• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New? Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Screens

olimario

Banned
pcgames1011za08.jpg
pcgames1011za01.jpg
pcgames1011za02.jpg
pcgames1011za03.jpg
pcgames1011za04.jpg
pcgames1011za05.jpg
pcgames1011za06.jpg
pcgames1011za07.jpg

:)

Deku Tree

In the last pic, who is the guy standing next to link? And who is the guy shooting a magic ball at the master sword?

jarrod

Banned
This looks amazing... next I want Capcom Studio 1 to do a GBA Link's Awakening using the same engine. Maybe Oracle of Ages & Seasons too. :)

Code_Link

Screenboy said:
I wonder if (last pic):

Ganons head's underneath that sword ;)

-SB

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Why else would they be guarding the sword? And why else would it be in such a public place?

Interesting...

Socreges

Banned
Looks fantastic.

Between Minish Cap, Wario Ware 2, and Fire Emblem 8, the GBA will have a nice send-off.

I just pray that each of them make it to North America.

Rahul

pcgames1011za01.jpg

Princess Zelda gives you a small shield! You're hanging out with a princess at a fair!

Minish Cap totally rips off Chrono Trigger! GO CAPCOM

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hmm...from the previous pics, I recall this game having much more vibrant colors and less apparent tiles. Maybe it's just these pics...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The pics look much nicer in their proper size, which is really easy to check using a certain Firefox extension :D

Dan

Society said:
Anyway to make it stay? Goes back when I refresh:(
Unfortunately, not that I'm aware of.

It's better than nothing though.

LakeEarth

A game I want very very very much. Hopefully it won't dissapoint as the new 2D Metroids have been doing to me (and I don't know why).

Socreges

Banned
Badabing said:
Ah, come on. Nintendo should give Zelda a rest for a while.
I struggle to think of many revered franchises that get "a rest". Especially ones that continue to be excellent and fresh.

In this case, Zelda has been outsourced. It may be more familiar than Nintendo would make it, but that doesn't mean the game will be the least bit tired. Look more towards Capcom's intrinsic franchises for concepts that desperately need a "rest" or shake up. To be fair, Capcom is beginning to do that with some respects.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
belgurdo said:
Or change the forumla a bit (ZELDA 2099 LOL)

Dude, I'm serious, give me a "Contra-type" Zelda game anyday over these LTTP ones.

My sword and shield shall comfort me as I battle through Hyrule with a partner just as I did in Contra Shattered Soldier.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Socreges said:
I struggle to think of many revered franchises that get "a rest". Especially ones that continue to be excellent and fresh.

In this case, Zelda has been outsourced. It may be more familiar than Nintendo would make it, but that doesn't mean the game will be the least bit tired. Look more towards Capcom's intrinsic franchises for concepts that desperately need a "rest" or shake up. To be fair, Capcom is beginning to do that with some respects.

Don't worry, I'm not just blaming Nintendo, there are more offenders out there who are just as bad. But it kills me to see one of my favorite franchises get rehashed over and over, to the point where I no longer like it.

If they want to rehash it, they should do it right. Wind Waker was fun and had a lot of potential, but it wasn't as epic as LTTP or Ocarina of Time. Neither was Four Swords

Socreges

Banned
Badabing said:
Don't worry, I'm not just blaming Nintendo. But it kills me to see one of my favorite franchises get rehashed over and over, to the point where I no longer like it.

If they want to rehash it, they should do it right. Four Swords was fun, but it wasn't as epic as LTTP or Ocarina of Time.

Damn, I love those two games.
I guess I don't really see a problem for you here. There's no difference between you either bypassing TMC or it not existing altogether. You've got dozens of people here drooling over the game and you're suggesting that it shouldn't exist because it's been done before and you're not interested. If they could have taken an alternate direction, then I'd understand. But this is the only form that it could exist in, from Flagship (sic?).

I kinda have to agree that maybe it's time to give Zelda a bit of a rest after MC and the new GC one of course. Work on some new stuff.

I think the fans have to be blamed a bit for it though. As soon as new Nintendo hardware shows up (handheld or console) everyone cries up demanding new Mario, new Zelda (and now) new Metroid. I wouldn't want Nintendo to just fall into the pattern of updating its franchises for each new hardware, but on the other hand I'm not sure I could do without more Zelda, but then again it worked for Metroid to find a new home, but then I don't know if I'd trust a main Zelda not from EAD.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Well...in my opinion, it would almost be better if they delayed this game and re-adapted it for NDS making use of its features. I fear that if they release this game for GBA, a new "real" Zelda won't be around for a long time. Took quite a while for a Zelda game to appear on GBA after all, and that was only a remake.

NDS is just around the corner anyway...strange how this is similar to the Oracle of Seasons/Ages situation back when GBA had just been launched.

Teddman

Badabing said:
Don't worry, I'm not just blaming Nintendo, there are more offenders out there who are just as bad. But it kills me to see one of my favorite franchises get rehashed over and over, to the point where I no longer like it.

If they want to rehash it, they should do it right. Wind Waker was fun and had a lot of potential, but it wasn't as epic as LTTP or Ocarina of Time. Neither was Four Swords
I agree with you to a certain extent. Minish Cap is obviously a very high-quality game in terms of production value, but it is outsourced and I couldn't help feeling a little "been there, done that" when playing it at E3. The whole size motif felt very much like the dark/light young/old ages/seasons phase-switching thing which has been done a lot already in the series, and the dungeons featured some of the routine burn the vines & candles, shoot the arrow in the eye puzzles we've all become familar with. I didn't particularly care for the way the new kinstone combining thing was featured in the demo either, it seemed like a chore.

It looks like a beautifully executed game but somewhat stale. I share your desire to see Nintendo do something really new with the series, or put more efforts to work on something fresh instead of Zelda for awhile.

Socreges

Banned
Die Squirrel Die said:
I kinda have to agree that maybe it's time to give Zelda a bit of a rest after MC and the new GC one of course. Work on some new stuff.
That I agree with. Though if the GC Zelda is significantly improved over the base design of OoT/MM/WW, I'll naturally want more.

I think the fans have to be blamed a bit for it though. As soon as new Nintendo hardware shows up (handheld or console) everyone cries up demanding new Mario, new Zelda (and now) new Metroid. I wouldn't want Nintendo to just fall into the pattern of updating its franchises for each new hardware, but on the other hand I'm not sure I could do without more Zelda, but then again it worked for Metroid to find a new home, but then I don't know if I'd trust a main Zelda not from EAD.
Blech. I would have rather a 3D-capable R&D1 handle a home console Metroid. A new "home" wasn't necessary.

Kiriku said:
Well...in my opinion, it would almost be better if they delayed this game and re-adapted it for NDS making use of its features. I fear that if they release this game for GBA, a new "real" Zelda won't be around for a long time. Took quite a while for a Zelda game to appear on GBA after all, and that was only a remake.

NDS is just around the corner anyway...strange how this is similar to the Oracle of Seasons/Ages situation back when GBA had just been launched.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no this is exactly what I'm talking about, new hardware, people going okay where's our Zelda/Mario/Metroid/Pokemon.

We need another Pikmin, not as in Pikmin3 but a brand new game not using any established Nintendo characters or universes, and we need to happen sooner rather than later. I wonder if Nintendo even have character designers anymore given that they seem to have no need for them.

AssMan

Banned
It looks like a beautifully executed game but somewhat stale. I share your desire to see Nintendo do something really new with the series, or put more efforts to work on something fresh instead of Zelda for awhile

How can Nintendo change the series? I mean, really......I can't think of one thing that would change the series and not make it stale anymore. Add a leveling up system for Link? I don't think so. The only thing I want to see EAD do is create NEW and INNOVATING puzzles/environmental puzzles/fighting enemies and bosses using puzzles, that will blow our socks off.

BTW, What Flagship are doing is good enough for the series. At least the gameplay is different than the other Zelda games.

Well, the game looks improved from when I last saw it. And they have finally added some color and interestinv visuals to the mix. My anticipation for this game have finally increased.

Teddman

AssMan said:
How can Nintendo change the series? I mean, really......I can't think of one thing that would change the series and not make it stale anymore. Add a leveling up system for Link? I don't think so. The only thing I want to see EAD do is create NEW and INNOVATING puzzles/environmental puzzles/fighting enemies and bosses using puzzles, that will blow our socks off.
Majora's Mask is one exampel of something fresh Nintendo did with the series. I hope you get the new and innovating puzzles you are looking for in Minish Cap. There was one promising puzzle that took place in a giant log that Link rolled around inside to get to different "doors" that had a nice use of mode 7-type effects.

Does Link in the Minish Cap have all the extra abilities that were added to the Four Swords game? Like rolling attacks, and the jump/downward stab?

Dan

skinnyrattler said:
How do you get it to the actual GBA zoom?
Guess I missed this a while ago, but anyway...

These shots are pretty much twice resolution, so the default should be to just zoom out once. You can also right click and go to custom dimensions and enter 240x160 if you want.

Top Bottom