• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Kinsei

Banned
N3DS and Wii U, then :p

They would be limitling their options way too much. Why limit themselves to the pitiful selection of 3DS SNES games when they could have a much bigger variety of games to choose from by making it Wii U exclusive? This way they could also save things like DKC2 and 3 as selling points for a hypothetical sequel like SMB2 & 3 were for NES Remix 2.

19 pages in two days for a 3DS direct seems like a lot.

It's not though, that's what I'm saying. :p

Let's get back to speculation, according to this thread (someone fiddling around with the snes vc emulator), Final Fantasy 5-6 and Dragon Quest 1-3 will supposedly show up in the Japanese VC, so SE might have plans for it after all. Of course, out of those, the only game with a nonzero chance of showing up in the west is FF6 (III). There's also other games in there that are not out yet

Darhkwing

don't get me wrong a galaxy 3ds port would be nice (probably be N3ds only though) but i'd much rather it appear on the NX as a double pack etc

Dee Dee

I see the crazy train has left the station.

647301bc49e9159a45c93f48dcaf612f5bfe46c246c45df09494ae1fc10225f8.jpg

Andyliini

It is a good day to test my new TV's Twitch-App. Hopefully it has better image quality than that of Xbox One's.

But wait, no Bingo Cards yet?

Hermii

Reggie: Here at Nintendo we like to surprise our fans and bring a smile to their faces. That's why we announced earlier that this direct will be 3ds only. *plays nx reveal trailer.

Dee Dee

I brought some chill pills for y'all.

Take some:

- No NX info except at best some throwaway remark about how they have nothing to share at the moment.
- No Mother 3.
- No 2D Zelda.
- No SNES REMIX on normal 3DS, and I don't see this happen on n3DS as an exclusive, lol.
- No Dai Gyakuten Saiban.
- Just no.

If you want to sit with us lowered expectations guys, get ready for some Dragon Quest trailers, Pokemon, Ace Attorney 6, details on amiibo functionality in Animal Crossing New Leaf, Indie Sizzle Reel, at best some info on 7th Dragon / SMTIV Apocalypse in EU, random F2P spin-off of something on the eShop RIGHT NOW, Monster Hunter Stories Segment + amiibo, Ever Oasis Trailer, good bye see you next year.

I'm personally holding out for Detective Pikachu and Chase: Cold Case Investigations release confirmations for EU - but that's because I want to live dangerously!

I brought some chill pills for y'all.

Take some:

- No NX info except at best some throwaway remark about how they have nothing to share at the moment.
- No Mother 3.
- No 2D Zelda.
- No SNES REMIX on normal 3DS, and I don't see this happen on n3DS as an exclusive, lol.
- No Dai Gyakuten Saiban.
- Just no.

If you want to sit with us lowered expectations guys, get ready for some Dragon Quest trailers, Pokemon, Ace Attorney 6, details on amiibo functionality in Animal Crossing New Leaf, Indie Sizzle Reel, at best some info on 7th Dragon / SMTIV Apocalypse in EU, random F2P spin-off of something on the eShop RIGHT NOW, Monster Hunter Stories Segment + amiibo, Ever Oasis Trailer, good bye see you next year.

I'm personally holding out for Detective Pikachu and Chase: Cold Case Investigations release confirmations for EU - but that's because I want to live dangerously!

It's a worldwide Direct. We always get one big announcement worldwide, which is usually a game. Either we're getting a game announced for 3DS or they will reveal the NX reveal date at the end.

Not being interested != being angry

People hype up Directs because they expect major new announcements. Almost no one expects Nintendo to announce a major new project for the 3DS at this point in time (there's also a lack of interest in new 3DS games because people are already anticipating its successor). It's that easy.

Regardless, there's no one to blame but Nintendo for the current frustration among its fans. Nintendo has been keeping their fans waiting on NX news for one and a half years now and even though I'm sure they have good reason to wait with NX's reveal, it's also hardly surprising that Nintendo fans are getting sick of waiting.

You don't know if they have major projects for the 3ds or not. When has Nintendo ever stated that they're wrapping things up with the 3ds and Wii U and are preparing for the NX? All the NX talk that's been generated for the past year has been based around speculations, hoaxes and second-hand rumors given by magazines and random twitter people. Nintendo has said next to nothing and doesn't owe anything to the fans expecting an announcement every waking hour.

3DS is the strongest system they have going for them right now, so it only makes sense they'll try to push more out of it. The fact that every other post here is an NX-related whine about Nintendo "trolling" them makes it pretty obvious to me that people are (irrationally) angry rather than just disinterested.

Besides, for those actually following the 3ds scene there's lost of interesting titles still at bay, most of them currently Japan-only though.

Chase17

Bit surprised that we are back to morning directs (in NA). Last couple had been late afternoon. I suppose they always do bounce around though.

Tizoc

Pardon me. For asking this but when in september do ninty plan on revealing the nx? Or am i confusing the date?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's a worldwide Direct. We always get one big announcement worldwide, which is usually a game. Either we're getting a game announced for 3DS or they will reveal the NX reveal date at the end.

I don't understand what part of "no NX or mobile info in this Nintendo Direct" is unclear to you.

Chase17

Pardon me. For asking this but when in september do ninty plan on revealing the nx? Or am i confusing the date?
We don't know any of their official plans. People are expecting a september announcement due to a GI report saying there will be one, and since NX is supposed to be coming in March.

Tizoc

We don't know any of their official plans. People are expecting a september announcement due to a GI report saying there will be one, and since NX is supposed to be coming in March.
Ah thanks for clearing it up
Back to this any chance for any release dates for eu region? Would be nice to know the eu release date of 7th eragon for one thing

I don't take everything they say as gold. They've lied in the past. It's not like I'm going to be mad if it doesn't happen. Lol

When have they said they wouldn't be showing something, and then show it?

I do believe there's been either an advertised Wii U direct with 3DS games, or vice versa at some point before. Maybe even multiple times. Granted, that's different than explicitly stating "no NX", but the point is that I'm pretty sure they have thrown in extras not advertised before.

Does anyone else recall this? Now I'm researching...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's not NX info, it's NX reveal event info

Believe

I don't take everything they say as gold. They've lied in the past. It's not like I'm going to be mad if it doesn't happen. Lol

Wouldn't that be so stupid from a marketing perspective? In a world where everybody does everything to hype even the announcement of an announcement to make this info a surprise in a Nintendo Direct which will probably have a much lower audience than usual Nintendo Directs?

Wouldn't be more wise to actually hype that. "NX reveal date will be announced in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Come and see". Not only you get a huge audience for whatever 3ds has still in store but you also build awareness.

TannerDemoz

*Nintendo direct begins to come to a close after Dragon Quest and new Pokemon news is announced*

Reggie - "And Nintendo fans, if you were waiting for news on the NX console, you'll just have to wait until NX time."

*canned laughter*

- End direct -

squid

I mean they're not really lying about NX info if they say "we're not releasing any information about NX today. That will be for another event, later this month on September 25th" or something.

Think that's still possible and doesn't go against what they said. Maybe not very likely, but possible.

It's not NX info, it's NX reveal event info

Believe

It's not NX reveal event info, it's Nintendo's next console reveal event info.
Joke

Wouldn't that be so stupid from a marketing perspective? In a world where everybody does everything to hype even the announcement of an announcement to make this info a surprise in a Nintendo Direct which will probably have a much lower audience than usual Nintendo Directs?

Wouldn't be more wise to actually hype that. "NX reveal date will be announced in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct. Come and see". Not only you get a huge audience for whatever 3ds has still in store but you also build awareness.

Exactly. Don't have any expectations for seeing NX.

squid

Your hypothetical there would literally be an announcement of an announcement of an announcement 😂 I mean, surely we're not that far are we? :p

Dystify

For those who can't watch it live: I will add a summary, video on demand (VOD) of each version of the Nintendo 3DS Direct & links to each new announcement thread on NeoGAF after it aired to the op. So feel free to come back to this topic after.

eu direct never happens on youtube

Oh okay.

Top Bottom