• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Little King's Story |OT| My little king can't possibly be this cute

no prob (except for having to update content manager :/

Thank you for the screens, impression and trophy list ijed. I got home late last night after work and didn't have the time to update the OT x_x I was thinking of doing a trophy list in text only, with a spoiler tag. Hm, can't get the spoiler tag to work with the list code. Let me know if it's ok to just have it without the spoiler, if not I'll remove the list. Gonna finally get some uninterrupted play today on my lunch break >:)

Mzo

Played this for about 3 hours last night, really enjoying it so far.

Does the rear touchpad activate anything other than making a little blue circle?

Just ordered the phsyical Asian version from Play-Asia so I'll be sure to confirm it's inclusion of English for anyone waiting to make sure before ordering. Should arrive early next week depending when they ship it.

So, anyone know how I can get treasure chests out of the trees?

Also discovered something cool today: if you press left on the directional buttons you can increase the camera to get closer to the ground which helps to minimize the slow down. Also on the map screen if you press start button you fast travel back to the castle.

GJS

So, anyone know how I can get treasure chests out of the trees?

Also discovered something cool today: if you press left on the directional buttons you can increase the camera to get closer to the ground which helps to minimize the slow down. Also on the map screen if you press start button you fast travel back to the castle.

Damn, so much time wasted.

Kids can climb trees to get treasure chests.

Shinta

Banned
Just played up to cow bones. This game is a must buy for Vita. It's much better than I expected.

As others have said, the only real downside is that it's so similar to the Wii game, so if you played that you might be underwhelmed.

Damn, so much time wasted.

Holy balls. I wish I knew about that fast travel. I'm up to the second main boss or so, trying to save up for the merchants spot in the farm area but it's like 20 million damn bol.

Also, do you guys want to start writing some impressions so I can put them into the OT? :)

Mzo

Nice, good tip. I had no clue.

Just played up to cow bones. This game is a must buy for Vita. It's much better than I expected.

As others have said, the only real downside is that it's so similar to the Wii game, so if you played that you might be underwhelmed.
Yeah, I'm a couple of quests ahead and totally in love with this game. Feel like a total asshole for never buying the Wii one, for some reason I always thought it was on WiiWare, and I avoid that trash like the plague.

Christian

I'm stuck! I'm supposed to go to the Cherry Blossom Forest, but the only path I take takes me to the Sunflower Plains and then, by bridge, into some melon region. :(

I'm stuck! I'm supposed to go to the Cherry Blossom Forest, but the only path I take takes me to the Sunflower Plains and then, by bridge, into some melon region. :(

Keep heading north passed the melon fields, bring some woodsmen to chop down the obstacles, then head east.

Different Story (there's been no story with Skinny Ray - he just hangs around town like a creepy old man and you play table tennis with him)
Some bosses have been changed - all the submonsters have been the same so far
Some different enemies (but most are reskins of old enemy types)
Hospital - Instead of your guys *maybe* washing up on the shore when they KO they show up in the hospital - can pay to instantly fix them or wait a few days (3?) and they'll be fine
Lots more costumes and gear for your peeps
Alchemy - crafting items
healing items you can use on the battlefield
Corobo now can do a decent attack and also levels up this attack - also gets outfits
princesses join your royal guard and have support skills they can use (which I haven't figured out how to use)
animals and monsters you can tame that will come fight alongside you (haven't figured this out yet)
special arena events with leaderboards
some extra slowdown than wii version - especailly in town
same camera locking in annoying spots (like the oni tunnel :/)
New charater Azul who is your advisor instead of Howser (who's still in it anyway)

will add more if I can think of any

This is good to know. I like these additions. How's the difficulty? Are some of those bosses still as hard as they were in the Wii version?

Nice, good tip. I had no clue.

Yeah, I'm a couple of quests ahead and totally in love with this game. Feel like a total asshole for never buying the Wii one, for some reason I always thought it was on WiiWare, and I avoid that trash like the plague.

you probably mixed it up with the somewhat similar in concept final fantasy wiiware game.

ijed

How's the difficulty? Are some of those bosses still as hard as they were in the Wii version?
Ive found it a bit easier than the wii version. a few of the harder bosses have been changed also and there's also no limit on arrows for rangers (used to get 30 for each plus any you found along the way) so you can take out most things with range. am up to getting the crystals at the mo (which replace the animals subquests iirc) - forgot
about some of these bosses - and the dragons can still go eat a dick with their tail flick move grr

Shinta

Banned
Did the Wii version always have direct attacks for the king? I don't remember that part, but I barely played that version.

SkyOdin

Did the Wii version always have direct attacks for the king? I don't remember that part, but I barely played that version.

Yes, Corobo had an attack in the Wii version. It isn't really used for any practical purpose, and can be safely ignored.

Stuck on the tiki mask mini boss. I guess I'm using too much melee? I need to stack up on archers @_@ His pattern is predictable, I was just being stubborn. Also, I just got an error code that crashed my game to the os. Was kind of random too. Sigh, I just did some grinding for bol too.

yep. perfect portable gaming, & it looks & sounds fantastic. very glad i checked it out...

ijed

Finished it last night with Verde. man the ending's a bit flat compared to the original. still need to do the blue dragon and couple of side quests and get the rest of the trophies. Still a great game but unless a patch comes out i prob wont bother with another full playthrough on hell mode

Asian version arrived from Play-Asia. I can confirm it is indeed in English so if you want a physical copy there you go. I think I recall someone asking about trophies and if they were in English, I can also confirm that to be the case. Not bad for only about $5 more than the digital version...plus shipping of course.

randomkid

Asian version arrived from Play-Asia. I can confirm it is indeed in English so if you want a physical copy there you go. I think I recall someone asking about trophies and if they were in English, I can also confirm that to be the case. Not bad for only about $5 more than the digital version...plus shipping of course.

Cool, does it come with a manual by any chance?

After enjoying the game for a while (haven't finished it) I decided to look up the original game and see how it compared.

The original one had much better production values, but just like every japanese game, WTF at that ending. Such a wasted opportunity. I hope this one has a better one.

Cow cannon maybe - She got replaced by a younger princess with a better metabolism :(

What? I know that. You remember how the first game ended, right? You could choose one girl to be your wife.
Your chosen bride then gets eaten.
Spumoni is missing in this game, therefore she was canonically Corobo's chosen bride in the first game.

Osietra

Banned
-the maps aren't very helpful at all

-the game doesn't explain stuff that well.

-the slowdown is getting on my tits.

Apart from that its a lovely game

-the maps aren't very helpful at all

-the game doesn't explain stuff that well.

-the slowdown is getting on my tits.

Apart from that its a lovely game

Yep, I agree with all your points. Sometimes I think, is this game really worth $40? Then I realize I've been playing for 4 hours straight of pure fun.

Elios83

So guys, is this worth it?
Is the story entertaining/funny enough? I'd like to play it but it's a bit on the pricey side considering I've other games to buy like Dishonored.

First DLC reigns in New Little King’s Story

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH today outlined its DLC plans for its New Little King’s Story title for PlayStation®Vita.

Following the game’s release on September 27th, users are delighting in the epic quest of King Corobo as he begins his incredible journey to win back his kingdom from the Devil King known as ‘The Nightmare’. During the course of the game, players use the unique touch-screen elements of the PlayStation®Vita to guide Corobo across seven different areas as they battle against evil dark lords that have captured the royal princesses. As King, users must lead their Royal Guard in every grand battle, and plan attacks wisely as they grow their populations and broaden their territories. The publisher has also added new online elements, including co-op play and leaderboard systems.

KONAMI is committed to releasing regular weekly DLC for the PlayStation®Vita title, and will release the next ones on October 10th. One will take the form of sports-themed costumes for the main characters, and will be joined by other fun and useful DLC items.

Cross posting from the Vita thread, DLC is hitting the game today ... wait, the presser says tomorrow. W/e, I'll update if it's posted on the store today. I'm a bit upset that they aren't addressing the slowdown issues but oh well. They're not bad enough to make me stop playing, I absolutely love the game. I did a bit of grinding last night and got some better gear for my soldiers, then I played a bit more intelligently against the Tiki boss and beat him :) Can't wait to advance more tonight.

GJS

Thanks...one more thing - Does it take super long to heal in the hospital or am I missing something? Some dialog I'm not having or something

Takes a few day/night cycles, you might have to actually rest in the bed. Otherwise you can enter the hospital and pay to immediately heal them.

ijed

This or Wii version?

Wii - better story, charming as hell
vita - better controls, portability, extra content, better graphics

Do I need to worry about alchemy if I'm not using on-line stuff at all?

there's some stuff you can only get through alchemy but none of it's really important. seems like doing the arena quests nets you better mats.

also read the manual - select to use princesses powers #mindblown

btw: my playthrough was about 30hrs doing all subquests except for the encyclopedias which will prob take another 10. i think that's pretty good value

there's some stuff you can only get through alchemy but none of it's really important. seems like doing the arena quests nets you better mats.

Ah, good to hear. I was kind of confused by the alchemy stuff.

Vita version is also easier, but has less character. Wii version has some really hard but memorable bosses. Also I don't know about the Vita version but the Wii soundtrack was nearly 100% arrangements of well-known classical music.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

btw: my playthrough was about 30hrs doing all subquests except for the encyclopedias which will prob take another 10. i think that's pretty good value

wtf i thought this was auto! i was wondering what those goddamn freeloaders were doing just tagging along!

Top Bottom