• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

ika

This thread's barely getting any movement compared to other direct threads. Seems like people are now angry at Nintendo everytime they do anything that's not announcing the NX.

It's difficult to be interested in this Direct for most of us. Yeah, I'll buy Dragon Quest 7&8 and Ace Attorney and all, but we already know those games. We want new titles and NX info, and more Zelda BotW...

Not sure if I'll watch this Direct. Not angry but not interested.

It would be amazing if at the end, they pretended wanting to talk about NX but then some technical interference happens and they're like "well then, looks like we have to postpone this to a later date"

Some people already think Nintendo is personally trolling them. May as well go all in.

Haha, yeah, it seems like some masterful trolling here (obviously it's not :p). Iwata said "more NX info in 2016" last year; when 2016 started Kimishima said "well, we meant 2016 FY, so starting April and we'll talk about NX"; when FY16 started he said "hmm, we'll talk about NX after E3"; and finally when E3 ended some Nintendo guy (Canada? Europe?) said "we'll start talking about NX this fall"... So yeah, it looks like real trolling when it's easy for Iwata, Kimishima and Reggie just to say last year: "we won't talk about NX until fall 2016 at the earliest" and don't play this donkey -> carrot thing this long... :p

If we get one surprise I'll be thrilled, for the most part all the upcoming 3ds games I'm excited for and while I want to know more (dq7 and 8, yokai watch 2, sun/moon, lady layton, ace attorney 6 off the top of my head) I know I'm already gonna buy and likely enjoy those so I'm not needing additional hype for them.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
No, but you sure can try and prioritise pleasing the large group of people who won't shut up. I don't remember any desperate clamouring for 3DS news lately you know?
They'll publish them because it'll get more clicks than a new trailer for Dragon Quest ever will. I agree that there's nothing wrong with what Nintendo are doing; but it does seem kinda tone deaf right now.

I would definitely way prefer that; because I'm a sucker for Ace Attorney news. (It's never happening though.) But I'm not the people angrily tweeting at Nintendo.
Is the tone "The 3DS is a piece of shit with nothing happening so let's promote something people will have to wait a considerable amount of time before they can get their hands on it?"

VegiHam

Is the tone "The 3DS is a piece of shit with nothing happening so let's promote something people will have to wait a considerable amount of time before they can get their hands on it?"

The tone is "People want NX news". Nintendo are, like, consistently just sort of ignoring that; rather than addressing it.

That doesn't make them wrong. But it is frustrating.

BY2K

Membero Americo
YQkpSOG.gif

Jokes aside, I don't know what Nintendo is thinking and I can't claim any inference about their business tactics. But sign me up for more 3ds stuff

Is that from his dancing Yokai-Watch sketch? This deserve way more use. His face his priceless.

Nia

I hope they have a few interesting games to show. If not, at least the disappointment of people who expect anything about NX will go good with breakfast.

Ekid

Rune Factory 5
New Advance Wars
The World Ends with You 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Baten Kaitos
Fire Emblem PoR/RD

Here we go.

Galava

Gotta say, nicely put thread. This should be the standard for this kind of things (if it isn't already) :p

Regarding the Direct, we are going to get DQVIII date for EU/US, something new about pokémon, info about the animal crossing update(?), reveal of update forpokémon RBY for allowing pokemon bank(?) and maybe something else, but i don't know

Just tell us about the damn amiibos , I want cloud X Bayonetta
I bet it'll be a 3 pack to just finish off the smash series , nobody wants Corrin

I also predict NES classic pre orders on GameStop , Amazon and Best Buy will start today

3DS gets N64 VC by a cart that adds Nintendo 64 support on the 3DS, must have it inserted to play N64 VC, the power of the cartridge
My dumbass prediction of the morning

Top Bottom