• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bunch of RE9 Leak from 4Chan

OrionNebula

Sounds believable

– The game takes place on "Tierra del Fuego" island in Southeast Asia;

– The main source of inspiration was the Japanese volcanic island "Miyake-jima", which has a volcano that emits poisonous volcanic gas, causing all its inhabitants to wear gas masks;

– The architecture of the village and small town is a mix of cultural cliches from all 11 countries of Southeast Asia;

– The main biological threat is the White Mold, inspired by the real-life moldy fungus Torrubiella. In real life, it kills insects by completely taking over the body of its victim. In the game, this fungus was used to modify the Mold that we know from RE7 and RE8. The White Mold gradually covers the body of the victims, driving them crazy, and this is vaguely reminiscent of the stages of infection from TLoU;

– When the Mold completely covers the body of the victims in something like a furry cocoon, various creatures emerge from these cocoons, reflecting ideas about folklore, mythological creatures of this region;

– White Mold also covers the walls of various rooms, and near these walls the protagonist experiences terrible hallucinations;

– The main character is Adrian Clark, he is a tourist who arrived on the island with his wife and son;

– The wife was killed by local residents shortly after the start of the game, and the son was kidnapped for unknown purposes, the protagonist is trying to find him;

– Sometimes Leon Kennedy, who is about 50 years old at the time of the game, helps him. His role is episodic, and he appears a little more often than Chris in REVillage;

– Chris, Jill and Claire are also present in this game, they work with Leon, but they act somewhere behind the scenes. Probably, their role will be revealed in DLC;

Edit :

– The game is played from FPV, but after completing the game, a OTS will be available. Also, DLC for famous characters are planned to be made only from OTS;

– The volcano on the island has a plot significance. Some ancient extremophiles live there, worshiped by the locals. It is known that these extremophiles can strengthen the White Mold, and they are of interest to both The Connections and BSAA;

– BSAA is now completely under the control of Blue Umbrella, having completely corrupted this organization. It's s also known that Blue Umbrella supplies BOW-Soldiers as weapons to other countries, and the world is on the verge of destruction;

– During the game, it is clearly hinted that its events will lead to an apocalypse;

– The game is being developed on the advanced REX Engine, the announcement is planned for the first half of 2025, the release date is scheduled for early 2026;

– The game will support PSVR2.

7ZXpaAl.jpeg

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
"– The wife was killed by local residents shortly after the start of the game, and the son was kidnapped for unknown purposes, the protagonist is trying to find him;"

Another "ethan" fate for the protag?
Sad Naruto GIF

Honestly I'm a little lost about Resident Evil's story already. I liked 7 although DLCs were a bit nonsense. I'm yet to play Village.

I ended up being distracted by the Remakes which I love and I'm excited for more.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

It sounds believable,a natural follow up to RE7 and RE8 set on Asia with a brand new protagonist, i like it.

If its fake at least it sounds believable enough, with continuing using monsters from folklore (made with mold)

DosGamer

I liked the idea of the game being played on a massive ship.
Something about the back tracking in the OG mansion made me love that game... Imagine a whole ship updated and usable until it gets to port and you continue on the island for the 2nd half..

Gojiira

Press X to Doubt. Sounds way too similar to Ethan. The only part Im leaning towards being true is the Apocalypse plot point. RE has kinda shied away from going full on Apocalypse and Post-Apoc but seems like a logical step forward. Ngl it would be awesome if there was a time skip and it does pick up with a older Leon exploring the ruins of a city looking for a rumoured Umbrella lab, maybe searching for Anti-Virus or equipment etc. Could be cool if done well.

Sounds like RE7 and Village but in another location. I liked Village but I'd like to see a return to roots. The mansion from RE1 and the police precinct in RE2 were so well done and intricately designed, I want to see more stuff like that.

-furry cocoons
-extremophiles
Wha?

I liked the idea of the game being played on a massive ship.
Something about the back tracking in the OG mansion made me love that game... Imagine a whole ship updated and usable until it gets to port and you continue on the island for the 2nd half..
Revelations?

Bitstream

Since the game wasn't teased or advertised at all, its time to stop putting any stock into these leaks. A real leaker would have had a timeline on when the first trailer would happen, and if we were going to see it at TGS.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm hesitant to laugh off 4chan rumors after the Yakuza one was 100% accurate and reported half a year before its announcement.

Bernardougf

After the remakes I just cant play this FPV bullshit ... a classic RE would be so good after 7 and 8 .. but well..

honest question.. if I didnt like 7.. any chance Ill like 8 ? Really dont like this run and hide horror games. Aside from Alien Isolation.

Bitstream

After the remakes I just cant play this FPV bullshit ... a classic RE would be so good after 7 and 8 .. but well..

honest question.. if I didnt like 7.. any chance Ill like 8 ? Really dont like this run and hide horror games. Aside from Alien Isolation.
8 has very little run and hide in it, and is like RE4 in many ways

Top Bottom