• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

Mine was being picked for three full working days and was dispatched on the fourth. It finally arrived yesterday though (I paid the £2.99 shipping) in the afternoon. So I ordered at 2am on Tuesday, it arrived about 4pm Monday.

I paid the £6.49 royal mail next day shipping! Ordered 1:30am Monday. Tomorrow is the latest I would expect the console with that.

MicH

I paid like £2 for shopping to Denmark when I ordered my n3dsxl from 365games. It shipped a Friday and I got it the following Monday. That was really fast

Vee_One

Got the New 3DS XL.

Loving it, the 3D is fantastic and it's comfortable to hold. I'm just bummed that the XL did not come in white but otherwise i have no complaints.

Currently working my way through Fire Emblem, Smash, and Persona Q

ZeroX03

Banned
I ordered something from 365games last Thursday and it only shipped today. Normally they ship same day but they're getting hammered by Xmas stuff. They're mostly fantastic though, if you complain to CS they usually give you credit.

Is it worth getting a microSD card that has a read/write speed of 90MB/s? Can new 3DS even process speeds that high?

There won't be any noticeable performance increases. I just use a 40MB/s Class 10, but a Class 4 should work too.

Great. Wanted to order from ebay for 199 Euros + 7 Euros shipping.

Now he wants 250 for the small model and 300 Euros for the XL.

Guess I have to wait for the german release then.

Vuze

Great. Wanted to order from ebay for 199 Euros + 7 Euros shipping.

Now he wants 250 for the small model and 300 Euros for the XL.

Guess I have to wait for the german release then.
Why'd you get it from eBay when PlayAsia sells it for the same incl shipping? Seller located in the EU?

It still would be cheaper than Play-Asia and I could have sent it back.

Play-Asia seems (from what I heard) not very cooperative if the item is broken or has dead pixels.

xxczx

I got a letter yesterday from FedEx with custom charges.

£30 custom fee plus they had a nerve to slap £11 in admin fees, emailed them about it and I got it took off. No way am I paying £40 just for a custom fee.

Vuze

Got my Poogie coverplate, swapping it was easier than I expected. Sorry for potato image quality~
tumblr_ngddxiH9CC1qeznclo1_1280.jpg

69wpm

A friend of mine bought a new 3DS XL (Black) here in Romania for around 250€ from a retailer. I have no idea why they have those Aussie versions. Anyway, it's out of stock now, they only have the simple white one left. How much did you pay to import it?

Mussah92

Just got an invoice from fedex... its like £45

How long have i got to pay it ? need to buy them xmas presents, pretty broke atm lol

Hasney

Just got an invoice from fedex... its like £45

How long have i got to pay it ? need to buy them xmas presents, pretty broke atm lol

Well email them and get their charge waived first, then you've got plenty of time. There will be chase messages before anything happens.

waru

Actually what upsets me the most is to have lost my digital games. I hope that Nintendo can do something about it. I bought more than 50 eshop games ...

Vuze

Last night a robber came in my house and has stole my New 3ds and my laptop. I'm so sad...
Sucks to hear man... stealing laptops and other devices with personal and sensitive data is such a dick move but guess those people don't have any morals at all anymore. Hope everything works out for you!
That's so cute! :D did you have the screwdriver already? Cus I don't think I have one that size :/
Yeah, I've got a screwdriver set for all those tiny-ish to medium sizes, extremely useful and probably the best investement in that regard that I've made in that regard lol. Nintendo should really have supplied some cheap, little screwdriver for the purpose (atleast with the console), the plates aren't meant to be heavily tied down by the screws anyway.

Sucks to hear man... stealing laptops and other devices with personal and sensitive data is such a dick move but guess those people don't have any morals at all anymore. Hope everything works out for you!

Yeah, I've got a screwdriver set for all those tiny-ish to medium sizes, extremely useful and probably the best investement in that regard that I've made in that regard lol. Nintendo should really have supplied some cheap, little screwdriver for the purpose (atleast with the console), the plates aren't meant to be heavily tied down by the screws anyway.
Hm... Do you know what size exactly it is? I might go out and get some today when I collect the faceplates from the Post Office.

Vuze

Hm... Do you know what size exactly it is? I might go out and get some today when I collect the faceplates from the Post Office.
The Philips 0-3x40 [PH 0-3 x 1.6" (PH 0-3 x 40)] I used worked fine. But a collection of those in different sizes is always useful to have, so you might wanna pick up a cheap set.

Jomjom

Banned
If I'm planning on upgrading to the N3DS do I have to keep my old one until I get it to do the system transfer? I would like to sell my old 3DS XL before the prices drop upon the release of the N3DS in the US.

ohlawd

I forget the specifics about system transfer

all it does it is move licenses so it doesn't care what size the target system's microsd has, right?

so basically, I do the transfer between my old 3DS and new 3DS then go use a PC to move all the data from the SD card onto a microsd and stick it in the new system?

I forget the specifics about system transfer

all it does it is move licenses so it doesn't care what size the target system's microsd has, right?

so basically, I do the transfer between my old 3DS and new 3DS then go use a PC to move all the data from the SD card onto a microsd and stick it in the new system?

i copied the data before the transfer and all worked fine :)

Hasney

Yeah and you get choices about moving just the basic data, basic data + saves or everything over wireless. Obviously the first is the best if you have a PC to copy the data, it's just faster.

Amalthea

Banned
I got a letter yesterday from FedEx with custom charges.

£30 custom fee plus they had a nerve to slap £11 in admin fees, emailed them about it and I got it took off. No way am I paying £40 just for a custom fee.
Yeah, those additional fees are high as hell.
And they wrote in my bill that payment is due by recieving this bill. In my country it's always at least 5 working days, not when you're getting the letter itself.

kubus

Plugging this from the Japanese 3DS Thread:

I've completely redone the 3DS Import Shopping Spreadsheet so it now includes all the latest face plates and, most importantly, I've made it work so that all converted prices are calculated in realtime using Google Finance's most recent exchange rates.

The prices of systems and stuff probably isn't that interesting to you guys, but I can imagine a lot of you are importing face plates from Japan and this sheet can help you with finding the best place to shop from.

The All New *New* Nintendo 3DS Import Shopping Spreadsheet

Phoenixus

Can someone do me a quick pic comparison of the OG 3DS and the regular New 3DS I'd they have both? I've been set on the regular new one but am starting to miss my XL screens after switching back to the OG, so need some reassurance the bigger screen size makes a difference.

Pachael

Got the New 3DS XL.

Loving it, the 3D is fantastic and it's comfortable to hold. I'm just bummed that the XL did not come in white but otherwise i have no complaints.

Currently working my way through Fire Emblem, Smash, and Persona Q

Got a new blue 3ds Xl two days back - thanks Target /OzB. Happily playing Smash and Alpha Sapphire. Love it, now get the amiibos working with Smash Wink wink.

I'm hoping my ORAS faceplates will arrive today.

Also, I've been playing the n3DS a lot more and as someone coming from an XL, I really like the way it feels. It's a lot lighter and the pixel density is obviously better than the XL. Also, it's way more comfortable to hold than the OG 3DS for some reason.

I do sometimes feel like it could've had a bit bigger screen but other than that it's awesome.

Hasney

I'm hoping my ORAS faceplates will arrive today.

Also, I've been playing the n3DS a lot more and as someone coming from an XL, I really like the way it feels. It's a lot lighter and the pixel density is obviously better than the XL. Also, it's way more comfortable to hold than the OG 3DS for some reason.

I do sometimes feel like it could've had a bit bigger screen but other than that it's awesome.

The redesign on the XL has done similar things for me. It's just a lot better to hold, so going from XL to nXL has been a joy.

Top Bottom