• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

kubus

I just came off the phone with Bergsala.

Here in Denmark you need to send your Nintendo ID and the serialnumber on your new console to them in an email to service@bergsala.dk. If you have the serialnumber on your old console, then it'll be easier for them and it may be quicker if you call your support line. If you don't have the serial number on your old system, then they have to send your request to Sweden.

[edit]
Where do I find the serial number on my New Nintendo 3DS?

Either on the back (XL) or behind the Back Front Plate (n3DS)

Pachimari

Either on the back (XL) of behind the Back Plate (n3DS)

There's nothing on the back and I just took off the backplate and there's nothing either.

[edit]
I called Bergsala again, and they said the same thing. Really strange there's no serial number on my N3DS.
At least I found it on the package.

Jrmint

Question about the eshop.

I keep trying to download the smash bros. demo and getting an error after about 5 mins. Do I have to keep the 3ds 'open' when downloading stuff or can I shut it? Bc every time I go to shut it it gives me the error.

Santiako

Question about the eshop.

I keep trying to download the smash bros. demo and getting an error after about 5 mins. Do I have to keep the 3ds 'open' when downloading stuff or can I shut it? Bc every time I go to shut it it gives me the error.
There should be a button in the touch screen that says 'Download in sleep mode'. Click that and then you can shut the console.

kuvaldis

Neo Member
AF8ERTGm.jpg

This beauty is sitting right next to me in a backpack....3 more hours at work!! Damn it!

Mitama

Anyone else got a white New 3DS? My shell isn't really white, it's a little yellowish. Loving it so far, aside from that. Couldn't find anything about it on internet, which caught me by surprise.

Delt31

Nope. I'm assuming it's because you want to use wireless headphones? FWIW it does have slightly better speakers, or at least that's what people seem to think. It does sound better to me somehow. But i'm not much an an audiophile.

That's correct. Wanted to use wireless headphones. How does a new electronic device that's portable in 2015 NOT have Bluetooth. 3d without glasses yet no Bluetooth?

jaosobno

Anyone else got a white New 3DS? My shell isn't really white, it's a little yellowish. Loving it so far, aside from that. Couldn't find anything about it on internet, which caught me by surprise.

That's normal. It's not exactly pure white, more like ivory.

samn

My new3ds xl has a gap at the hinges, causing it to shift left and right when I move the system. This isn't normal right?

It's normal, and it's more noticeable now that both the volume and 3D sliders are on the top and oppositely placed.,

Inotti

I just came off the phone with Bergsala.

Here in Denmark you need to send your Nintendo ID and the serialnumber on your new console to them in an email to service@bergsala.dk. If you have the serialnumber on your old console, then it'll be easier for them and it may be quicker if you call your support line. If you don't have the serial number on your old system, then they have to send your request to Sweden.

[edit]
Where do I find the serial number on my New Nintendo 3DS?

Thank you! I seriously thought that bersgala was good for nothing if you ever needed to transfer your NNID from stolen or broken system to a new one. This is excellent news! :)

DagsJT

Hoping the Amazon.fr orders turn up today for people. Mine finally made it to Heathrow by yesterday morning..

Mine arrived a few mins ago. Still not sure why it had to go through Germany to get to the UK.

Now to hope I haven't got any dead pixels...

Pachimari

The back plate of my regular sized N3DS already have a few scratches you can see if the lighting is correct. Must have been there from the start, as I have barely touched it heh. Doesn't matter anyway.

dose

It's supposed to track your eyes, but before any tracking, I guess it has to detect your face. If for some reason it cannot detect your face or loses it, the effect breaks.
Depending on the reason, you might be able to fix it.
It really doesn't like me wearing glasses, which is a big flaw. The 'Super Stable 3D' is anything but stable if I have my glasses on. As soon as I take them off (and then can't see) the 3D works ok. Anyone else have this issue?

taranatar

Finally they came at last from Amazon France. The white is for the Mrs and I've got the blue XL. The normal new 3ds build quality is gorgeous.

dsside.jpg

dssidebyside.jpg

dspink.jpg

dspink1.jpg

taranatar

That faceplate looks so soft and comfy to hold. Great pictures - really shows the beauty of the blue XL

It is really nice, its got a great textured feel to the pink plate. The other half loves it, might have to pick up that pink charge dock.

The XL is a lovely shade of blue but damn it's a fingerprint magnet.

How high are the chances that someone will eventually make see-through faceplates? Then I could just put my own art behind and have a custom new 3DS! :D I know it's already possible with clear cases but having the front- and backplate like this would look awesome too I assume.

Managed to get a Zelda 3DS at target on launch day via Target so I imagine I'm going to sell my Monster Hunter one. Going for 400 dollars on Ebay which is more than enough for me, lol. Still doesn't beat selling the Ni No Kuni SE for 400 dollars though given that only cost 100. People are crazy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
lol at the comments from people talking about Nintendo leaving the charger out to save space/weight for logistics. my n3DS comes with a 'quick start guide' that is as heavy as the entire console and bigger. So much for weight saving.

hoserx

How high are the chances that someone will eventually make see-through faceplates? Then I could just put my own art behind and have a custom new 3DS! :D I know it's already possible with clear cases but having the front- and backplate like this would look awesome too I assume.

Just buy a 3d printer and make one :)

What number do I call if I want to beg for my NNID to be transferred?

I sold my 3DS ages ago. I didn't know about this crazy account thing. My new 3ds arrives tomorrow. :(
America? Apparently 855-703-8783 or 1-800-255-3700 followed by option 5 (but since they're busy the former might be better).

Hopefully you have the old serial # (protip, Club Nintendo will tell if you ever registered it).

Do anyone know if the Activity Log is counting your playtime even when you put your 3DS on standby/to sleep?
It stops unless the game can play sound through the speakers in sleep mode (e.g. SSB sound test, 3DS sound) in which case it then logs time really inaccurately (DS mode can exhibit the same problem in general).

lol at the comments from people talking about Nintendo leaving the charger out to save space/weight for logistics. my n3DS comes with a 'quick start guide' that is as heavy as the entire console and bigger. So much for weight saving.
Here is the test, fit the charger into that box :)

Bazry

It really doesn't like me wearing glasses, which is a big flaw. The 'Super Stable 3D' is anything but stable if I have my glasses on. As soon as I take them off (and then can't see) the 3D works ok. Anyone else have this issue?

I wear glasses and mine has been great (Zelda New 3DS XL). I was even playing Majora's Mask in the dark last night and the eye tracker still managed to see through my glasses and keep track of my eyes. I have no idea if being in the dark would affect the eye tracking in any case.

MegalonJJ

Banned
A few impressions having used it over the weekend (Normal size N3DS)

- build quality is so much better than the OG. The feel of the unit is excellent.
- no screen wobble or movement
- stable 3D is really stable, even in complete darkness which is when I use it.
- volume slider being placed on top screen is very welcome.

samn

Mine just arrived. The stable 3D is amazing. I've only seen the settings menus, but it actually looks like things are floating in front of and behind the screen now. Only issue is that you still have to keep a 30cm distance and I do see a flicker when moving my head, which is a little disappointing, but I can see myself playing with 3D on all the time now.

big_z

what do your glasses look like? it should work with glasses so im guessing maybe the style of frames is causing the problem.

Raide

Argh. Local GAME did not have the MH4u 3ds in stock. They said they had no idea when it was in. Knew I should have pre-ordered.

owlbeak

So where in the hell can I get one of these? No place has them in stock and Amazon doesn't even have a page for the regular ones; just the MM collector's ed.

I want to give you my money, Nintendo!

Respawn

Banned
N3DSXL in stock around here but....I really can't justify it at the moment. With nothing that will actually make use of it I really can't see the need/point in upgrading.

Maybe in May when Xenoblade comes out, but right now I think I'll hold off.
Same here. I'll wait.

CRA5H

Do you all like to power off or leave it in sleep mode? I'm assuming sleep mode is best when you want to take a break and continue playing in a bit. Battery life has been pretty good so far in sleep mode when I close it mid game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do you all like to power off or leave it in sleep mode? I'm assuming sleep mode is best when you want to take a break and continue playing in a bit. Battery life has been pretty good so far in sleep mode when I close it mid game.

Leave it in sleep mode all the time.

N3DSXL in stock around here but....I really can't justify it at the moment. With nothing that will actually make use of it I really can't see the need/point in upgrading.

Maybe in May when Xenoblade comes out, but right now I think I'll hold off.

I justified it like this:

I have a launch OG Black 3DS. Also, I upgrade my phone like every year. So yeah lol

Finally they came at last from Amazon France. The white is for the Mrs and I've got the blue XL. The normal new 3ds build quality is gorgeous.

The regular n3DS definitely has a better design and build quality. Also, dem buttons.

But having a larger screen, in and of itself, is amazing. Also, it's a better quality panel. The better speakers and battery life seal the deal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
one small negative of the white n3DS is that it isn't - white. Mine is sitting on a white table and the main body is decidely cream, and the cover plates are a slightly darker shade still

one small negative of the white n3DS is that it isn't - white. Mine is sitting on a white table and the main body is decidely cream, and the cover plates are a slightly darker shade still

Someone needs to talk to Nintendo about colors. The black XL isn't black at all, it's gray, almost greenish even.

Top Bottom