• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I don't know, that's why I'm asking!

This show already has terrible art direction, adding some horrible insectiod characters that just seem like cannon fodder isn't inspiring confidence right now.

But I'll continue to watch it in hopes it gets better. But it's a struggle right now.

WUT!?

mr2xxx

Banned

It does, i know you guys love this show but its ugly. Its one of the reasons i've avoided the show. The main characters look so generic it hurts. The
Phanton troupe
guys looked solid but between the main characters and these insects, i don't know wat to say.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'll be honest I kind of hated HxH when I was first watching it. I think I even posted in this thread a long time ago after watching up to... I think it was the end of the Tower of Heaven arc. I just couldn't get into it but I wasn't as familiar with the manga then and had not seen the original anime. The art style can definitely be a bit of a turn off at first if you aren't into the Shonen style of character design and even Togashi has some... interesting looking characters that don't always seem to mesh well with each other.

However at some point, I think it was when
Gon finally punched Hisoka at Heaven's Arena
that the show really started clicking for me. I also loved the Chimera Ant arc despite having some honest complaints about it. The overall arcs of all the characters was great.

I think it took me about 7 eps to get into this. I don't hate the art style, I just think it's a weird step back from what Togashi used on YYH, cause everybody had realistic looking proportions and what not. I got used to it fast, but it is something that kept me from watching this for years.

However at some point, I think it was when
Gon finally punched Hisoka at Heaven's Arena
that the show really started clicking for me. I also loved the Chimera Ant arc despite having some honest complaints about it. The overall arcs of all the characters was great.

That's when I knew this show was special.
Gon just needed to land a punch to show how stronger he became. He had no hope of beating Hisoka, but landing that blow was great.

Episode 79

You're in the Chimera Ant prologue. Keep going

HStallion

That's when I knew this show was special.
Gon just needed to land a punch to show how stronger he became. He had no hope of beating Hisoka, but landing that blow was great.

The whole fight is incredibly well done. That first exchange of blows where there is no music or sound or anything and its just Gon going all in with everything he's got and Hisoka is batting it away like it was an annoying mosquito was so incredibly well done

The whole fight is incredibly well done. That first exchange of blows where there is no music or sound or anything and its just Gon going all in with everything he's got and Hisoka is batting it away like it was an annoying mosquito was so incredibly well done

It's one of the best fights in the series because they just let it be a fight. No moving music to accompany it. The crowd is silent. It puts all of the focus on the exchange of blows between Gon and Hisoka. I love it. And it certainly helps that it's animated extremely well. And the end of the first part has the best lead-in into the credits.

HStallion

Did Panzu inspire The Pain from Snake Eater?

The earliest anime baddie who could control bee's was in Ninja Scroll. Old dude with a hump that was actually a hive where his bee's lived but there are probably even earlier examples I haven't seen or its based on a bit of Japanese folk lore.

The earliest anime baddie who could control bee's was in Ninja Scroll. Old dude with a hump that was actually a hive where his bee's lived but there are probably even earlier examples I haven't seen or its based on a bit of Japanese folk lore.
It's been awhile since I've seen Ninja Scroll. I could see Kojima lifting something from that.

Dr.Hadji

Finally got my posting powers back.

Started watching the series a few months back on Netflix (and was forced to finish it elsewhere ). Loved it. Thanks to the election, started visiting the off topic section after years on the site and stumbled across this thread. I usually choose not to engage in anime and manga discussions because I already lose my mind trying to navigate is discourse on the gaming side. But I perused the thread and it's mostly on the positive side and extolling the virtues of a work you like is one of the most natural means of expression there is. So, Yo.

I gotta say, I'm surprised at the amount of people who rank this series so highly yet hate the Chimera arc. The Chimera arc is to HxH as the Kyoto arc is to Kenshin. Before those arcs, you have a nice collection of happenstances and neat characters. No one defining moment to point to. But those two arcs ,respectively, took the characters, dangling plot hooks, story trajectory, and word dynamics and had them meet head on to deliver an emotional gut punch only long-running serial works can do.

HStallion

Then why did Illumi try to fuck up Killua's bromance?

That's what big brothers do. They are basically the anime Adams Family so doing murderous and morbid shit is like a Wednesday afternoon for them. I'm still waiting to see Silva do the tango with his wife while grasping a rose by the stem with his mouth.

That's what big brothers do. They are basically the anime Adams Family so doing murderous and morbid shit is like a Wednesday afternoon for them. I'm still waiting to see Silva do the tango with his wife while grasping a rose by the stem with his mouth.
I still need to see the rest of them. Where I'm at now Gon and crew are heading to Kukura Island or whatever it's called.

That is the best description of them.

Oh my fucking god!! These two fucking idiots tried to break into Killua's house and fucking dinosaur ate them and dropped off their bones at the front door. Lol. Killua's mom has a very odd sense of fashion. Zeno has so much cool old man swag. Lol Killua just let his fat ass brother whip him. Just broke out of the chains and walked away. Why does Killua's dad look like Seijuro Hiko?

So Zushi has finally led to the introduction of this Nen thing I've been hearing about on random Gaf threads. Killua was just judo chopping people in the Heavens Arena. Killua seems a bit jealous of how strong Gon is...at least in relation to how strong Killua was as a six year old.

What episode are you on now? Why do you think Hisoka is a mid level boss at best?
I think it's just how shounen anime's operate. Hisoka was revealed far too early to be the final boss. He's strong though. I'm on the Hisoka vs Kastro fight. Kastro tried to beat Hisoka by using a Stand, didn't work though.

Hisoka intensifies.
tumblr_nlfolnEElP1sqi9jto3_540.gif

That fight is so good
Hisoka is currently practically orgasming while fighting Gon, shit's hilarious. Funny enough this is kind of an inversion...at least aesthetically of the Yusuke vs Toguro fight. Little kid vs skinny dude instead of teenager vs giant rock of a man.

HStallion

Hisoka intensifies.
tumblr_nlfolnEElP1sqi9jto3_540.gif

I want to buy the Hisoka statue of this pose with the light in the crotch... But then I have to explain it to everyone who isn't familiar with the anime lol.

"Well its this statue of killer clown who is always lusting for a good fight and this statue is when he got one against a little boy..."

Top Bottom