• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Ramirez

Guys, any idea when we can watch Fall of Reach? Or is it only viewable when the game unlocks on the 27th?

Correct.

I'm getting a new controller before launch still debating the MC controller or the White one. Choices!

MC one comes with that REQ pack, choice has already been made for you.
YKmlFkK.png

shinnn

Finished on Heroic. This game is good. =D

Please MS, unlock multiplayer for everyone.

Damn, I took 280+ screenshots during my playtime.

Finished on Heroic. This game is good. =D

Please MS, unlock multiplayer for everyone.

Damn, I took 280+ screenshots during my playtime.

Im glad everyone's enjoying it and I'm glad I get to be a part of the hype before the hater train. What's your favorite mission #?

shrek

Banned
To anyone who's played the campaign, is there anything that is like/surpasses the Ark or the Covenant in terms of scale and vehicular warfare? Any missions that jump out to you as instant classics?

Lakitu

st5fu
To anyone who's played the campaign, is there anything that is like/surpasses the Ark or the Covenant in terms of scale and vehicular warfare? Any missions that jump out to you as instant classics?

This is what I want to know too.

Although someone said yes, I just would like specifics.

Vire

Good question! Someone please answer.

I don't recall anything on the scale of these maps, or anything as memorable IMO

But there are some vehicle sections that are large

Bit OT but does anyone with NXOE have any trouble with Halo 5? I know there was trouble with MCC not launching on it but I want to try it out and wondering if I should wait till it launches properly or not.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Bit OT but does anyone with NXOE have any trouble with Halo 5? I know there was trouble with MCC not launching on it but I want to try it out and wondering if I should wait till it launches properly or not.

Stinkles said he was playing no issues. I opted out just in case.

BraXzy

I'm about half way through the campaign so far, taking it nice and slow on Heroic, exploring every little area that I can find. Absolutely loving it, have very few complaints and a whole load of omg I love it's. The new movement abilities are such a great addition from my first impressions. Minor general spoilers ahead.

All the abilities add so so much to the campaign play spaces that just add that little extra something special. Clamber makes everything more vertical, so you can flank/sneak from above. Loving the little hidey holes behind the walls you can charge through. A lot of the verticality/numerous ways to approach encounters is going to make this very repayable. I also quite like the pacing of missions, you get breathers every now and then with more chances to just explore which is great. Excited to see other people's impressions. Can't wait to finish it.

Hawk269

Maybe a little longer but a lot less grind. It's a lot more fun than 4

Sounds great. It took me about 15 hours to beat H4 on heroic. I really take my time, like shooting from afar etc. So it sounds like for me it may be about an 18 hour gamer or so.

BraXzy

My opinion on some of the Promethean weaponry is slowly changing. I found the suppressor pretty dull to use till I realised
its shots will track the weak points on Knights, making them pretty handy at taking them out.

Still not a fan of the bolt shot but I do like the precision weps.

After watching gameplay of the MP and campaign the past few days, I went and bought Halo 5 on XBL, and picked up the Master Chief controller. This actually looks like 343 has a winner. I've been critical of them in the past, but H5 just looks too good. Consider me IN(enlisted)!!!

BraXzy

Out of interest people who have played the campaign,
how many unique weapons did you find?

And are they legendary skins that unlock in the multiplayer?

I have found the shotgun (or was it a boltshot) with flames at the front, the red and white needler, and a sniper. Don't think I've found any others so far.

Jesus, Mission 3
is long as fuck and so annoying on Legendary. Just when I'm ready for it to end, it throws another tedious section at me. Will probably be much better in co-op though because Buck isn't that great at driving or reviving, SMH.

That cutscene was worth it though. #TeamChief

BraXzy

Haha loving this on mission 9...

Currently in the sangheli town and there's a grunt and elite sat at the edge of a cliff. Make sure you pop over and listen in, the grunt has some funny stories to tell.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Haha loving this on mission 9...

Currently in the sangheli town and there's a grunt and elite sat at the edge of a cliff. Make sure you pop over and listen in, the grunt has some funny stories to tell.

Both are played by Joe Staten.

LordOfChaos

Hellcat armor description could be pretty big for canon

Helmet: Tests with Spartan-II veterans show near-perfect synchronization with HELLCAT armor, but compatible Spartan-IV operators require an acclimatization period and tweaks to their augmentation maintenance before deployment.

http://www.halopedia.org/HELLCAT-class_Mjolnir

So the armor
is from Ancient Humanity, and Spartan IIs can wear it while IVs have to have some other alterations. Implying IIs are getting pretty close to ancient humanity was, as some of us theorized.

comparison

http://i.imgur.com/AJ5jD8B.png?1

Top Bottom