• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Hermii

I don't take everything they say as gold. They've lied in the past. It's not like I'm going to be mad if it doesn't happen. Lol
They haven't lied in the past. They said things like "IT will mainly cover this timeframe" the. They have one or two announcements that's further away but not lying with absolute statements.

Piichan

Banned
My expectations:

-New 2D Metroid announced for 3DS. Free of charge for anyone who bought Federation Force on launch day.
-Great Ace Attorney localization
Kickstarter
announcement.
-Resident Evil 4 3DS port announcement. Wolf Link Amiibo compatible to turn that dog into Wolf Link.
-NES Remix: Roadkilled Skunk Edition. Features challenges of such NES Classics as TMNT, Castlevania II, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, etc.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Your hypothetical there would literally be an announcement of an announcement of an announcement 😂 I mean, surely we're not that far are we? :p

So? Even better, do a countdown website: guesswhat.nintendo.com. That's how things work these days.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My expectations:

-New 2D Metroid announced for 3DS. Free of charge for anyone who bought Federation Force on launch day.
-Great Ace Attorney localization
Kickstarter
announcement.
-Resident Evil 4 3DS port announcement. Wolf Link Amiibo compatible to turn that dog into Wolf Link.
-NES Remix: Roadkilled Skunk Edition. Features challenges of such NES Classics as TMNT, Castlevania II, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, etc.
Nah man on your first point, they are announcing a Metroid 2 remake

LeonSPBR

For those who can't watch it live: I will add a summary, video on demand (VOD) of each version of the Nintendo 3DS Direct & links to each new announcement thread on NeoGAF after it aired to the op. So feel free to come back to this topic after.

Oh okay.

Thanks for this.

AGITΩ

My body woke me up 4 hours before my alarm out of pent up hype. Just for the glimmer of hope for an announcement of an NX event.

Hermii

AGITΩ;215609593 said:
My body woke me up 4 hours before my alarm out of pent up hype. Just for the glimmer of hope for an announcement of an NX event.
Unready your body for anything but 3ds news. Seriously..

Monster Hunter Stories and Etrian Odyssey V are two of the games I most want that are still JP only. I could easily see the former being announced today.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Getting hyped for more Poke info! (hopefully)
Some of you have even got my hopes up for G/S/C on the VC, though I'm not expecting that until at least Sun and Moon are out. They need to spread these titles out a bit.

Wouldn't that be so stupid from a marketing perspective? In a world where everybody does everything to hype even the announcement of an announcement to make this info a surprise in a Nintendo Direct which will probably have a much lower audience than usual Nintendo Directs?

Wouldn't be more wise to actually hype that. "NX reveal date will be announced in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Come and see". Not only you get a huge audience for whatever 3ds has still in store but you also build awareness.

Who cares? It's an announcement of an announcement...it's going to spread like wildfire everywhere unless you think a press release for it will spread the news better.

marmoka

Banned
For those who can't watch it live: I will add a summary, video on demand (VOD) of each version of the Nintendo 3DS Direct & links to each new announcement thread on NeoGAF after it aired to the op. So feel free to come back to this topic after.

Thank you so much. I won't be able to watch it live. A summary of all the Direct is really appreciated.

Iokis

Excited for more new on Pokémon Sun and Moon and Ace Attorney (I should replay those, especially 4 and 5, only went through them once). Unreadying my body for any hopes of a Joker 3 localisation, I will slowly accept that it's not happening
I will never accept it

Feel an odd sort of pity for the NX believers. I feel your pain, and one day we'll get that Direct, but today... ain't that day.

Hope we get something cool out of left-field announced! Don't even care what, any treat from the depths of Nintendo's previously leak-proof bunker.

VegiHam

It's not a stupid-ass decision though.

I specifically mean not ending the Direct on a date we should check in for NX news. If loads of people all kinda came to the conclusion they would independently but they didn't realise everyone would and thought they could gloss over it with a lame disclaimer? Stupid.

HawthorneKitty

I specifically mean not ending the Direct on a date we should check in for NX news. If loads of people all kinda came to the conclusion they would independently but they didn't realise everyone would and thought they could gloss over it with a lame disclaimer? Stupid.
The announcement of a date for news would eclipse the entirety of the Direct. Stupid.

Kansoku

Huh, I knew about NX, but not mobile. Isn't Animal Corssing and Fire Emblem supposed to come out this year? When are they going to show it?

Also, thanks Dystify. Won't be able to watch live, and the links for the videos will help a lot.

VegiHam

The announcement of a date would eclipse the entirety of the Direct. Stupid.

The non-announcement is going to do that anyway. There's only two ways this can go; people mad that they didn't announce it; or people hyped that they did. There is no dream scenario where the direct ends and people are okay with no NX news because they're busy talking about Pokemon or whatever. If Nintendo are chucking out disclaimers hoping to steer it that way they're naive.

But what if they're like, "We aren't talking about the NX today, but we are talking about [Insert whatever dumb name Nintendo comes up with that will ultimately not be cooler than NX]!!"

VLiberty

Hopefully Picross. And hopefully more ports, as that would be better than questionable spin offs...

Gb/gba remix would be amazing.
thx Nintendo, much appreciated :D

The non-announcement is going to do that anyway. There's only two ways this can go; people mad that they didn't announce it; or people hyped that they did. There is no dream scenario where the direct ends and people are okay with no NX news because they're busy talking about Pokemon or whatever. If Nintendo are chucking out disclaimers hoping to steer it that way they're naive.

You can't please everyone so the best decision is not to try to.

HawthorneKitty

If every stupid video games news site is going to publish articulated articles about no NX at a 3DS Direct then they need new writers. Otherwise, this is fine, there is plenty time to release info another date. They know people are asking so they put it their, be disappointed and cry like a baby.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

I'd prefer an announcement of Great Ace Attorney over an NX reveal date. NX will be revealed one day or another, a date does not make me all too happy.

Dystify

But what if they're like, "We aren't talking about the NX today, but we are talking about [Insert whatever dumb name Nintendo comes up with that will ultimately not be cooler than NX]!!"

Unless the name of NX is Nintendo 3DS I find it to be unlikely they will talk about it in this Nintendo 3DS Direct.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The simple fact that Nintendo put the disclaimer up (and it's not the first time) means that they know where the awareness is these days. Still doesn't make it a better situation if they hope they could go on like this for too long.

cireza

Gold Member
Thank you sir.

Don't care for new 3DS games at this point. They'll re-appear sooner or later on the NX anyhow. Just give me a $50 price cut on the n3DS XL (bundle in a game, too, while you're at it), and I'll give this 10/10.

VegiHam

You can't please everyone so the best decision is not to try to.
No, but you sure can try and prioritise pleasing the large group of people who won't shut up. I don't remember any desperate clamouring for 3DS news lately you know?
If every stupid video games news site is going to publish articulated articles about no NX at a 3DS Direct then they need new writers. Otherwise, this is fine, there is plenty time to release info another date. They know people are asking so they put it their, be disappointed and cry like a baby.
They'll publish them because it'll get more clicks than a new trailer for Dragon Quest ever will. I agree that there's nothing wrong with what Nintendo are doing; but it does seem kinda tone deaf right now.
I'd prefer an announcement of Great Ace Attorney over an NX reveal date. NX will be revealed one day or another, a date does not make me all too happy.
I would definitely way prefer that; because I'm a sucker for Ace Attorney news. (It's never happening though.) But I'm not the people angrily tweeting at Nintendo.

Retrobox

Reggie :
And now, concerning the lack of news about our next system, the Nintendo NX, we...

Thanks for watching.

It would be amazing if at the end, they pretended wanting to talk about NX but then some technical interference happens and they're like "well then, looks like we have to postpone this to a later date"

Some people already think Nintendo is personally trolling them. May as well go all in.

Illucio

Banned
My guesses for whats being shown off:

Monster Hunter Stories
Dragon Quest 7 or Dragon Quest 8
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Yokai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls
Sonic Boom Ice and Fire
SMT4-2

I feel like this will be a "Hey I know NX is on the horizon but look at all of the RPG games coming out this Fall/Winter!" Then at the beginning/end of the video they will say "Stay tuned to our upcoming video event where we will show off the NX."

I have very low expectations.

No, but you sure can try and prioritise pleasing the large group of people who won't shut up. I don't remember any desperate clamouring for 3DS news lately you know?

YQkpSOG.gif

Jokes aside, I don't know what Nintendo is thinking and I can't claim any inference about their business tactics. But sign me up for more 3ds stuff

My guesses for whats being shown off:

Monster Hunter Stories
Dragon Quest 7 or Dragon Quest 8
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Yokai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls
Sonic Boom Ice and Fire
SMT4-2

I feel like this will be a "Hey I know NX is on the horizon but look at all of the RPG games coming out this Fall/Winter!" Then at the beginning/end of the video they will say "Stay tuned to our upcoming video event where we will show off the NX."

I have very low expectations.
I mean, you realize Japan has a direct as well, right?

Top Bottom