• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bunch of RE9 Leak from 4Chan

Zacfoldor

After the remakes I just cant play this FPV bullshit ... a classic RE would be so good after 7 and 8 .. but well..

honest question.. if I didnt like 7.. any chance Ill like 8 ? Really dont like this run and hide horror games. Aside from Alien Isolation.
Yeah, Village is really good. I couldn't ever make it far in 7 but Village is legit a good game. It is segmented off into separate areas like Demon's Souls and really kinda has a theme to each one, imho it is a must play.

Also I'm heavily on team 3rd person, but the first person didn't take away from Village for me which was very surprising. Very good item management/vendor system too which kinda helped pull me thru the game. It has some amazing set pieces. I'm also one that hated 7 but Village felt more like a thrill ride and was never boring. 9/10.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

Need some love on this :

YsJ8q92.jpeg

I spent 6 whole minutes on this for your enjoyment, you ungrateful sack of shits

ByWatterson

Hope the VR thing is true. I need one or two more titles with robust support to finally pull the trigger.

I want it just for No Man's Sky. But I need a little more.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Will buy on pc for a day one mod unlocking third person from the jump.

Seems convoluted enough to be real.

All I need is the option to play it on PSVR2. RE lore has been dumb as can be for 20 years now, story is irrelevant to me. Just maintain backtracking, inventory management, and puzzles. That's all I ever want for RE gameplay.

kondorBonk

Going fake.

Iconic characters to the series is a draw. Aging them out (especially fan favorite Leon) seems like an odd choice from a Japanese developer but at the same time seems like something the Western audience would appreciate. If anything you tend to see the reverse.

I also think being an average Joe, dead wife missing kid is a little too close to 7 and 8. Fish out of water works but until 7 I think ever character was in some way trained.

Then mold characters again... with a direct reference to The Last of Us' inspiration fungus? I would think a stronger effort would go to them moving in the other direction.

Yeah, Village is really good. I couldn't ever make it far in 7 but Village is legit a good game. It is segmented off into separate areas like Demon's Souls and really kinda has a theme to each one, imho it is a must play.

Also I'm heavily on team 3rd person, but the first person didn't take away from Village for me which was very surprising. Very good item management/vendor system too which kinda helped pull me thru the game. It has some amazing set pieces. I'm also one that hated 7 but Village felt more like a thrill ride and was never boring. 9/10.
Thrill ride is a good way to describe Village. I forgot until now but my first playthrough felt like I was in an amusement park. I love how each area switches up the gameplay to great effect. It's such a good game. My only complaint is that the intro can feel like a slog on repeat playthroughs but it's pure bliss once the game actually starts.

Roni

Tierra Del Fuego? In Asia?

Unless it's in the Philippines I don't see it making much sense... Even then, that's stretching.

Astral Dog

They said they are looking for it to be a 90+ game so this shit seems fake to me.
don't see how the setting indicates metacritic score, a village in Asia close to a volcano with folklore monsters seems as good as any RE concept

it has potential if real, if not then we just keep waiting 🤭

Diddy X

don't see how the setting indicates metacritic score, a village in Asia close to a volcano with folklore monsters seems as good as any RE concept

it has potential if real, if not then we just keep waiting 🤭

What about the mold again and the father looking foir his son AGAIN, that sounds boring and we already saw it so no 90+ for this game.

OrionNebula

What about the mold again and the father looking foir his son AGAIN, that sounds boring and we already saw it so no 90+ for this game.
Yeah I miss the old days when leakers were actually trying to be creative, and not just get together shit ideas based on other games

Some of this stuff is just so fucking weird, too. ‘’Leon helping sometimes, when he feels like it, and he’s done with his own sightseeing’’. ‘’Chris and Claire just hanging around in the background’’

Astral Dog

Im sure it would be different enough from Ethan, the Mold is whatever they want it to be, the mold monsters from RE8 don't look anything like the ones in RE7

though i agree they could leave the Mold storyline for RE9 as well, i was hoping to see a closing to the Connections arc, that is still unsolved, its why i still like this 'leak'

But i don't mind either way 🤭this is just the most detailed 'info' on RE9 we got so far its still fun speculating

Arachnid

Okay, anxious Gaffers will say they're chasing TLOU ghost.
Not like TLOU was that imaginative. They're still just zombies with different archetypes like the "tank" type or the "explosive/acidic" type. Plus, RE has had zombies come from virus, fungi, and parasites already.

Also, RE was one of the inspirations for TLOU.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

Not like TLOU was that imaginative. They're still just zombies with different archetypes like the "tank" type or the "explosive/acidic" type. Plus, RE has had zombies come from virus, fungi, and parasites already.

Also, RE was one of the inspirations for TLOU.
When? I RE7 was about mold and it came out after The Last Of Us. The closest thing I can think of is the plant zombie.

Imtjnotu

....how many damn times do we have to deal with some ones child being kidnapped and we have to save them capcom......

other than that i cant wait to play Resident last of us

Top Bottom