• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

4Scarr

Banned
Just a quick question when creating a NNID can we create a European one or only Australian one? I read that the European e-shop has better selection of games and prices. Thanks

Remember, you can play DS games on it too! So many amazing games to play!

i know, its actually overwhelming just how much software there is when you look into it!

going to start with zelda titles, the majoras mask announcement pushed me over the edge and a link to the past is my favourite title in the series so it was hurting that i couldnt play the sequel until i got onboard!

playing the minish cap on wiiu atm and will start ALBW once thats wrapped up! for now, its just games of tetris here and there but thats ok with me!

Fusebox

Banned
Anyone got both the regular and XL of the New 3DS?

I got the regular, the cover plates and colored buttons were too hard to resist, but damn I've got an old-school claw grip going on here and I can't do long sessions on this thing at all. Is the XL noticeably more comfortable?

Also if I want to replace it with the XL how do I get my eshop games from this one to that one?

Firestorm

Quick question about the MicroSD transfer. I just grabbed a 32 GB MicroSD to use in my current original 3DS model (using the SD adapter). When I get a New 3DS next year, will I be able to just switch it into my New 3DS and retain everything or will the transfer process require that I have two different cards to complete the data transfer?

Basically should I just stick it out with my current card a while longer or can I start using my new card right away?

Dommel

Quick question about the MicroSD transfer. I just grabbed a 32 GB MicroSD to use in my current original 3DS model (using the SD adapter). When I get a New 3DS next year, will I be able to just switch it into my New 3DS and retain everything or will the transfer process require that I have two different cards to complete the data transfer?

Basically should I just stick it out with my current card a while longer or can I start using my new card right away?

After account transfer you'll be able to switch it out. System Transfer specifically asks if you're using a micro SD on your old system and then just transfers the bare minimum necessary.

Bababaloo

Neo Member
I received the Smash Cover for Christmas, love it <3

15940443328_b7a0a5a7e2_c.jpg

D.Lo

New 3DS is my first 3DS. The 3D on this thing is awesome. Assuming 3d on the old ones wasn't as good?

I'm addicted now, almost finished Mario 3D land already, and onto RE:Revelations. Sticker Star is $23, might grab that too!

Faceplates finally arrived today! Going to put them on when I get home. Need to find a screwdriver in town as well :p I'll post pics once I've put them on.

4Scarr

Banned
My nn3dsxl from play-Asia is on fedex truck for delivery. Just ordered it Friday night about 7pm and it's already out for delivery :)

Quick question for those that own one already: does the n3DS (not the XL) fit inside a standard 3DS carry case? I think it's a little bigger than the OG model, but hoping it fits.

Thanks.

Vuze

Quick question for those that own one already: does the n3DS (not the XL) fit inside a standard 3DS carry case? I think it's a little bigger than the OG model, but hoping it fits.

Thanks.
Nah, sadly it doesn't. I have the Original Nintendo case and it's too small :(

Zoro7

Banned
I ordered my New 3ds from 365 games on christmas eve. Its been on being picked ever since. I understand they dont work bank holidays. Surely it should have been dispatched today? I paid for UPS Delivery too. :(

I have my n3DS in an old XL case. It just fits in the straps :p

Also I keep meaning to post pics from changing the faceplates but so lazy. They're absolutely gorgeous in person and I was surprised at how easy they were to change.

Caramello

New 3DS is my first 3DS. The 3D on this thing is awesome. Assuming 3d on the old ones wasn't as good?

I'm addicted now, almost finished Mario 3D land already, and onto RE:Revelations. Sticker Star is $23, might grab that too!

Turn off Super Stable 3D in the Settings app if you want to know what it's like on older 3DS models.

Vitacat

Cannot wait for these to come to NA.

I am so loving the faceplates even though I'm an XL user. I may end up buying both models... >_<

QUESTION: if I'm using carts, I can switch them between 2 different 3DS's with no issues right? Saves will work etc.? It's just eshop games that are limited to a single device, correct?

Correct. I have a regular XL and the 3D is a great effect, but it's very unstable. The slightest movement ruins it. That's why myself and so many other 3DS users are excited to get the New models. Finally the 3D works properly without having to stay completely still.

Caramello

Cannot wait for these to come to NA.

I am so loving the faceplates even though I'm an XL user. I may end up buying both models... >_<

QUESTION: if I'm using carts, I can switch them between 2 different 3DS's with no issues right? Saves will work etc.? It's just eshop games that are limited to a single device, correct?

Correct. I have a regular XL and the 3D is a great effect, but it's very unstable. The slightest movement ruins it. That's why myself and so many other 3DS users are excited to get the New models. Finally the 3D works properly without having to stay completely still.

Yes that's right :)

ZeroX03

Banned

For most games. It depends on whether they save data to the cart or SD card. For example Pokemon saves everything to the cart while Persona Q saves map data to the SD card so you'll lose it if you switch 3DS.

Peagles

For most games. It depends on whether they save data to the cart or SD card. For example Pokemon saves everything to the cart while Persona Q saves map data to the SD card so you'll lose it if you switch 3DS.

My Smash Bros started anew as well when I put it in my small N3DS (can't play on the XL without terrible cramp).

Love the faceplates D.Lo!

Benedict

Face plates are only available on new 3DS and not new 3DS XL?
what are the general opinion so far regarding the new models?
XL over ordinary model or no real difference?

Kirby102

Has anyone figured out how to do the wireless microSD management from Mac OSX?

I managed to set it up to the point where it can see it on the network, but when trying to login with the username/pwd on the n3DS, it gives a permissions error.

Or am I just SOL for the time being...

Goldenhen

MilkLizard

Thanks.

Some work, some don't. Quoting myself:

System transfer done without any troubles and it fits in my Waterfield case. Very nice system. It feels a lot better than the old XL and I can't wait to play some cool games on it, but that has to wait until tomorrow. Too tired now ;)

O4T0Nc3l.jpg

You can get them here. They are not cheap but really worth it. I have one for the VITA as well and I'm really happy with them.

Blues1990

While I'm fine with my Nintendo 3DS XL, I will admit that these custom plates are pretty. Give me a Mega Man-themed one, and I might bite, once the systems are released in March.

Cairnsay

Banned
My New 3DS just showed up from PlayAsia today! cannot wait to get home and get it sorted. Quick question for Gaf, when I do the system transfer it will also transer the data from my SD card in my old 3DS to the new SD card in the New 3DS correct? If it was full of stuff I'd be tempted to do it on the PC but the only game I have downloaded is the Phoenix Wright Trilogy.

Some work, some don't. Quoting myself:

You can get them here. They are not cheap but really worth it. I have one for the VITA as well and I'm really happy with them.
Thanks for this. I ended up ordering the hard Hori case from Nippon Yassan. These are for my nieces, so decided to get a hard case for extra protection.

Top Bottom