• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Yasawas

Right Chronopost, it's Monday, let's fucking GO.

Anyone seen a decent, basic hard case for the regular size model at all? What we gain in sick cover plates we seem to lose in basic transport protection.

What? You're telling me it's flawless all the time?

Not at all, I just say that this kind of tech can sometimes fail for obvious reasons. Some of theses causes can be fixed (bad lighting conditions, holding the console too far away), some others not really (face not recognized, broken camera or lens)

Zalman

For somebody who hasn't played a pokemon since firered, would y'all recommend x/y or omega/alpha to get back in?
Yes. Personally I think X/Y are far better games. Generation 3 has some problems, and while the remakes do fix some of the things, it still isn't enough to top X/Y for me.

You can't really go wrong though.

anyone else having issues with transferring? I couldnt trade in my 3DS because for some reason I never noticed that it has no serial number!! So I transferred the data to my brother's 3DS which took about an hour for the whole thing.

Transferring from his 3DS to my new 3DS XL I'm around 50% done with part 1/6 after about an hour and a half. Did it take this long for anyone else? I'm not even transferring much. It's a 4GB SD card to 4GB micro SD card. I probably only even have a little over 2GB of memory used up/

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I may have phrased the question poorly, I am basically getting a N3DS just to play pokemon again. Hoping to get some opinions on which of the two newest ones people prefer.
Ahh OK. I skipped gen 3 when they originally came out so Omega is my first taste of that, and I'm enjoying it more than X. That being said, X feels like the fresher game.

Lunar FC

Ahh OK. I skipped gen 3 when they originally came out so Omega is my first taste of that, and I'm enjoying it more than X. That being said, X feels like the fresher game.

I think the freshness meter is the number one thing to consider when getting a pokemon game. I also just realized that I played a good amount of Emerald a while back aswell, so i'm thinking the x/y route is the way to go.

Are there any 3DS card cases similar to the Club N ones that have a clear outer sleeve for artwork?

That'd be nice.

Oh, and before I forget, do any of the "old" 3DS XL cases/pouches fit the "new" XL? I'd like to find a case that can at least accommodate the system and the charger.

Inotti

Do anyone know if the Activity Log is counting your playtime even when you put your 3DS on standby/to sleep?

No, it's not counting standby/sleep mode as playtime. :)

Btw, have you called bersgala already? I really want to know their response since Bersgala also distributes Nintendo stuff to Finland and if I ever had any problems it would nice to know if they are willing to help.

Lum1n3s

Whoa, is the N3DS faster in terms of internet/download speeds? I just re-downloaded my software from the eshop and everything was downloaded fast, especially ALTTP.

Labrys

I was wondering the same thing. I have a shell on my old 3ds xl that I wouldn't mind using on my new 3DS XL.

Shells don't fit, but cases do. I have the Gyakuten Saiban 5 case and it fits perfectly.

f6irGpB.jpg

I just ordered some glasses with anti-reflective coating. The super stable 3D had better work when I get them.

I really hate the placement of the power button. I've accidentally hit it multiple times and lost progress in my games.

What, really? My complaint with the power button is that it's out of the way and too hard to press.

Maximus.

I find that the 3D effect is way better and manageable on the new system, but I do have it where it will randomly snap or ghost a bit and require me to readjust. I didn't expect it to be perfect, but it is WAY better than the old systems.

Rurunaki

How much does amazon.uk charge for importing to the US? I'm thinking of getting the charging cradle, but don't want to go through the motion of signing up a new account just for amazon.uk

breakfuss

Well...I wasn't going to get one as I couldn't justify upgrading to play a few "enhanced" titles. But as a 3D enthusiast I'll admit the tracking works phenomenally. Tried it at a demo kiosk in Best Buy and walked away impressed. Of course they were completely wiped out so I'm going to swing by Target later. Thanks for all the impressions, everyone.

And DAMN it man, sucks I missed out on that GS trade-in promo. Hopefully I can unload the XL on GAF or craigslist for about the same.

Suerte

Oh - do yours say anything special on the chronopost site? Mine still says inbound line haul scan Heathrow airport Sunday 8:50am

Chronopost site hasn't updated since yesterday - the only reason I know it's on its way is from getting a text message from DHL! (I used "fast" delivery as well)

Lum1n3s

Well...I wasn't going to get one as I couldn't justify upgrading to play a few "enhanced" titles. But as a 3D enthusiast I'll admit the tracking works phenomenally. Tried it at a demo kiosk in Best Buy and walked away impressed. Of course they were completely wiped out so I'm going to swing by Target later. Thanks for all the impressions, everyone.

And DAMN it man, sucks I missed out on that GS trade-in promo. Hopefully I can unload the XL on GAF or craigslist for about the same.

That's what sealed the deal for me, walking into BB and seeing how phenomenal the new and improved 3D is. Didn't know GS stopped that deal though.

Emdeepee

Oh - do yours say anything special on the chronopost site? Mine still says inbound line haul scan Heathrow airport Sunday 8:50am

Mine is marked out for delivery from Birmingham on the Chronopost site, but only managed to get my UK tracking number as DHL sent me a text. Seems like UK delivery company varies.

Paid for fast delivery. In hindsight a waste of money.

I also live about 100 miles from Birmingham.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Mine is marked out for delivery from Birmingham on the Chronopost site, but only managed to get my UK tracking number as DHL sent me a text. Seems like UK delivery company varies.

email english@amazon.fr with your order reference and complain - they'll refund you. They gave me £14 off which is basically free delivery.

Yasawas

Email english@amazon.fr and get the delivery charge refunded, I got mine in Saturday no problem.

Out for delivery in Glasgow o/

Lagamorph

N3DSXL in stock around here but....I really can't justify it at the moment. With nothing that will actually make use of it I really can't see the need/point in upgrading.

Maybe in May when Xenoblade comes out, but right now I think I'll hold off.

Pachimari

No, it's not counting standby/sleep mode as playtime. :)

Btw, have you called bersgala already? I really want to know their response since Bersgala also distributes Nintendo stuff to Finland and if I ever had any problems it would nice to know if they are willing to help.

I just came off the phone with Bergsala.

Here in Denmark you need to send your Nintendo ID and the serialnumber on your new console to them in an email to service@bergsala.dk. If you have the serialnumber on your old console, then it'll be easier for them and it may be quicker if you call your support line. If you don't have the serial number on your old system, then they have to send your request to Sweden.

[edit]
Where do I find the serial number on my New Nintendo 3DS?

Top Bottom