• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Thread in a nutshell.

latest

Your post in a nutshell.

latest

maxcriden

My biggest thing I would love is for Mother 3 to be announced for Wii U/New 3DS VC!

Please let this be it! And before someone says "it's only 3DS only", Nintendo has done it plenty of times where they say one thing and still show other things.

It's a GBA game, though. So it would probably be Wii U only. Not saying it's impossible, just pointing out that out.

Azoo

Neo Member
Nintendo played all of yous like a goddang fiddle, and noone wants to admit to their bamboozlement without pulling out the salt mound.

It's glorious, lol. You're getting NX news soon, kids. They're throwing curveballs on purpose. You know, to get your attention.

PS3 and 360?

2012-2013 still had crazy support for PS3 though. WiiU is finally completely dead since over a year games-wise and 3DS in a coma since after its last revision, excluding late localised niche RPGs. Apart from the Pokemon Go boost last month, 3DS sales in the west have also been almost as dead as WiiU since over a year. This might be the worst transition phase even by Nintendo standards.

Genio88

They reveal this NX thing to soon, now we are all Crazy about News and rumours... Who is to blame?

At this point they must be loling hard over our madness.

Indeed, i mean why don't they just tell us straight that it won't be announced this month or this year? That note "NX will not be discussed or revealed in this broadcast." clearly means that they're aware that everybody is expecting a reveal pretty soon and there is plenty of hype around it, so if that won't be the case why don't they just say it and stop this madness

JoeM86

2012-2013 still had crazy support for PS3 though. WiiU is finally completely dead since over a year games-wise and 3DS in a coma since after its last revision, excluding JRPGs that are getting late localisations. Apart from the Pokemon Go boost last month, 3DS sales in the west have also been almost as dead as WiiU since over a year. This might be the worst transition phase even by Nintendo standards.

Completely dead and in a coma despite lots of releases in the last year for Wii U and new products for the 3DS?

Yeah ok

HOLY SHIT. A new Direct. Can't wait for all the new game.^^ Lets hope all this game is announced.^^

1. Dragon Ball Fusion
2. Monster Hunter Stories
3. One Piece Grand Colosseum
4. Dragon Quest 7 and 8
5. RPG Maker Fes.
6. River City: Tokyo Rumble
7. Digimon Universe: Appli Monster
8. Harvest Moon: Skytree Village
9. Monster Strike 3DS
10. Puzzle and Dragon X

Soo many games to localized here. 3DS is killing my wallet.T_T

Don't Forget Culdcept Revolt.

D-Man

Hell yes. I'm not super thirsty for NX info, I just missed Directs in general so this is great news to me. I wonder what's gonna come up.

This will probably be the last big-ish direct focused on the 3DS, but what a ride it's been.

One last hurrah, before it can ride into the sunset for good. What an awesome platform it's been.

I want Etrian Odyssey V, Dragon Ball Fusion, and Monster Hunter Stories as new announcements.

Completely dead and in a coma despite lots of releases in the last year for Wii U and new products for the 3DS?

Yeah ok

It's joke support compared to any healthy platform with the same number of years since release. Especially WiiU, but that arguably never was alive to begin with. Worst droughts I've ever seen for a console from a major publisher.

Some Nobody

Yeah ok

lol.

If Nintendo ever gets out of gaming I bet it'll totally be the third-party developers and the gamers' faults, won't it?

BDGAME

OK, the 3DS can have the first Direct from September. But then next will be, for sure, the reveal of Wii U lineup for the end of the year.

Torokil

Yeah ok

Wii U has been dead since Smash Bros launched 2 years ago and 3DS is in hospice with a Sun/Moon IV connected to it.

udivision

Look on the bright side. They could reveal the date for the NX Direct.... right? Or at least hint at "later this month" instead of the broader "by the end of this year" thing

Well, at least we have an idea of what to expect.

Fingers crossed for new news, so we'll see. I'm less happy with Nintendo than I am other console competitors, however expectation management like this goes a long way with me.

JoeM86

It's joke support compared to any healthy platform with the same numbers of years since release. Especially WiiU, but that arguably never was alive to begin with. Worst droughts I've ever seen for a console from a major publisher.

Ok, show me significant first party support on the other consoles that is larger and then we'll agree.

Why are you expecting Nintendo to not just be a first party producer, but also be all the third parties as well? It's not logical to think like that.

Wii U has been dead since Smash Bros launched 2 years ago and 3DS is in hospice with a Sun/Moon IV connected to it.

Since Smash Bros, we've had Splatoon and Mario Maker, among others. Yeah, completely dead. Use your head.

Why Nintendo revealed a new 3DS days before a Direct?
And why Reggie made that video?

That's really strange.

Also, Nintendo is publishing some Zelda videos lately. They are up to something, but what?

I think Nintendo uses a random number generator to plan their strategy.

Menitta

There are 2 games I'll get on 3DS in the foreseeable future. Ace Attorney and Pokemon.

You mean to tell me there are enough games in development to warrant a direct? I don't believe you, Nintendo.

Peléo;215427654 said:

Pretty much. I can't say I'm interested much in handheld gaming nowadays (though I do have a 3DS). Will still watch though.

Also wonder how long the direct will be? I'd be surprised if it was more than 30 minutes TBH.

They gotta' announce all those new 3DS games to make up for the NX's new Holiday 2017 launch.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point

Ever since the delay was first announced, this is what I've largely been anticipating.

And if the software (post-)launch lineup was still weak / had droughts, I would be surprised either.

3DS and Wii U will still get support in 2017...

lol

I could buy the 3DS getting support but I would be surprised if the Wii U got even five (non-delayed, ergo non-Zelda: BOTW) games from Nintendo next year.

Look on the bright side. They could reveal the date for the NX Direct.... right? Or at least hint at "later this month" instead of the broader "by the end of this year" thing
Just think in your head they won't say a word about NX, unless the big announcement at the end would be the NX reveal date, but they said no NX talk though.

maxcriden

I completely forgot about Detective Pikachu, any chance of that getting a localization?

I'm hoping so! I was saying elsewhere in the thread that I hope that will be an "available now" game for this Direct.

Realistic expectations:

- New Sun/Moon clip, starter evos and Rockruff evos revealed. Some new concept is shown.
- Info on Disney 2 and YW2
- Dates for Ever Oasis (january) and DQ8 (february)
- Localization announcements for: Dragon Ball Fusion, One Piece Grand Battle, Digimon Appli Monsters, DQMJ3 and Yokai Busters. Maybe that Culdcept game.
- Brand new first party game is revealed. My money is on Kirby or Wario but a followup to Link Between Words is viable too (it really is)

Whoa! On this last one. You really think there's a major 3DS game yet to be revealed? That'd be great news but at this point I figured we pretty much knew the remaining lineup....

Let us complain, Nintendo has been shit towards us for what feels like forever.
Then why not buy a new console or upgrade your PC..? There are plenty of games out there that scratch that Nintendo itch. Colorful, fun, and inventive games like Grow Home capture the innovation and whimsy you expect from a Nintendo title. The depth and feel of adventure in games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne build on what was established in games like Zelda and Metroid. Then there's games like Axiom Verge straight up replicate class game design.

There are games out there for Nintendo fans, I don't know why some of you people don't just get other systems haha

wrowa

Then perhaps the timing of the direct itself is a bit off.

I can't really see them being forced to announce hardware that's launching in the same week, either way.

The Directs happen worldwide at the same time, which means that you can't take all preferences of every subsidiary into consideration. Sometimes you just end up with announcements that slip through the Direct radar, especially when it's something like the Galaxy 3DS which apparently is exclusive to just one region.

Dystify

Guys, they explicitly stated that there will be no NX reveal or discussion in the Direct, so probably no reveal of NX announcement date. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I mean, I hope for this announcement myself, but it's better to go in with low expectations so if it does happen it'd be a happy surprise.

Top Bottom