeving it all first

Thanks.

I dug around a bit more this evening, and now I'm not sure it's something I'll like. Thinking about swapping it for something else with the gift receipt. The Munchkin comparisons I've been seeing are NOT encouraging since I cannot stand that game, even if the consensus is that it's "better than munchkin". Also the "take that" style that many of the spell effects seem to have generally doesn't go over well in my group.

The theme is fantastic but I don't know if that can carry it.

Nezumi

Got Machi Koro for Christmas. So far I really enjoyed the rounds we played. But I heard people mention that the game is broken and that apparently getting the expansions fixes that. Could anyone elaborate in the that?

I played it once and have no desire to ever play it again. It's your choice but given that you have the opportunity to exchange it, I would do that and possibly pick it up later if you see it at a bargain price. There are so many good games out there that it seems a shame to waste time on a meh one.

Thanks.

I dug around a bit more this evening, and now I'm not sure it's something I'll like. Thinking about swapping it for something else with the gift receipt. The Munchkin comparisons I've been seeing are NOT encouraging since I cannot stand that game, even if the consensus is that it's "better than munchkin". Also the "take that" style that many of the spell effects seem to have generally doesn't go over well in my group.

Got Machi Koro for Christmas. So far I really enjoyed the rounds we played. But I heard people mention that the game is broken and that apparently getting the expansions fixes that. Could anyone elaborate in the that?

Machi Koro is broken in that once you figure out the strategy to win (farms + cheese factories or forest + mines + furniture factory), the game is pretty much over since you'll make enough money to win in a few turns, while anyone else who didn't go that route will be struggling to make ay money at all. This is due to all properties being available to purchase from the start.

The Harbor expansion fixes this by introducing this rule: Shuffle all properties and then place them onto the table one at a time. If the same property comes up, stack it on top of the existing property. Do this until you have 10 unique properties on the board. Whenever the number of properties goes below 10, just draw until there are 10 again. This rule can be used with the vanilla game (no expansions necessary) and removes the broken-ness of people playing one strategy and automatically winning. Instead, people have to react to what is available at any given time.

Also, some people have created a variant:

Make different stacks of cards (a stack of 1-6 properties, another of 7-12, and then the purple cards) and shuffle them, then draw 5 cards from the first two stacks, and two from the purple stack (12 available to purchase at any time), then replenish from the appropriate stacks when necessary.

The problem still exists of you rolling the dice and having nothing happen, but turns go by quickly enough that it doesn't bother me too much. Machi Koro is a lot of fun with non-boardgamers since it's easy to learn, but some people don't like it because it's too simple. I still like it, though I haven't played it in a couple of months.

edit- after browsing the BGG forums, some people suggest the 4/4/2 model instead of 5/5/2, in order to stick with the 10 property limit: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1315037/3-draw-pile-variantpacing-improved/page/1

Bought Codenames for my brother, which seems like a fun game though pretty hard to find words that describe more than one card a lot of the time. Might just be us that were finding it hard, but we'll keep at it.

Got Betrayal at House on the Hill in return. Looks like a game that'll get some use, though we messed up our first game by not reading up on the betrayal aspect of the game. Oops!

Thinking about picking up Pandemic Legacy as I love the standard game. Anyone have experience with playing this with two players? I want to avoid bringing in people that I don't regularly see, as I still have an unfinished copy of Risk Legacy due to all five players not being in the same place very often.

Thanks.

It thankfully plays much much quicker than Munchkin typically, so it has that. Yea it's really simple game with a neat theme, but its super light game. If you want something meaty, then yea go for something else.

Bought Codenames for my brother, which seems like a fun game though pretty hard to find words that describe more than one card a lot of the time. Might just be us that were finding it hard, but we'll keep at it.

Got Betrayal at House on the Hill in return. Looks like a game that'll get some use, though we messed up our first game by not reading up on the betrayal aspect of the game. Oops!

Thinking about picking up Pandemic Legacy as I love the standard game. Anyone have experience with playing this with two players? I want to avoid bringing in people that I don't regularly see, as I still have an unfinished copy of Risk Legacy due to all five players not being in the same place very often.

We are playing with three and it was fine, and I don't see why playing with two would be any difference as far as experience the story. The game probably will play faster as you only have one other person to agree or disagree with.

We played two months and I find it very fun but my daughter seems to get bore after the second month. She said it's just like playing Pandemic but with story. She said she prefer TIME Stories though she is a teenager and they can be quite cynical about everything. My son like it a lot. My brother-in-law is coming to visit and I am thinking having him join in as a "new" character to the story. We would treat him as a new person joining the team and bring him up to speed of what had happen so it should work fine.

Mind giving me your thoughts on Conquest? I always wanted to play it, but it will cost me around 160 to get all the way in. It is between that and 2nd Edition Thrones whenever they get core sets reprinted for that.

Sorry I just saw this!

I have everything up to the end of the Warlord Cycle. I'll probably get the Tyranid expansion and the entire Planetfall cycle at a later date. I enjoy it enough to keep investing in it, so that has to say something!

I am not a huge deck customization guy. I've dabbled in the past, and I'll dabble in the future, but I'll never be a hardcore player. Having said that, I like 40k Conquest a lot. I'm huge on theme, and I think this game delivers in spades. It's not overly difficult so my wife plays against me often. She's easily my #1 most played against opponent for this game. There's a really deep game here, but we play so casually that I don't think we've scratched the surface. New cards come out all the time and every cycle adds more and more depth and alters previous cards and strategies. The game is also easy to store too.

As a lover of all things 40k, I appreciate how it invokes the conflicts in that fiction. I get invested in "pure" decks without allies and I'm sure that would be the end of me in serious play. I don't care though. I just play for fun and this game delivers that in spades.

Karkador

Banned
very fun but my daughter seems to get bore after the second month. She said it's just like playing Pandemic but with story. She said she prefer TIME Stories though she is a teenager and they can be quite cynical about everything. My son like it a lot. My brother-in-law is coming to visit and I am thinking having him join in as a "new" character to the story. We would treat him as a new person joining the team and bring him up to speed of what had happen so it should work fine.

Play more, it gets crazy, and the mechanics change. Two months is still basically normal Pandemic to get your feet wet.

zeeaykay

Checking in for the first time in a while. Got Ticket to Ride: Europe for Christmas. To my surprise, I was able to play with my family, and even my parents got the hang of it after a few turns. The game is really about a simple as can be but really fun. I don't know how rare this is but with five people EVERYONE scored every single destination ticket. Then again there wasn't much defensive play.

Also got Terra Mystica, which I'm equally nervous and excited to play. I think I have a decent grasp on it, and the components are certainly well made. Seems like a game that you just need to play to fully appreciate. Will run through it as a two-player game to learn rules and help teach a larger group. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a chore!

Lastly, I recorded Dead of Winter. Here's another game I'm a bit nervous for. We tried playing Eldrich Horror with my group and we just really couldn't get into it. This seems similar, but after watching an episode of Tabletop this featued in I was sold. It seems the player interaction is a bit more at the forefront of the game, what with everyone's secret objectives you may be suspicious of.

I'll report back with impressions. Happy Holidays!

Congrats on all your Christmas hauls, guys. My fun gifts were more on the video gaming side, but the holidays mean the chance to actually play some of the board games I've got. It's the real gift, right?

Some friends are coming over tonight to play Time Stories. Most of the time, I read through the rules and practice up a bit before people come to play a game for real, but I'm unsure how much you are supposed to know about Time Stories before starting. What do I need to know beforehand?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Congrats on all your Christmas hauls, guys. My fun gifts were more on the video gaming side, but the holidays mean the chance to actually play some of the board games I've got. It's the real gift, right?

Some friends are coming over tonight to play Time Stories. Most of the time, I read through the rules and practice up a bit before people come to play a game for real, but I'm unsure how much you are supposed to know about Time Stories before starting. What do I need to know beforehand?

T.I.M.E Stories does have a whole rulebook independent of any scenarios. I guess if you're going to be taught it's not any more necessary than for any other co-op game to read it: http://www.spacecowboys.fr/files/games/time-stories/rules/time_stories_rules_us.pdf

NB: I've only read the base rules myself; haven't played a game yet.

Nezumi

Machi Koro is broken in that once you figure out the strategy to win (farms + cheese factories or forest + mines + furniture factory), the game is pretty much over since you'll make enough money to win in a few turns, while anyone else who didn't go that route will be struggling to make ay money at all. This is due to all properties being available to purchase from the start.

The Harbor expansion fixes this by introducing this rule: Shuffle all properties and then place them onto the table one at a time. If the same property comes up, stack it on top of the existing property. Do this until you have 10 unique properties on the board. Whenever the number of properties goes below 10, just draw until there are 10 again. This rule can be used with the vanilla game (no expansions necessary) and removes the broken-ness of people playing one strategy and automatically winning. Instead, people have to react to what is available at any given time.

Also, some people have created a variant:

Make different stacks of cards (a stack of 1-6 properties, another of 7-12, and then the purple cards) and shuffle them, then draw 5 cards from the first two stacks, and two from the purple stack (12 available to purchase at any time), then replenish from the appropriate stacks when necessary.

The problem still exists of you rolling the dice and having nothing happen, but turns go by quickly enough that it doesn't bother me too much. Machi Koro is a lot of fun with non-boardgamers since it's easy to learn, but some people don't like it because it's too simple. I still like it, though I haven't played it in a couple of months.

edit- after browsing the BGG forums, some people suggest the 4/4/2 model instead of 5/5/2, in order to stick with the 10 property limit: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1315037/3-draw-pile-variantpacing-improved/page/1

Ah, OK. Was supposed to get the expansion as well but there was a problem with the delivery, so I'll guess there won't be a problem.

I also finally caved today and bought BattleCON Devastation of the Indines as a Christmas present for myself.

Gurrry

Me and the gf have so many games to play. She got me Imperial Assault, I got her Super Dungeon Explore (omg the assembly of these miniatures is going to kill us), and my sister got me X-Wing.

Not to mention, we also recently got Elder Sign and I still have an unopened Game Of Thrones FFG game we still havent played.

Good problems to have though, for sure.

I think X-Wing is going to make me broke. Along with any new expansions that have the force awakens characters for imperial assault.

Last night though with the family, we stayed up til 3 am drunk as hell playing this game called Smart Ass. Its pretty good, but simple.

Mr E.

Played Karuba with my wife and son. Great family/gamers game. If you like interaction then this is not for you. Zero interaction. It's a puzzle tile laying game with an Indiana Jones theme. It was fun to see my wife screw up and not be able to blame anyone else.

Received Cosmic Encounters (to finish the remake trilogy), Shadowrun Crossfire, the Conquest of Planet Earth expansion and Xia, Legends of a Drift System (which I know nothing about except the guy from Dice Tower loves it).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Suburbia is fantastic, wow! Wife and I played a game this evening. She beat me fair and square (unlike Carcassonne and Patchwork where I may have made less than ideal moves for her benefit, ha). The plus to it all is that she liked Suburbia best even though the ruleset is the most complex. Really fun and super thematic experience.

To anyone who has played it - are the investment markers a crucial element to winning/losing? We didn't play any of ours mostly because we never saw a clear "winning" use of them.

Mr E.

Suburbia is fantastic, wow! Wife and I played a game this evening. She beat me fair and square (unlike Carcassonne and Patchwork where I may have made less than ideal moves for her benefit, ha). The plus to it all is that she liked Suburbia best even though the ruleset is the most complex. Really fun and super thematic experience.

To anyone who has played it - are the investment markers a crucial element to winning/losing? We didn't play any of ours mostly because we never saw a clear "winning" use of them.
It's important to get your income going early. Getting population up before your income will lead you to downfall. Investment markers can provide a boost in income. Put one on a lake in prime position for some needed cash.

Have fun.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I received Pandemic, Machine Koro, and Codenames for Christmas. Machi Koro was fun. I was stuck in last the entire game and felt like I didn't have a chance to catch up. We also played some Love Letter Batman, which was great. I've played the original game before.

Had a fun night at a friend's house. We played a game of Arctic Scavengers and quite a few games of Codenames. Everyone enjoyed both of them, especially Codenames!

Is there an accepted progression from Monopoly, Cluedo (Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries version) and Trivial Pursuit in to some of the board games you guys play in this thread? It'll be just my wife, my brother, my sister and I playing for the most part, with maybe my other sister and one or two of my nieces on other nights as well.

We've only just decided that this is going to be a thig that we do now so we'll be playing Monopoly and Cluedo for a couple of months still. That One Night Werewolf game sounded kind of cool and made me think of Cluedo so I'm considering that. I'm also thinking of Ticket To Ride (no idea which edition to start with) but not because I know anything about it, only that Ive seen it mentioned a lot.

If there's a post recommending entry-level games already please link to it as I couldn't see anything, and I'm sorry in advance if there is.

Thanks.

Xater

Is there an accepted progression from Monopoly, Cluedo (Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries version) and Trivial Pursuit in to some of the board games you guys play in this thread? It'll be just my wife, my brother, my sister and I playing for the most part, with maybe my other sister and one or two of my nieces on other nights as well.

We've only just decided that this is going to be a thig that we do now so we'll be playing Monopoly and Cluedo for a couple of months still. That One Night Werewolf game sounded kind of cool and made me think of Cluedo so I'm considering that. I'm also thinking of Ticket To Ride (no idea which edition to start with) but not because I know anything about it, only that Ive seen it mentioned a lot.

If there's a post recommending entry-level games already please link to it as I couldn't see anything, and I'm sorry in advance if there is.

Thanks.

Yes it's commonly called gateway games. Stuff like...

Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride
Settlers of Catan
Stone Age
Pandemic
Colt Express
Sheriff of Nottingham
Alhambra
Airlines Europe
Cacao

Ticket to Ride is a great start. I'd recommend getting the Europe edition. It has slightly more meat on it's bones than normal Ticket to Ride but is still super easy to learn. This way it will last you longer before you fall into the expansion trap. ;)

Cool, thanks mate. I should have mentioned that we have all played Carcassone on the Xbox and we all enjoy that so I'll probably go Ticket To Ride for something new and then grab Carcassone as something familiar and then peer in to the rabbit hole from there.

I'll save your list and go hunting local board game shops. :) Ta.

sasimirobot

Is there an accepted progression from Monopoly, Cluedo (Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries version) and Trivial Pursuit in to some of the board games you guys play in this thread?
Thanks.

For your group I would highly recommend small and simple card games, any or all of the following are almost guaranteed to be a hit:

Love Letter, Skull, Diamonds, Hanabi, Bohnanza

Small and simple enough right away for everyone to get started quickly, but can be very deep and enjoyable in the long run. It is what I used to get my current group into gaming.

For your group I would highly recommend small and simple card games, any or all of the following are almost guaranteed to be a hit:

Love Letter, Skull, Diamonds, Hanabi, Bohnanza

Small and simple enough right away for everyone to get started quickly, but can be very deep and enjoyable in the long run. It is what I used to get my current group into gaming.
Thanks to you also. My brother and sister played the hell out of Pokemon TCG but we haven't really played any other card games as a group so I'll add yours to the list also. :)

I would also consider Coup [bluffing/counter-bluffing/teasing loved ones], Camel Up [kid friendly family game that can also be surprisingly thinky, especially with the expansion], and Port Royal [handsome little push your luck card game with a range of possible approaches and variety in how the cards come out of the deck]. I could suggest lots more but you've already got a lot to go on :). Have a look at https://boardgamegeek.com/ if you haven't already; a board gaming nerds paradise! :p

Thanks to you also. My brother and sister played the hell out of Pokemon TCG but we haven't really played any other card games as a group so I'll add yours to the list also. :)

We are playing with three and it was fine, and I don't see why playing with two would be any difference as far as experience the story. The game probably will play faster as you only have one other person to agree or disagree with.

We played two months and I find it very fun but my daughter seems to get bore after the second month. She said it's just like playing Pandemic but with story. She said she prefer TIME Stories though she is a teenager and they can be quite cynical about everything. My son like it a lot. My brother-in-law is coming to visit and I am thinking having him join in as a "new" character to the story. We would treat him as a new person joining the team and bring him up to speed of what had happen so it should work fine.

Thanks, this is good to know :) I think we'll go for it!

Fireblend

Banned
I got Betrayal at House in the Hill for christmas and played it for the first time yesterday with 2 friends. We'd never played it before so we spent a good chunk of the game learning how to play, and I'm sure we did a couple of things wrong, but it went well for the most part and we ended up loving it, specially all the flavor stuff, we really got into it. I think I'll have another opportunity to play it later this week with another group of people so hopefully I'll have a better handle on the game then.

Karkador

Banned
My wife and I really like playing board games, but we don't have a group to play with. We just have the two of us. Can someone recommend some games that are best with just two people? Nothing complicated or that takes forever to play. We usually only have an hour or so after the kid goes to bed and she balks at things that have a million pieces or rules. But she's not opposed to getting a little nerdy.

Some games we like: Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Lost Cities, DC Comics Deckbuilding Game

Games she didn't like: Ascension, Fluxx, Munchkin, Forbidden Island

Some on my list of games to check out: Roll for the Galaxy, Star Realms, LotR: The Confrontation, Patchwork

What are the reasons for some of your likes/dislikes? It helps narrow it down.

Thanks.

Betrayal at House on the Hill is a fantastic game. Rules seem complicated at first but as you play it you'll pick it up.

I received Pandemic, Machine Koro, and Codenames for Christmas. Machi Koro was fun. I was stuck in last the entire game and felt like I didn't have a chance to catch up. We also played some Love Letter Batman, which was great. I've played the original game before.

Machi Koro is fun but it requires house rules. The most common is to separate cards into three stacks, 1-6, 7-12, and all the purple cards. Then flip over four cards each from the first two stacks and two from the third. Stack repeated cards so that there's four unique 1-6 cards, four unique 7-12 cards, and two unique purple cards on the board. When a card gets bought, replace it with a new one.

This randomizes the available buildings a bit and keeps the game from becoming a race to buy all the convenience stores and cheese factories. Works better if you add the expansions but still works ok with the base game.

My wife and I really like playing board games, but we don't have a group to play with. We just have the two of us. Can someone recommend some games that are best with just two people? Nothing complicated or that takes forever to play. We usually only have an hour or so after the kid goes to bed and she balks at things that have a million pieces or rules. But she's not opposed to getting a little nerdy.

Some games we like: Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Lost Cities, DC Comics Deckbuilding Game

Games she didn't like: Ascension, Fluxx, Munchkin, Forbidden Island

Some on my list of games to check out: Roll for the Galaxy, Star Realms, LotR: The Confrontation, Patchwork
My wife and I really like Pandemic, but it's really similar to Forbidden Island. It's basically a more complex version of FI, so depending on why your wife didn't like that game maybe she'd be into Pandemic.

sasimirobot

She really enjoys games where you can win by screwing over the other person. I don't really care for Lost Cities much but she loves it because rather than play to win she can play to make me lose... if that makes sense.

Jaipur, Jaipur, Jaipur!

"Oops did you want that high value Jem(s)? Sorry...better luck next time!"

I got a few games for Christmas.

My mother-in-law got me Exploding Kittens and Risk. I appreciated the thought with Risk since she knows I like board games, but we played it once and I think that was enough for me. Good lord does that game drag. The chance element gets really frustrating too.

Exploding kittens was a pleasant surprise, I don't like the Oatmeal and have never backed a Kickstarter so it was never really on my radar even though I've heard of it. It's fun though, really quick with just enough strategy to be interesting for a round or too. Just a tiny bit more sophisticated than something like Uno, but it'll be nice to have around as a quick game to start or end a night of playing games. It reminds me of Love Letter in that way.

My grandma got me Catan. Again, appreciate the sentiment but I doubt I'll ever play it again. Played a game with my family though and it was pretty fun. I've played the base game a lot (and don't really like it) but never owned it, maybe I'll grab an expansion and see how I like it.

Karkador

Banned
Simple but competitive games for 2P would be Hive (I just got Hive Pocket for Christmas, yay), the Mr Jack games (Mr Jack Pocket is one of the first games I ever bought, and I still think it's pretty neat).

Roll for the Galaxy is good, but I'm wondering...maybe a little too complex for your partner, if a Ticket to Ride expansion is already pushing it.

I take just about any opportunity to recommend Biblios, because it's a great 2-4 player game.

I'm currently doing an inventory of all my games and expansions so I can organize, consolidate, and make a list of my wants/needs for the coming year.

I have a lot of board games. How about you guys?

I'm also planning on painting more Zombicide minis this upcoming 4 day weekend. I have all the regular zombies finished, I need to focus and finish off the rest of my toxic and berserker zombies before starting on the skinner zombies. Since there are only 20, I may do the zombie dogs first, or even the crows. Then I have 6 dog companions too. All of that and I have yet to paint a single survivor. I'm saving the best for last I guess!

Neither of us like cooperative games. We don't like games that take a really long time. She doesn't like games with complex rules or interactions that would, for example, require the players to reference a rulebook. She just wants to play a game and get on with it.

Dominion works great because you really only have to remember A-B-C and the rest of the rules exist on the cards. Ticket to Ride is great because it's strategic but simple. (We don't really care for Nordic Countries because it complicates things a bit too much for her tastes.)

She really enjoys games where you can win by screwing over the other person. I don't really care for Lost Cities much but she loves it because rather than play to win she can play to make me lose... if that makes sense.

I think Battle Line is one of the best 2-player games out there. It looks kinda like Lost Cities but way better than that game imo. Much more strategic and logical. You have a line of 9 flags(pawns) you're each trying to capture 3 in a row(or 5 total). You take turns playing cards on your side trying to make essentially 3-card poker hands(straight-flush, straights, flushes, 3 of a kind). One of the interesting parts about it is you can take a flag if you can prove the other player can't beat you. So if you had a red 4-5-6 and your opponent had a green 5-6, but the green 7 got played elsewhere, your opponent cannot possibly beat you for that flag. Very simple rules, tense interesting gameplay and you can bang out a 2-3 games in under an hour. Some other neat simple 2-player games I like are Hive, Jaipur, Parade and Guildhall. Battle Line is the best though :)

Check out Splendor, all my non-gamers friends and family can't get enough of it. They all went out and bought a copy either for themselves or for family members.

As for Tickets To Ride. I would suggest start with the USA, I think the Europe will be too overwhelming for new players. You already have to deal with many new concept. And unless you are from Europe, US map would be easier to learn.

sasimirobot

my Japanese card game collection is coming along nicely

IMG_20151228_125111.jpg

Xater

Check out Splendor, all my non-American friends and family can't get enough of it. They all went out and bought a copy either for themselves or for family members.

As for Tickets To Ride. I would suggest start with the USA, I think the Europe will be too overwhelming for new players. You already have to deal with many new concept. And unless you are from Europe, US map would be easier to learn.

If Europe is too overwhelming you should probably not start playing board games. That game is still simpler than Carcassonne. Europe is the way to go.

Check out Splendor, all my non-American friends and family can't get enough of it. They all went out and bought a copy either for themselves or for family members.

I think the USA map is better than the Europe map too, the extra rules of EU don't make the game more fun. Small cards suck but whatevs.

fenners

I think the USA map is better than the Europe map too, the extra rules of EU don't make the game more fun. Small cards suck but whatevs.

Ticket to Ride + 1910 for the win ;)

Stations are a pain to teach & understand for total noobs. Basic Ticket To Ride is Rummy/Set collection with the spatial addition of the map - that's really easy to teach, and the US map is largely familiar to most folk I've taught from the UK or US (heh), not so much the other way around.

Top Bottom