• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM rumors

Kon Tiki

Banned
-RE4 might be on PS2.
-rumour has it Kameo might get canned
-Nintendo is planning to use peach in a Nintenoods game

bubsy1.gif

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
- Another halo being prepared for xbox 2 launch
- PSP maybe delayed to NEXT fall.
- A high capacity memory card for pstwo/2 big enough to store ffx1/socom 2 things.

True, BS, true

If they really are making a Halo 3 for the launch, I don't know who the hell is going to develop it. Bungie has already gone on record stating that their next project won't be Halo related.

Kon Tiki

Banned
If they really are making a Halo 3 for the launch, I don't know who the hell is going to develop it. Bungie has already gone on record stating that their next project won't be Halo related.

FASA. Halo : The Cyberpunk RPG

Maybe Bungie still has a game due out this gen.

Drek

Like that MS would be insane not to have HALO 3 ready for launch.
I don't know, I think if they line up a good list of games for launch they'd almost be better off pushing Halo 3 back to the next holiday season from the launch year. That way they can time it with the first price drop and make a real big push.

Besides, system launches are the best chance you have to start a new major franchise on a console. As long as the game is quality the early adopters will all get it, giving good word of mouth, which ulitmately is one of the major selling factors behind any game.

If they could have Perfect Dark 0, a new Project Gotham, let Bungie release a new game that you can try and turn into a franchise, and look to lineup a good RPG or two (KOTOR 3?) and they could be sitting pretty well off. Having an HL2/Counterstrike combo game would also be a big boost for early online subscriptions, a even console sales if its the first console vers. of HL2.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
There's no way Bungie can have Halo 3 ready by Xbox 2 launch. Halo 2 took 3 years to develop. I doubt a new one on new, much more powerful hardware can be done much faster. And it's not like they've had a second team working on it in parallel to Halo 2. Ever since Project Phoenix was cancelled all of Bungie has been working on the same game.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Drek said:
I don't know, I think if they line up a good list of games for launch they'd almost be better off pushing Halo 3 back to the next holiday season from the launch year. That way they can time it with the first price drop and make a real big push.

Besides, system launches are the best chance you have to start a new major franchise on a console. As long as the game is quality the early adopters will all get it, giving good word of mouth, which ulitmately is one of the major selling factors behind any game.

If they could have Perfect Dark 0, a new Project Gotham, let Bungie release a new game that you can try and turn into a franchise, and look to lineup a good RPG or two (KOTOR 3?) and they could be sitting pretty well off. Having an HL2/Counterstrike combo game would also be a big boost for early online subscriptions, a even console sales if its the first console vers. of HL2.

IAWTP

Shinobi

SolidSnakex said:
Like that MS would be insane not to have HALO 3 ready for launch.

I'd throw out an upgraded Halo/Halo 2 double pack with bonus features, if it wouldn't be too hard. Maybe they could add whatever online features that's missing in Halo 2 to the new version, plus give Halo full online support as well.

Failing that though, I don't see Halo 3 coming out before 2003...probably timed to go up against PS3's launch. If their other launch games are hot, they can keep Xenon selling on a year's worth of Halo 3 hype anyway.

Shinobi

:lol How the hell did I type that out...I meant 2006. I'll leave the post unedited though, so your post can make other people laugh. :lol

Top Bottom