• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

wildfire

Banned
Blind girl wasn't powerless.

It was blatantly clear she was tapping into her nen half way through her death match with the king.

Considering how few people get to this level it was quite the feat.

Betty

Banned

It was blatantly clear she was tapping into her nen half way through her death match with the king.

I meant powerless to fight back in an actual battle, the fact someone like that had such an important and powerful effect on the main villain speaks volumes about the Ant Arc's defiance of expectations, and HxH's overall really.

To say there was no payoff to their interactions like the other poster mentioned is absurd.

I wanna spoil shit since newbies might come in here, I gotta be more vague in future.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Its commented on that the greatest artists, craftsmen, etc. basically develop an unconscious form of Nen that furthers their work, much the same with Komugi. Basically they develop a Nen power based on their passion without ever realizing it or even figuring out Nen is a thing. Its rather Zenlike actually.

Some dude just exploded into a cloud of lucky charms cause he bumped into Kefka.
You watching for the first time? This thread is kind of a landmine so I would be careful.
Yeah I'm noticing that actually. Just trying to not read posts now cause some guy just unearthed and minefield of arguments.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Some dude just exploded into a cloud of lucky charms cause he bumped into Kefka.

Yeah I'm noticing that actually. Just trying to not read posts now cause some guy just unearthed and minefield of arguments.

Hisoka is the greatest clown to ever live.

Its amazing we are still having the Gon talk when it was pretty clear what happened in the show, I mean you can still not like it but it wasn't inconsistent with what we have seen Nen do so far in this series.

Hisoka is the greatest clown to ever live.
So how much of the hunter exam got turned into the Chuunin exam? Lol at Killua skateboarding through half a marathon. Is Sasuke Kurapika? Last of a clan, special eye stuff. This man eating tortoise with strawberries on its back, I'm dead.

So how much of the hunter exam got turned into the Chuunin exam? Lol at Killua skateboarding through half a marathon. Is Sasuke Kurapika? Last of a clan, special eye stuff. This man eating tortoise with strawberries on its back, I'm dead.

What you should be asking is how much of the Chuunin exam is from HxH

Lulubop

You know HxH did this first, right?

Daingurse

Hubter x Hunter definitely inspired Naruto in many ways, like you listed. I got into Naruto first, and upon eventually reading Hunter x Hunter the similarities could not be more apparent. I could not believe how much Sasuke took from Kurapika. Both of their clans were slaughterd, both are avengers, and they both have fucking "special"eyes lol! The Chunin Exam is pretty similar to the Hunter Exam, albeit I would give the edge to Naruto there. That series arguably peaked with that arc, hahaha.

Togashi and Toriyama have inspired many shonen mangaka. Hell, the similarities between Hunter x Hunter and Toriko are also very large. Gourmet Hunters? Hunter x Hunter did that shit first. Even has a similar narration style, which I like. They both share the "giant outer world" thing as well.

On ep 7 and I'm loving the Killua and Gon broship.
Ep 8: "I'll be the first to climb down this tower!" Dude proceeds to get eaten by some demons that wandered out of Midland.
Ep 9:This motherfucker Gon just cheated the cheat lol I'm loving this shit.

Fucking Kurapika just Saitama punched this blue dude, damn.
Unlike togashi kishomoto knows how to handle key characters well though. Killua deserved a better writer.
HAHA-NO-GIF.gif

Daingurse

Unlike togashi kishomoto knows how to handle key characters well though. Killua deserved a better writer.

My eyes just rolled into the back of my damn head, lol. Killua was practically the second main protagonist, and one of the most sympathetic characters in the series. How was he not handled well? What did you need from Killua? Hope I don't regret asking this lol.

My eyes just rolled into the back of my damn head, lol. Killua was practically the second main protagonist, and one of the most sympathetic characters in the series. How was he not handled well? What did you need from Killua? Hope I don't regret asking this lol.
You just asked DTL a legit question, of course you're going to regret it. Killua is a fucking bro. I'm about to start ep 11 and I love the dude.

Leorio wouldn't last in the JJBA Stardust Crusader world. Dude would've lost to D'arby the Gambler in like a minute. YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH FUCKING KILLUA! HOLY SHIT!! Dude ended two minutes of trash talk with a six second fight.

His constant and consistent mishandling of Killua at often very key moments, see this post. Kishimoto would have handled it differently
certainly wouldnt have done the most offensive thing and making Killua flee
. Additionally we would have seen Killua actually challenge the major antagonist of the arc along with Gon and deliver a team based take down
not some random lucky power up for Gon that happened illogically and without reason.
. Killua is proven very strong at the beginning of the series and reconfirmed extremely strong at Heaven's Arena and beyond so Togashi needs to remember how strong Killua truly is.

Daingurse

Gon and Killua are so cute together. They have such a good friendship so far, way fucking better than Naruto and Sasuke.

One of the best bromances ever. Their relationship is one the best things in the series. Seeing their friendship grow was awesome.

His constant and consistent mishandling of Killua at often very key moments, see this post. Kishimoto would have handled it differently
certainly wouldnt have done the most offensive thing and making Killua flee
. Additionally we would have seen Killua actually challenge the major antagonist of the arc along with Gon and deliver a team based take down
not some random lucky power up for Gon that happened illogically and without reason.
. Killua is proven very strong at the beginning of the series and reconfirmed extremely strong at Heaven's Arena and beyond so Togashi needs to remember how strong Killua truly is.

Ok, you just wanted Killua to be top tier in strength it sounds like. He has that kind of potential for sure, but he's not there yet. Killua is extremely impressive to me in terms of ability, especially when you take into account his age. I don't think he was robbed of anything.
Youpi is a damn monster, and he couldn't even react to Killua. At all. That's very impressive, but I'm not surprised he couldn't hurt Youpi. Durability was pretty much his thing. Not even going to touch on the Gon stuff, because that shit worked perfectly for me. Neferpitou was his personal revenge, and him not allowing Killua to help further reinforced how much Gon had gone off the deep end. That's why his ass owed Killua an apology when everything was said and done later on. Shit was beautiful.

mr2xxx

Banned
Started watching the show at a steady clip, but I've been stuck at this
Queen Ant
arc. I've tried watching it, but I quit within minutes of each episode. Can I skip it or is it worthwhile?

Daingurse

Queen Ant
arc. I've tried watching it, but I quit within minutes of each episode. Can I skip it or is it worthwhile?

It's my favorite shonen arc of all time, in both anime and manga, so I would say no don't skip lol. I really can't relate to people not feeling that arc, but you are not alone whatsoever. Seems to be a hate it or love it kinda arc. But the highs are so damn high, that there's stuff in there I can't imagine you not enjoying.

One of the best bromances ever. Their relationship is one the best things in the series. Seeing their friendship grow was awesome.
Wait so their friendship gets even better than this? Ooh boy, they're just so light hearted with each other. They really don't even feel like rivals the way Vegeta/Goku/Naruto/Sasuke do. Dude's just want to have fun, I do get a kick out of seeing Gon want to try out Killua's skateboard and vice versa with Gon's fishing pole. In their down time they're just kids being actual kids...fucking pillow fights lol. I just can not see Nardo and The Sauce being like this.
Just wait till Togashi does a better villain group than Kishimoto.
I can't wait to see the actual villains.

Heroman

Banned
Queen Ant

How would you skip , it the longest / most imporant arc in the show and also sets up the next arc.

Ray Down

Banned
Wait so their friendship gets even better than this? Ooh boy, they're just so light hearted with each other. They really don't even feel like rivals the way Vegeta/Goku/Naruto/Sasuke do. Dude's just want to have fun, I do get a kick out of seeing Gon want to try out Killua's skateboard and vice versa with Gon's fishing pole. In their down time they're just kids being actual kids...fucking pillow fights lol. I just can not see Nardo and The Sauce being like this.

I can't wait to see the actual villains.

Very much so.

Who's your favorite so far?

Very much so.

Who's your favorite so far?
I actually like the entire cast so far, but Kurapika and Killua are my favorites. Gon is like the anti Yusuke Urameshi, I wasn't expecting to like him at all, maybe it's because the dub actor is doing a good job with him, but I know I'm going to have to go subbed real soon though. Leorio is like the Kuwabara with a degree. You can kind of see their YYH counterparts in the character, but at the same time they're completely different people. You'd never catch Hiei acting like that much of a kid the way Killua does.

zero_suit

I actually like the entire cast so far, but Kurapika and Killua are my favorites. Gon is like the anti Yusuke Urameshi, I wasn't expecting to like him at all, maybe it's because the dub actor is doing a good job with him, but I know I'm going to have to go subbed real soon though. Leorio is like the Kuwabara with a degree. You can kind of see their YYH counterparts in the character, but at the same time they're completely different people. You'd never catch Hiei acting like that much of a kid the way Killua does.

There is someone else much more like Hiei than Killua.

mr2xxx

Banned
How would you skip , it the longest / most imporant arc in the show and also sets up the next arc.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking!

It's my favorite shonen arc of all time, in both anime and manga, so I would say no don't skip lol. I really can't relate to people not feeling that arc, but you are not alone whatsoever. Seems to be a hate it or love it kinda arc. But the highs are so damn high, that there's stuff in there I can't imagine you not enjoying.

This show already has terrible art direction, adding some horrible insectiod characters that just seem like cannon fodder isn't inspiring confidence right now.
It's worthwhile. Watch it.

But I'll continue to watch it in hopes it gets better. But it's a struggle right now.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking!

This show already has terrible art direction, adding some horrible insectiod characters that just seem like cannon fodder isn't inspiring confidence right now.

But I'll continue to watch it in hopes it gets better. But it's a struggle right now.

What episode are you on?

Top Bottom