• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

zero_suit

Haha get rekt'd!

He did, but he's not a mid-boss like Zabuza or Hidan or any of those types. He's a villain who sometimes works with the protagonists and sometimes works against them. Hisoka is no slouch.

Oh, of course he's no slouch.
I still chuckle thinking about the time he tried to challenge Netero.

I want to buy the Hisoka statue of this pose with the light in the crotch... But then I have to explain it to everyone who isn't familiar with the anime lol.

"Well its this statue of killer clown who is always lusting for a good fight and this statue is when he got one against a little boy..."
Lol, I'd get that for my office desk.
I hate every single one of you for letting this thread stay active.
A good anime is relevant even if it's been over for 5 years...

It's more that glimmer of hope every time the thread appears followed by the crushing disappointment of no new news.
It must be worse than liking Berserk...
I'm on the ep where Killua is with Gon at Mito's house. This bromance is too cute. You'd never see Sasuke and Naruto bathing together and happily eating food that isn't in some sort of competitive fashion. That's one of my many main gripes with Nardo and Sauce. I just couldn't believe their friendship. Gon and fucking Killua are legit bros.

woopWOOP

It's more that glimmer of hope every time the thread appears followed by the crushing disappointment of no new news.
Ha, I know that feeling. But Togashi seems to be in the rhythm for 1.5+- year hiatus', so I'm not on the lookout for thread bumps until 2018 or so

In the meantime I can enjoy reading the reactions of first time viewers :D

It must be worse than liking Berserk...
I'm on the ep where Killua is with Gon at Mito's house. This bromance is too cute. You'd never see Sasuke and Naruto bathing together and happily eating food that isn't in some sort of competitive fashion. That's one of my many main gripes with Nardo and Sauce. I just couldn't believe their friendship. Gon and fucking Killua are legit bros.

You about to start the Yorknew Arc. Have fun.

Without a doubt my favorite arc. I think I hated it when I first saw it on TV (when I was really young). Rewatching it when I was older made me love it. I think the original adaptation is still much better.

Corpekata

Banned
As someone not too familiar with the show, i saw that the first few pages are full of negativity about changes and whatnot.

Did the perception turn around or does the "watch the original" recommendation still hold true? Watched the first episode and it wasn't great, but curious if it rebounds without having to dig around and dodge spoilers.

As someone not too familiar with the show, i saw that the first few pages are full of negativity about changes and whatnot.

Did the perception turn around or does the "watch the original" recommendation still hold true? Watched the first episode and it wasn't great, but curious if it rebounds without having to dig around and dodge spoilers.

It's a great anime, but it starts slow. Most people who watch it like it.

Permanently A

Madhouse did a great job. I prefer the 2011 version to the original and I think most people would agree.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I like the more somber and serious tone of the original anime and it does certain things better like introducing Kite early for example.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
From episode 126, which I am watching now.

ixtW4Wn.png

'-'

Jigolo

Zero x And x Rose is indeed one of the best episodes in television history

Enjoy it, because I wish I could watch it for the first time ever again

Kieli

SSS Tier:
- Post-rose Mereum (I maintain that even this form of Mereum cannot face the calamities and other even more powerful entities in DC, given what we've seen of Alluka as the gaseous life form Ai).

SS
Netero (weaker than pre-rose Mereum, undoubtedly, but I don't think anyone in the lower tiers can take on Netero), Pre-rose Mereum, Ging (& other top 4 nen users), Gon-san

S
Neferpitou, Menthuthuyoupi, Shaiapouf, Chrollo (not in terms of raw power, but in terms of Hatsu, intellect, and combat prowess)

A
Kite, Razor, Phantom Troupe (especially Feitan, Phinks, Nobunaga), Morel, Knov (he's cowardly, but still powerful)

B
Shoot, Knuckle, Palm, Captain-level Chimera Ants, Killua (given a bit more proficiency in Godspeed, then he'll shoot right into A tier; his Hatsu will be monstrous in his prime)

C
Gon (bottomless potential, but he started later than Killua and will face the issue of regaining his nen when and once he makes the trek to DC; the catalyst will probably be something happening to his dad in DC), Genthru (I think Gon post-invasion can take on Genthru no problem)

On the argument about the old series vs the new I will say one thing that was absolutely definitely better in the old series was Hisoka's voice acting, I mean the new one is good once you get use to is, but the old one fit perfectly like a glove.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jesus christ Togashi what kind of voodoo bullshit have you come up with? D:

Edit: Hisoka's reaction to Illumi's explanation pretty much sums it up.

"Oh, this is a problem..."

IIRC I thought Gon and Killua asked Wing about the hidden exam (Nen) and how the others are doing. He mentioned that they knew Leorio was busy finishing his studies.
He was in medical school or something. He couldn't practice his Nen on the side? It's like everybody read the script but Leorio.

Top Bottom