• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

Got some Christmas money. Now to wait for Warhammer Quest to come back in stock at MM. Also going to preorder the new Elder Sign expansion.

joelseph

I received Risk Legacy for Christmas.

With my Christmas money I purchased Sherlock and Raptor!

I also received Hostage Negotiator Season 2 from Kickstarter!

I was given Eminent Domain Microcosm for Christmas by a cousin. (With it opened and the promo cards removed. :| ) Tried to play it with the SO today and the rule sheet is shit. They must assume you have played Eminent Domain because it tells you fuck all.

Karkador

Banned
I was given Eminent Domain Microcosm for Christmas by a cousin. (With it opened and the promo cards removed. :| ) Tried to play it with the SO today and the rule sheet is shit. They must assume you have played Eminent Domain because it tells you fuck all.

It's a REALLY bad rule sheet. Go to BGG. It's like they forgot to explain half of the rules.

The game is pretty neat once you get it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gonna play some Imperial Settlers with my wife tonight. It's one of those games I've owned for about a year and barely cracked the rules to until this week. Being on vacation helps. :p I heard it's best with two and we like lightish empire-building 2p games quite a bit (just played Innovation last night). Also realized that during dinner instead of watching Netflix or whatever, we can just watch tutorial videos on YouTube (which we'll be doing for Imperial Settlers). How had I not though of this before!? Now I'm wondering if the next time we have people over we can also watch a tutorial vid over dinner...that might be pushing it though. ;p

Played Mission Red Planet today, what a lovely components and game was fun but I came to a conclusion that I am just terrible at area control games. I suck (and just doesn't get Small World), like Cave Troll but terrible at it.

Lyng

Gonna play some Imperial Settlers with my wife tonight. It's one of those games I've owned for about a year and barely cracked the rules to until this week. Being on vacation helps. :p I heard it's best with two and we like lightish empire-building 2p games quite a bit (just played Innovation last night). Also realized that during dinner instead of watching Netflix or whatever, we can just watch tutorial videos on YouTube (which we'll be doing for Imperial Settlers). How had I not though of this before!? Now I'm wondering if the next time we have people over we can also watch a tutorial vid over dinner...that might be pushing it though. ;p

I really hope you enjoy Imperial Settlers. It seems like it should have been a perfect fit. I also loooove empire building and two player. Really adore Innovation. But IS fell completely flat for me and my wife. Sadly

Blizzard

Banned
OK, here are some thoughts on 7 Wonders Duel.

pic2558122_lgmcqez.jpg

The picture is from boardgamegeek.

I've only played once so my opinion may change, but at the very least I think there are some clever mechanical things going on.
My comments are relative to the original 7 Wonders game, so if you haven't played that, they may be a bit confusing. Please forgive the wall of text!

Original: There is a rule that you have to avoid building duplicate cards. This is easy to forget, and sometimes you will realize late in the game that someone has accidentally cheated.
Duel: ALL cards are unique, completely avoiding this issue.

Original: Yellow cards provided some minor bonuses about money, trade, or whatever.
Duel: Yellow cards still give bonuses, but they also affect the "sell card" action. Selling a card gives you 2 gold plus 1 gold per yellow card. Own 3 yellow cards? Enjoy selling cards that your opponent needed for 5 gold each!

Original: You can only buy resources your neighbor produces.
Duel: You can always buy any resource, and you buy from the bank...BUT, the price goes up based on your opponent's cards. If I recall correctly, it's 2 gold per resource plus 2 per symbol on their brown/gray cards. Don't need the 2 clay you produce? That's okay, you just jacked the clay price up to 4 gold each for your opponent!

Original: You have to keep track of military victory point tokens. If you win a battle, you get point(s), and if you lose a battle, you lose point(s).
Duel: There is a dedicated military board. Each time you earn any shield(s), you move a military marker closer to your opponent's city. If you move it past some milestone points, they have to pay a one-time penalty (3 coins, and then 5 coins) after which the penalty marker is removed. If you manage to reach your opponent's city, you win instantly. This is difficult to do, but neat to have as an option. You also get points depending on where the marker ends up, and a couple of military cards may have victory points on them.

Original: You have to do some mildly annoying science scoring at the end, calculating unique symbol bonuses and set bonuses. This is only a minor hassle, but it's still a hassle and can be a bit daunting to new players.
Duel:This is completely gone. Science cards may have victory points on them, so you just add them up.

Duel only: The above may make science sound boring, but it got two neat new features. First, there are 7 different science symbols now (1 unique, and 6 paired cards). If you collect 6 different symbols, you win instantly. This is again difficult to do, but it's nice to have as an option.

Duel only: The other science change is that every time you collect a pair of symbols, you immediately take a progress token, shown on the left side of the military board above. There are 10 tokens, and only 5 in any given game, so each game is a bit different. One token gives 7 victory points, one makes your military stronger, one gives you the unique science symbol, one might help you buy blue cards, one might help you buy wonders, etc. Each token is basically a technology that lets you strengthen a certain aspect of your strategy.

Duel only: How can it be 7 Wonders if there are more than 7 wonders? There are 12 in the box, and each game uses 8 of the cards. However, once the 7th wonder of a game is built, the 8th instantly gets discarded. If you're slow you lose out.

Original: Players keep passing hands around the table, drawing one card each time.
Duel: As shown in the picture, cards are laid out in a pattern. This takes a little time to do, and there is a different pattern for each of 3 ages. Each pattern has alternating rows of faceup and facedown cards. Cards can only be taken when they are uncovered, and when a facedown card is revealed, it is flipped faceup.

Duel only: Because of the card mechanism described above, you can plan some strategy based on the upcoming cards, but there is still uncertainty. You might give your opponent a good card if you reveal a certain facedown card after your turn. To add more control over this, several wonders have a "take another turn" bonus. Each time you build such a wonder, you instantly take a second turn, letting you grab a second card. Build that wonder in the first age? You might wish you had it in the third age. Save one of those wonders for the third age? Your opponent might build all 4 of their wonders, forcing you to discard your unbuilt wonder instead.

Experien

Played Mission Red Planet today, what a lovely components and game was fun but I came to a conclusion that I am just terrible at area control games. I suck (and just doesn't get Small World), like Cave Troll but terrible at it.

I got it and like it but disappointed that I found out early that whoever wins Ice Monopoly will win the game. It has happened every time I've played it.

sasimirobot

I just found out, you can "card game people out". Drinking playing Lost Legacy with 3 close friends, loved it, only got 3 rounds in, just starting to understand wtf was going on and how it was different to Love Letter.

more friends come, play 3 rounds of Cheaty Mages, good fun. Get drunk, girlfriends arrive, this is where it all goes downhill.

Chronicle, bunch of reading...

that about wraps it up for game night. couldn't even get past the first "meeting", once the SO's and smart phones starting popping it was doomed.

Nice write up on 7 Wonders Duel, Blizzard. Personally, I was really impressed with the game. I'm a fan of 7 Wonders, but absolutely despise the two player variant that comes out of the box. Duel gives me the (slightly modified) feeling of 7 Wonders in a two player game. It works well and is really fun to play.

In other news, I played Trikerion a couple of days ago. It has an interesting theme of competing magicians trying to put on magic shows. The game felt a lot like Coloseum to me, but without the auctions. The way you perform the tricks is interesting as well. Instead of "I have x resources so now I score this trick", you have to prepare the trick first then set up your trick as a program with one or more magician's other tricks. There is a bit of spatial tile placement during this part that is interesting. Despite the dofferent theme and fairly innovative mechanism in regards to performances, the game is pretty dry. I didn't feel as engaged with the theme as I thought I would be and the vast majority of the game is a standard worker placement/resource gathering game.

Blizzard

Banned
One last 7 Wonders Duel change I forgot to mention: The original game has card names printed as requirements if you want to build a card for free, but you have to carefully read those, and then scan through the names of your own cards. Duel has symbols, though this may partly be because the cards are small. You can tell pretty easily if you have the water droplet symbol (for example) on the right of one of your cards, matching a water droplet on the left of another card.

I got it and like it but disappointed that I found out early that whoever wins Ice Monopoly will win the game. It has happened every time I've played it.
I noticed that last night also but since it was our first game I figured that could just be coincidence but since you mention it. My daughter won by a landslide last night with Ice Monopoly.

I have been playing a lot of 7 Wonders Duel also. Original is one of my favorite game that I never play because my family doesn't like it. Duel is going to be one of those game that I love and never win. We like it a lot but man you are pretty much crush when your opponent starved you out of resources early or had monopoly on certain one and you can't get the market good to substitute. Having to pay 4 coins for one resource can be crushing.

JSR_Cube

In other news, I played Trikerion a couple of days ago. It has an interesting theme of competing magicians trying to put on magic shows. The game felt a lot like Coloseum to me, but without the auctions. The way you perform the tricks is interesting as well. Instead of "I have x resources so now I score this trick", you have to prepare the trick first then set up your trick as a program with one or more magician's other tricks. There is a bit of spatial tile placement during this part that is interesting. Despite the dofferent theme and fairly innovative mechanism in regards to performances, the game is pretty dry. I didn't feel as engaged with the theme as I thought I would be and the vast majority of the game is a standard worker placement/resource gathering game.

Thanks for the impressions. My copy is punched but unplayed for now.

Any impressions of Mombasa here?

Keasar

Typical, you finally get Conflict of Heroes after much anticipation and they send you the first edition instead of second. :p

Ohnonono

Typical, you finally get Conflict of Heroes after much anticipation and they send you the first edition instead of second. :p

Oh man I am so sorry. I hope you get that fixed. My impressions of the solo stuff is very good so far. It is a little fiddly at first but once you get the flow down it is really cool.

That is so shitty though. Where did you order it from? I can't believe any big retailers would really have 1st edition sitting around or be dumb enough to make that mistake considering the boxes are a totally different shape/size and look way different.

Keasar

Oh man I am so sorry. I hope you get that fixed. My impressions of the solo stuff is very good so far. It is a little fiddly at first but once you get the flow down it is really cool.

That is so shitty though. Where did you order it from? I can't believe any big retailers would really have 1st edition sitting around or be dumb enough to make that mistake considering the boxes are a totally different shape/size and look way different.

Some fairly big Swedish store called Dragons Lair that had the best price and shipping combined. I've sent an email asking for the 2nd Edition and info to send back this one, probably a bit too close to New Years Eve for them to answer now so will just have to wait till next year. :p

In the meantime, can sit and read through the Solo expansion rules and also try and get a practice round of the Warhammer Adventure Card Game in.

Ohnonono

Some fairly big Swedish store called Dragons Lair that had the best price and shipping combined. I've sent an email asking for the 2nd Edition and info to send back this one, probably a bit too close to New Years Eve for them to answer now so will just have to wait till next year. :p

In the meantime, can sit and read through the Solo expansion rules and also try and get a practice round of the Warhammer Adventure Card Game in.

Oh man. Warhammer AVC is a hell of a thing to have to play in the meantime. I love some war games but Warhammer is my game of the year even with COH finally getting a really good solo system.

Experien

I noticed that last night also but since it was our first game I figured that could just be coincidence but since you mention it. My daughter won by a landslide last night with Ice Monopoly.

I have been playing a lot of 7 Wonders Duel also. Original is one of my favorite game that I never play because my family doesn't like it. Duel is going to be one of those game that I love and never win. We like it a lot but man you are pretty much crush when your opponent starved you out of resources early or had monopoly on certain one and you can't get the market good to substitute. Having to pay 4 coins for one resource can be crushing.

We talked about it once, the Ice monopoly just solidifies your winning. In order to get it, you have to have the most Ice pieces which means you probably already have a ton of points. But we've still had close games.

Spyware

I've been lurking for a while and I like this thread. :)

Board gaming is a very recent new interest of mine and I plan to include board gaming in my challenge thing for 2016. You know the "play X amount of games", 50/50 (books/movies) and such things. I've set up my goals as this: 52 finished games, 52 new board games played, 52 books read and 104 movies seen.
I'm gonna try to play one new board game per week since I might perhaps possibly have splurged a bit when I realised I wanted "some" games to play... :p

Board gaming is a very recent new interest of mine and I plan to include board gaming in my challenge thing for 2016. You know the "play X amount of games", 50/50 (books/movies) and such things. I've set up my goals as this: 52 finished games, 52 new board games played, 52 books read and 104 movies seen.
I'm gonna try to play one new board game per week since I might perhaps possibly have splurged a bit when I realised I wanted "some" games to play... :p

Welcome :). Those are some pretty ambitious targets! I wouldn't want to take on one of those let alone four :/. Best of British luck to you then sah! I'm coming up to a year of playing board games again for the first time in 35 or so years and am only now starting to resist the temptation to BUY! BUY! BUY!!! so enjoy your new love honeymoon period :D.

daevv

Thanks for the 7 Wonders Duel rules breakdown Blizzard! Hoping to get a game in today with my wife. That will give me another game played in 2015 also. ;)

Experien

Might try Codenames using CAH (I swear I never ply CAH how it is supposed to play it, if it wasn't for Telestrations, I'd probably get rid of it), any pointers/suggestions/tips?

Blizzard

Banned
We skipped the tutorial.

Just felt a little too mechanical for me. Same complaint I have with many other co-ops. I've been pretty vocal about my general distaste for them.
I think you'd have to get into a D&D-style game with a GM to avoid mechanical systems like that, and even then there are still some rules involved. You might just prefer competitive.

Might try Codenames using CAH (I swear I never ply CAH how it is supposed to play it, if it wasn't for Telestrations, I'd probably get rid of it), any pointers/suggestions/tips?

It's a bad idea. One of the really nice things about the cards in the box is how balanced they are. They are interconnected, making it not trivial to give/guess clues. CoH doesn't feature anything like that. The clues and answers might be funny, but expect eight rounds of one-word clues if you do

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm finally painting more of my Brimstone stuff. I kept putting it off due to life, but now I've got down time and can go back to fun stuff. Already preordered the town expansion from CSI because heck yes.

Ants

stopping by because im a total scrub and looking for recommendations. the gf and i barely board game at all but we're looking to get into it. yomi is the shit, that's pretty much all i have to offer for board games we really enjoyed, because it's basically all we've tried.

stuff that's 2-player friendly and focuses on mind games would be fun. for reference, the kind of co-op/compettive video games we enjoy are divekick, lethal league, nidhogg, ultimate chicken horse, risk of rain, screencheat, battleblock theater... triple triad and card city nights are the shit. mafia/werewolf is a great party game. i played hanabi once and that was fun but probably wouldn't be as fun with two players.

not sure that provides a useful metric but i think you would certainly have been able to tell me we'd enjoy yomi based on that list, so maybe it will, after all.

i appreciate any recommendations made.

maybe as a jumping off point, i had these recommended to me already, and i'd be interested in second opinions on them:

Jaipur
Star Realms
Castles of Burgandy
Mage Knight
Twilight Struggle
Pagoda
Seasons
Netrunner
Arctic Scavenger
Race for the Galaxy (and Roll for the Galaxy, because dice)
Small World (with "diplomat" removed, whatever that is)

i'm not looking to spend a million dollars on anything but if i REALLY like it i can be compelled to. hopefully it's something like Yomi which i was glad to play a low entry price and get a complete game out of, but since i love it i've now got all but 4 characters purchased.

i have absolutely no aversion to digital versions of games so long as they can successfully be played locally

Shengar

I don't know we have a community thread for board gaming, hello folks!

Want to stop by and tell how my firts Waterdeep game with Undermountain module was a mistake....because we played on new year's eve and the game dragged for 2 hours. It was pure fun but I wished we played it on a time when we don't have to constantly reminding which piece is for whom and two minutes of staring before you realize it's your turn lol

When the manual said it as long game, it's truly lived up to its name.
stopping by because im a total scrub and looking for recommendations. the gf and i barely board game at all but we're looking to get into it. yomi is the shit, that's pretty much all i have to offer for board games we really enjoyed, because it's basically all we've tried.

stuff that's 2-player friendly and focuses on mind games would be fun. for reference, the kind of co-op/compettive video games we enjoy are divekick, lethal league, nidhogg, ultimate chicken horse, risk of rain, screencheat, battleblock theater... triple triad and card city nights are the shit. mafia/werewolf is a great party game. i played hanabi once and that was fun but probably wouldn't be as fun with two players.

not sure that provides a useful metric but i think you would certainly have been able to tell me we'd enjoy yomi based on that list, so maybe it will, after all.

maybe as a jumping off point, i had these recommended to me already, and i'd be interested in second opinions on them:

Jaipur
Star Realms
Castles of Burgandy
Mage Knight
Twilight Struggle
Pagoda
Seasons
Netrunner
Arctic Scavenger

i'm not looking to spend a million dollars on anything but if i REALLY like it i can be compelled to. hopefully it's something like Yomi which i was glad to play a low entry price and get a complete game out of, but since i love it i've now got all but 4 characters purchased.

i have absolutely no aversion to digital versions of games so long as they can successfully be played locally
Android Netrunner sounds like a solid choice since you have a sure partner to play with. Also it's easy to expand since FFG already released some deluxe expansion and numerous card pack.

Mr E.

Is it just you buying the games or is this a group thing? That's a pretty expensive target.

Spyware

Welcome :). Those are some pretty ambitious targets! I wouldn't want to take on one of those let alone four :/. Best of British luck to you then sah! I'm coming up to a year of playing board games again for the first time in 35 or so years and am only now starting to resist the temptation to BUY! BUY! BUY!!! so enjoy your new love honeymoon period :D.
I had a really crappy year, got some extra money and had just started watching TableTop for some reason (it's not that good but they make games look really fun). From there I stumbled upon BGG and this thread and suddenly I have a backlog. Whoops. I think I have already reached the point of resisting purchases for myself since I got so many during the last months and want to play them. :)

Is it just you buying the games or is this a group thing? That's a pretty expensive target.
It's me and my SO and uh... we already got pretty much all we need to beat the challenge :p and no it wasn't cheap...

Jaipur
Star Realms
Castles of Burgandy
Mage Knight
Twilight Struggle
Pagoda
Seasons
Netrunner
Arctic Scavenger

Regarding Arctic Scavengers, it is a very thematic deckbuilding game. Basically, you and other players are leaders of your own tribes and you try to build up your population and scavenge for vital resources (tools). Starting with the third round, at the end of the round you will use whatever cards you haven't played in a skirmish and everyone will battle for a contested resource. This adds an element of bluffing to the game.

There is an edition of the game that comes with all the expansions, so you can pick and choose different modules to add to the base game. It plays fine with 2 players but really shines with 3+ players. I really enjoy this game, and the first time I played it with others (player count of 4), everyone loved it and said they wanted to buy a copy of the game for themselves.

Check out this video review by Shut Up & Sit Down, they really like this game: http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/videos/v/review-arctic-scavengers/

edit-
Star Realms is an excellent deckbuilder for 2 players and is very cheap. And you might want to check out Dicemasters. There are different versions of the game (D&D, Marvel, DC, YuGiOh) and is pretty fun, since you can create your own teams and roll dice for everything. I also suggest looking into Valley of the Kings (another deckbuilder) and Arboretum.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Mage Knight is incredible, probably a top 3 game for me. However, it's very heavy on rules at first. It's more like an RPG than a boardgame.

Suburbia has proven to be a great competitive experience. Does great with 2, but I think 3-4 would be even more exciting.

Pandemic legacy report

Me and a mate and his teen son are up to April in this game and nobody wants to stop yet. Board games are great but being honest with myself, the first game of any game is often the best and beyond that at least one and often all players find repeat games a bit of a chore. No such problem with this game, the way it evolves keeps interest high. We are winning and losing in equal amounts and if this pattern continues it is going to be 20+ games to complete the evolution. That's some good value, even if we don't make it all the way to the end!

Mr E.

It's me and my SO and uh... we already got pretty much all we need to beat the challenge :p and no it wasn't cheap...
Sounds like your set to go then. My SO isn't keen on learning a new game. I have to sneak one in every month or two. Her next target is Glen More. Good luck with your challenge.

I had a really crappy year, got some extra money and had just started watching TableTop for some reason (it's not that good but they make games look really fun). From there I stumbled upon BGG and this thread and suddenly I have a backlog. Whoops. I think I have already reached the point of resisting purchases for myself since I got so many during the last months and want to play them. :)

I'm sorry you had such a bad 2015. Here's to a much better 2016. I hope you have fun with the challenge.

...maybe as a jumping off point, i had these recommended to me already, and i'd be interested in second opinions on them:

Jaipur

I taught myself this one at home recently in single player, left against right hand. Then I taught it to my friend who owns our FLGS and was delighted to pop in a few days later and find him playing it with another of our group. They seem to really like it and I enjoyed it very much even in single player. It is designed to be a 2 player only game but there are suggestions on BGG for 3 and 4 player variants which I am keen to try with them next.

I would need to play it much more to be able to give it my unreserved recommendation but my initial impressions are very good. Tastes differ of course but I would certainly recommend you have a good look at this one to see if it would fit what you are looking for. I only bought it to get an online order up to a certain amount and so far it has been the pick of that game order.

EYEL1NER

If you like Triple Triad and Card City Nights, Sellswords might be right up your alley. I commonly see Triple Triad referenced in the same breath as Sellswords and the similarities are why I want to pick up a copy. The beginning of the game sees you drafting different double sided (red and blue) square character tiles that feature numbers and abilities on the sides of the tile. After that you begin taking turns placing tiles so that they connect to others and of course the numbers and abilities mean that other tiles can flip to your color and net you more points.

You like Yomi? It may not have that similar of gameplay as Yomi but another representation of a fighting game that is really strategic is BattleCON: War of Indines (and the other games in the BattleCON series). It is also made by Level 99 games, the people who put out Sellswords. BattleCON does have a F2P iOS app that you could try, with four characters available for free. You could get a basic idea of how the game and those characters play but be aware that the app is very buggy and prone to crashes. Here is a good description of gameplay from a review:
A quick overview of the gameplay for those completely unfamiliar with it: Each player selects a character from a roster of 12 (which will grow to potentially 16 when the game is released due to some Kickstarter rewards). Each character has the same basic attack cards. Called bases, these cover a variety of standard fighting game moves, such as ranged attacks, power attacks, driving attacks, and dashing. Each character also gets a unique base that only they have access to. This brings the total number of bases available to the player up to 7.
Bases are supplemented by 5 “styles” unique to each character. Styles are basically cards that modify the stats of bases, making them more powerful, faster, longer ranged, etc.

This gives each player a set of 12 cards. Each turn they will select one base and one style to form an attack. These attacks are simultaneously played face down, revealed, and resolved in initiative order. Correctly judging what attack your opponent will play this turn and selecting an attack to counter it is the main component of the game.

The game is played on a board that emulates the 2D space of a fighting game arena. Players can move forward and backward, and correctly setting the range between you and an opponent is a major consideration.
There is a lot of "reading" your opponent like in Yomi. Once you have learned yours and the opponent's character, you will be doing a lot of guessing as to what they could possibly play and how best to counter it, or trying to bait a specific attack from them on the current turn to be able to punish them on the next turn. You asked for mind games and BattleCON has mind games in spades once you have learned it. It's pretty fun stuff and the second game, Devastation of Indines, is chock full of content.

Those are two the jumped out as suggestions pretty quickly for me. I haven't played Sellswords yet but expect to like it and I love BattleCON. I actually own all of the newest edition of Yomi from the recent Kickstarter but have yet to find someone to play it with.

elyetis

You like Yomi? It may not have that similar of gameplay as Yomi but another representation of a fighting game that is really strategic is BattleCON: War of Indines (and the other games in the BattleCON series). It is also made by Level 99 games, the people who put out Sellswords. BattleCON does have a F2P iOS app that you could try, with four characters available for free. You could get a basic idea of how the game and those characters play but be aware that the app is very buggy and prone to crashes. Here is a good description of gameplay from a review:

There is a lot of "reading" your opponent like in Yomi. Once you have learned yours and the opponent's character, you will be doing a lot of guessing as to what they could possibly play and how best to counter it, or trying to bait a specific attack from them on the current turn to be able to punish them on the next turn. You asked for mind games and BattleCON has mind games in spades once you have learned it. It's pretty fun stuff and the second game, Devastation of Indines, is chock full of content.

Those are two the jumped out as suggestions pretty quickly for me. I haven't played Sellswords yet but expect to like it and I love BattleCON. I actually own all of the newest edition of Yomi from the recent Kickstarter but have yet to find someone to play it with.
BattleCON is sooo much fun, too bad I mostly play it with tabletop simulator since people I play it with are in other cities, and my brother is now in another country.
I only have Fate of INDINES at the moment, as soon as I find Devastation of Indines ( at a decent price, in France it' currently out of stock in the few site I know, except for that one crazy expensive seller on amazon selling it for ~200$ ).

Not that Fate of INDINES is lacking content, but I got my mind blown when I saw how much content Devastation is holding in it's box. Heck, I already have pdf found on boardgamegeek to make tuckbox for all the characters and a link for the DOI-001 Insert from go7gaming in my favorites.

Mr E.

And for suggestions to compliment Jaipur.

Lost cities, two player only, set up is shuffle and deal. Play time around 15 minutes.

Battle line two player only, set up is shuffle and deal play time around 30/45 minutes.

Port Royal two to five player. Set up is shuffle and deal play time around 20/30minutes.

Biblios two to four player. Set up requires removal of cards dependant on player count. Plays around 20 minutes or so.

Whilst Port Royal and Biblios play with higher counts they are both great with two players also.

Then there's Jambo/Asante (2 player) and San Juan (2/4 player) which are slightly more involved at around 45 minutes.

Anyone looking for a fantastic solo card game should check out Friday the card game. A solo deck builder based on clever card combinations.

PS
Biblios rocks.

Nezumi

BattleCON is sooo much fun, too bad I mostly play it with tabletop simulator since people I play it with are in other cities, and my brother is now in another country.
I only have Fate of INDINES at the moment, as soon as I find Devastation of Indines ( at a decent price, in France it' currently out of stock in the few site I know, except for that one crazy expensive seller on amazon selling it for ~200$ ).

I got my copy from amazon.de for about 87€ and when I checked the UK store had it in a similar price range. I think they both deliver to France as well.

Top Bottom