• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

4Scarr

Banned
Looking to import one of these to the usa. What's the best and cheapest place?
Also can I use my North American nnid on this? Anyone in North America imported one that can shed some light?

xxczx

Looking to import one of these to the usa. What's the best and cheapest place?
Also can I use my North American nnid on this? Anyone in North America imported one that can shed some light?
AUS 3DS is just for Euroland only. Please keep your American hands off- Only kidding!

Though it's only Europe region, you can't use your American NNID on it, it won't work. If you really want to go ahead and buy it, Play-Asia would probably be your best bet for USA.

urfe

I can't get the screws off mine? The screws are turning, but they're clicking after turning so much.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Hasney

I can't get the screws off mine? The screws are turning, but they're clicking after turning so much.

Did anyone else have this problem?

They don't come off, just loosen. Then use the end of the stylus to pry up the back corners where they're indented.

MrKeinov

I just received my coverplates and really happy with my selection.
-Smash one is the one I think I'll use the most. It feels great and looks amazing in different lightings. Besides, I won't be afraid of damaging it that much. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xky5rso3i1n9fm/2014-12-17 12.09.46.mp4?dl=0
-Boo ones matte finish is cool but I think it might wear off with extensive usage(Like DSi's matte finish), phosphorescence is the reason why i bought it. :D https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7swlrx4cbbxubk/2014-12-17 12.15.40.mp4?dl=0
-Wood one feels great, looks great, smells like wood preservation chemical but mines a little stiff to put on and off and I felt uneasy as if I'm damaging the 3ds. I have to get over that asap. https://www.dropbox.com/s/drokn0s04rnv95d/2014-12-17 12.18.00.mp4?dl=0

Sorry for shitty mic noise. Just grabbed them with my phone.

urfe

Local connection failed, system transfer error.

Going to buy an extra cheap charger at a dollar shop, and try again tonight. Perhaps I won't transfer everything and do the rest with a computer.

Fitz

I'm thinking of buying a New 3DS (from 365), don't already own a 3DS though, meaning no charger either. Just looking for a little clarification before I buy anything, any 3DS charger, such as this, will work with it?

365games just got cover plates in stock and charging stands
I checked at their stock and I'm glad I ordered the ORAS faceplates from PlayAsia as they don't seem to have them on 365. If they did, I would've been really pissed as I ordered the faceplates ages ago and they still haven't arrived. :(

I checked at their stock and I'm glad I ordered the ORAS faceplates from PlayAsia as they don't seem to have them on 365. If they did, I would've been really pissed as I ordered the faceplates ages ago and they still haven't arrived. :(

i'm surprised at the lack of the smash one tbh

Yazuka

So are there any other sites that are willing to sell the new 3ds to Sweden besides play-asia? Or nothing has changed on that party?

Fitz

I suppose I got lucky with my deliveries, ordered right after my last post. N3DS just arrived (from 365), got Ocarina of Time yesterday (from ShopTo), just waiting on the AC adapter + Animal Crossing and Smash Bros from Amazon now.

xxczx

Question: Has anyone imported an Australian new 3DS (not LL) to the UK from play-asia? And what was the import charge (if any).
I did and its around £30.

FedEx will charge an extra £10 for admin fees but you can email them complaining about it and get it took off

So i've just ordered one of these bad boys from 365 Games, it's been dispatched

just a quick question with regarding the little 2nd stick, does that work for games like say Resident Evil Revelations and Monster Hunter? so i can use that to control the camera instead of the Circle Pad Pro? or is the 2nd stick only going to be used for new 3ds games only?

Rich!

So i've just ordered one of these bad boys from 365 Games, it's been dispatched

just a quick question with regarding the little 2nd stick, does that work for games like say Resident Evil Revelations and Monster Hunter? so i can use that to control the camera instead of the Circle Pad Pro? or is the 2nd stick only going to be used for new 3ds games only?

Yep

It functions as a circle pad pro, along with the extra shoulder buttons.

thenexus6

You can always get one from 365 and skip on import charges, http://www.365games.co.uk/3ds-consoles/new-nintendo-3ds-handheld-console-white

Then again it's more expensive than Play-Asia, the price went up since I've preordered.

Yeah I thought about that, but wondered with the cheaper price on play-asia + import if it would be cheaper than that site.

How much does a N3DS (not LL) cost if you were to walk into a store? My Mum just told me she has a friend that lives there, so I could get it posted directly from them instead.

Also what is biggest micro sd card it can handle? SDHC.

4Scarr

Banned
Anyone in North America order an Australian new 3ds XL from play Asia and had to pay duty and taxes?

I did and its around £30.

FedEx will charge an extra £10 for admin fees but you can email them complaining about it and get it took off

valouris

My order just arrived from Play-Asia and it got stopped at customs :(((

I will probably have to pay almost as much as I did for the system itself :( Anyone else with similar troubles? Any way to handle it?

TheChaos0

My order just arrived from Play-Asia and it got stopped at customs :(((

I will probably have to pay almost as much as I did for the system itself :( Anyone else with similar troubles? Any way to handle it?

Surely you just pay the VAT and the service charge. That can't add up to whatever N3DS cos you tot get. Unless you got it dirt cheap, somehow.

valouris

Surely you just pay the VAT and the service charge. That can't add up to whatever N3DS cos you tot get. Unless you got it dirt cheap, somehow.

Customs in Greece are notorious for absolutely ripping everybody off. Sigh... I might end up not accepting and returning it depending on what they tell me. Bummer. If I was in the UK I would have ordered from the other site, but I was here these days.

Customs in Greece are notorious for absolutely ripping everybody off. Sigh... I might end up not accepting and returning it depending on what they tell me. Bummer. If I was in the UK I would have ordered from the other site, but I was here these days.
That sucks :/ I hope you get it sorted!

Peagles

So... I got thoroughly spoiled for Christmas. Even though they've been out awhile here I wasn't allowed to buy one, but I kept whining about not being able to decide between XL and regular. I love the big screens but hgggggnnnn the faceplates and full coloured face buttons, and my hands are too small to play Smash on the XL.

So I got given both! Pics tomorrow!

Whynothaveboth.gif lol...

nan0

If I import one to germany, am I still eligible for warranty here? I'd fear that NOE just says "Tough shit, not our problem" in case something breaks.

Fusebox

Banned
I've been using mine the last few days, its a surprisingly heavy bit of kit but the improved 3d stability in totally worth the extra weight imo.

Peagles

Well the system transfer to the XL is done, and the smaller sized one is gonna stay blank for now, but I'm so god damn impressed. The New 3D has to be seen to be believed, it really is incredible. I can't wait to go back and replay games in 3D and the colours are so much more vibrant than the older models. North America is gonna freak out when this hits.

imagejpg1_zpsaabc2cec.jpg

Dommel

Ordered one from Play-Asia with pickup order from a shop in Hong Kong where I'm currently on holiday.

Very happy with it and I'm going to look for the dock next time I'm in Sham Shui Po.

I was using a micro sd with adapter in my old 3ds and was surprised to see the system transfer actually acknowledge that and just transfer account data. After that just swap out the card and done.

lunch_box

I have a new 3ds on the way, with regards to system transfer I want to keep my n3ds on the firmware it is supplied with for gateway purposes, will I be able to do the transfer from my latest fw Xl to the n3ds without the need to update? Thanks in advance

Atouba

I have a new 3ds on the way, with regards to system transfer I want to keep my n3ds on the firmware it is supplied with for gateway purposes, will I be able to do the transfer from my latest fw Xl to the n3ds without the need to update? Thanks in advance

No. You need the newest version to do a system transfer.

got the new xl, first handheld since the gameboy!

got links awakening, pullblox & street fighter 4 on the eshop and grabbed tetris ultimate & a link between worlds at retail so good to go..

My girlfriend's New 3DS XL that I got her for Christmas has a tiny scratch/dent on the top screen. I ordered it in November :/ Hopefully 365Games return policy is good or else this will end up being really annoying.

My girlfriend's New 3DS XL that I got her for Christmas has a tiny scratch/dent on the top screen. I ordered it in November :/ Hopefully 365Games return policy is good or else this will end up being really annoying.
Keep us updated. They should return it for a refund or exchange, especially as it was an online purchase.

Right guys, I'm thinking about returning the OG 3DS XLs I got for my nieces for Christmas (still haven't gifted them yet because the pink one from ShopTo hasn't arrived yet) and instead ordering two n3DS systems from 365 Games. Going to contact ShopTo tomorrow first and get them to cancel the order if they haven't shipped it yet. I've a few questions first:

- Does the n3DS use the same charger as the 3DS?

- Are there screen protectors available for it already? I'm not fussed about them but since these are for my young nieces, I'd like to put them on. If not, will current Hori screen protectors work?

Thanks.

Rich!

- Does the n3DS use the same charger as the 3DS?

- Are there screen protectors available for it already? I'm not fussed about them but since these are for my young nieces, I'd like to put them on. If not, will current Hori screen protectors work?

Thanks.

Any 3DS charger will work from any region.

And if you're on about the XL, any existing screen protectors will work fine. Same screen sizes.

Top Bottom