• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Can any early players here tell me if there is a legendary ending like previous halos?
I'm not looking for spoilers, but genuinely curious about that.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Is anyone with early access running the NXOE?

It forced me into the new dashboard update and if performance is bad or it causes issues with H5, I'm going to be absolutely livid.

Lots of people. Was watching IGN stream. Ryan was also on NXOE. works great.
Can any early players here tell me if there is a legendary ending like previous halos?
I'm not looking for spoilers, but genuinely curious about that.

Yes pleas, I also want to know this.

TheDanger

Banned
Just finished the campaign, i enjoyed it very much overall, but I'm kinda disappointed
that you hardly ever play as the the Master Chief.

Anyone with the CE do the swap for a disc? I was hoping it'd arrive early but I just know they're going to ship it late. Xbox.com status shows nothing but "in progress."

Euron

To the people who have finished the campaign, how does it rank in comparision to the other games?

FYI my ranking right now is 3>ODST>1>2>4>Reach

I'll try today too. Legendary sucks ass by the way. Your team is complete garbage.

I also just realized there's no more start from rally points

Lol. There's been some rough spots, and yea the friendly ai isn't real helpful besides some revives. I know some boss battles are going to suck. I'm at the end of level 5.... Ouch.

Yea I've been trying to get skulls which is stupid because if you die you are likely going back a ways. Still having a really good time tho

This may sound a bit stupid, but i have already read 3 stories of installing Halo 5 from the disc. I am on the east coast and intend on going to the midnight launch to pick up my Limited edition along with my elite controller. So like I dont feel like waiting an hour or 2 for it to install, so i preordered the game digitally as well and its downloading right now. Ill just use the codes that comes with my physical to get my req packs and armor goodies. This way it will be unlocked and ready to play when i get home and all ill have to do is install the elite controller software.

bidguy

Banned
Gameplay wise. It's my favorite. Story, who knows. I enjoyed it but others won't. It's halo.

I can't put the controller down.

im on mission 8 and id rank this above halo 4,reach and odst easily so far. areas are a lot more open and some remind me of the early halo games like ce and 2

im on mission 8 and id rank this above halo 4,reach and odst easily so far. areas are a lot more open and some remind me of the early halo games like ce and 2

Yea gameplay wise. It's easily tops for me, but you know how people are.

How the Fffffffffffff do you beat the end of mission 5 on legendary

Am loving the main menu UI. so slick.

Really like how 343 streamlined the Forerunner design. It looks very clean and has great contrast.

Heroic is too easy though. Think I'm going to bump up to Legendary.

The 30 FPS animation of the enemies is very noticeable even from a short distance.

I kinda like it though, in an endearing sort of way. Adds a bit of personality to the movements of the Prometheans.

DyZ

Am loving the main menu UI. so slick.

Really like how 343 streamlined the Forerunner design. It looks very clean and has great contrast.

Heroic is too easy though. Think I'm going to bump up to Legendary.

The UI, surprisingly to me at least, is one of my least favorite parts. The FOV seems off, but maybe that's just me.

The UI, surprisingly to me at least, is one of my least favorite parts. The FOV seems off, but maybe that's just me.

The FOV on the menus themselves or the HUD? The HUD in game seems a bit weird (on Locke), but i'm finding that the menus are pretty snappy. 343 has also added a lot of micro managing stuff like checkpoint saving.

DyZ

The FOV on the menus themselves or the HUD? The HUD in game seems a bit weird (on Locke), but i'm finding that the menus are pretty snappy. 343 has also added a lot of micro managing stuff like checkpoint saving.

Oh I meant the HUD. Yea, I love the design and aesthetic of the menus. However the HUD, in game, is off to me.

solis74

Royal Mail postman dropped off a bunch of letters, but no Halo 5...

giphy.gif

lol

solis74

The soldier class feels more like fighting an elite while the Knights feels more like hunters. The Spartan abilities like thrusting, charging, ground pounding allows for different play styles against them making it way more exciting IMO.

One thing I do just want to point out is that there is a slight learning curve at the beginning. Especially with this being the first Halo game being made in 60 FPS from the ground up and all the awesome Spartan abilities...it took me like 10-15 minutes of fighting to get the complete hang of it (I've beat every single Halo game on Legendary as well...so I'm definitely not new to the series)...but after that I was in FPS heaven. Game runs fantastic.

sweet.

The 30 FPS animation of the enemies is very noticeable even from a short distance.

I kinda like it though, in an endearing sort of way. Adds a bit of personality to the movements of the Prometheans.

I felt the exact same way. It was weird at first but I kinda like it aha.

Is anyone with early access running the NXOE?

It forced me into the new dashboard update and if performance is bad or it causes issues with H5, I'm going to be absolutely livid.

Mine auto-updated this morning. But I have seen people playing Halo 5 fine with the NXOE. So, all should be good. And by the way, the new dashboard is really slick and smooth. Much better then the previous dashboard.

I'm digging the Spartan teammates so far. They're not a guaranteed revive on Legendary, especially if you go down far away from them, but it's so nice to not be frustrated every time you die from random bullshit on Legendary.

Tanaka da MVP

m23

I'm digging the Spartan teammates so far. They're not a guaranteed revive on Legendary, especially if you go down far away from them, but it's so nice to not be frustrated every time you die from random bullshit on Legendary.

Tanaka da MVP

Even on heroic, you can't just run into battle and expect to be revived.

drotahorror

In another thread I sort of detailed my goings through the MCC this week (first time playing Halo campaigns). Have beat the first and second this week and I'm on mission 9 in Halo 3. Gotta say, Halo 2 is still my favorite unless this last mission or two in 3 knock my socks off. Got Halo 5 on preload and a year of Gold today.

Top Bottom