• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New previews of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Lol, c'mon, someone post the icon, the suspense is killing me

Donkey-Kong-Rabbid-burp.png

How "Mario-ey" are the enemies overall? I'm a bit disappointed that a lot of the Rabbid enemies and
the World 2 mid- and end bosses
don't seem to be based on Mario characters in any recognizable way.

How is everyone getting this game early?!

It's a Tuesday release and also a Bank Holiday this coming Monday over here in the UK. Online retailers shipped them early to make sure they arrived on time.

It wasn't just this, Yakuza and Everybody's Golf also got shipped early by many retailers.

Yeah it's kind of upsetting tbh. Everyone is somehow getting the game early and I can't get the game until next Friday, which makes it even worse.

I know that Ubistore shipped very early. Some Dutch guys on budgetgaming.nl received the game even yesterday. Ubi breaking its own streetdate 😆

Neiteio

YES

YES

YESSSSSS

That is one handsome icon!

The ๖ۜBronx;247045184 said:

The icon passes the Neiteio test. The galaxy is at peace.

Boi we dodged a bullet.

godisreal.gif

I agree an icon consistent with Switch is important.
Ha, glad everything worked out

Toxi

Banned
How "Mario-ey" are the enemies overall? I'm a bit disappointed that a lot of the Rabbid enemies and
the World 2 mid- and end bosses
don't seem to be based on Mario characters in any recognizable way.
I actually love this. I've already seen enough Mario enemies to last me a lifetime.

Majora

It's just dawned on me what the soundtrack reminds me of - Viva Piñata. Which I LOVED the soundtrack of. Looked it up and Grant Kirkhope did that soundtrack as well which makes perfect sense. There are very occasional Banjo Kazooie vibes in the soundtrack but generally it's Viva Piñata all over which makes me very happy.

Neiteio

I think reviewers will cap the MC at 85-ish because it's Rabbids, and that way they can give Odyssey a 10/10 without feeling like they're handing out 10s like candy. Kinda like how you never give certain genres perfect scores because you have to save perfect scores for games that try to be like movies and would impress your mum.

"Medium"

Bloody brutal mission:
5 Piranha plants, 3 chomps.
Battle starts with party separated at the edges of map. 3 plants in the middle, surrounded by 3 chomps.

As soon as a plant dies, another spawns in two turns, and they spawn after the chomp phase, meaning they scatter immediately to the edges of the map....Therefore leaving you as the chomp targets.
Epic battle!

Man, level 2-4 was a massive endurance test.

Trying to keep Toad alive, while making you way across a massive map, with enemies attacking constantly, was a toughie.

Tough but satisfying level.

"Medium"

Bloody brutal mission:
Battle starts with party separated at the edges of map. 3 plants in the middle, surrounded by 3 chomps.

As soon as a plant dies, another spawns in two turns, and they spawn after the chomp phase, meaning they scatter immediately to the edges of the map....Therefore leaving you as the chomp targets.
Epic battle!

I had a try of that earlier but could only whittle them down to 4 before my whole team got wiped out.

Nintendo still going for this technological edge over the PS2.

I mean, i love Nintendo but it's sickening how they are always two generation behind on those kind of stuff. Without mentioning the voice chat pandemonium.

It'll be on the Switch eventually. You can pre-load certain titles on 3DS and Wii U.

There's tons of missing features on Switch, because they clearly launched the system a bit early.

I really happy to hear people talking about the game being challenging. I was worried it would err on the easy side, especially given the amount of depth combat seems to have.

Wamb0wneD

"Medium"

Bloody brutal mission:

Epic battle!

That Toad Rabbid looks hilarious.

I am so mad that the only place I knew around here that regularly broke street dates for games closed down. I want this now, but I'm stuck by the shore all weekend and have no time to go to New York City or Philly. :/

maxcriden

Nintendo still going for this technological edge over the PS2.

I mean, i love Nintendo but it's sickening how they are always two generation behind on those kind of stuff. Without mentioning the voice chat pandemonium.

FWIW, they had preload covered on 3DS and Wii U. Here's hoping they add it to Switch soon.

FWIW, they had preload covered on 3DS and Wii U. Here's hoping they add it to Switch soon.

They're probably a little hesitant on doing a preload after Breath of the Wild leaked from the Wii U preload.

No one in NJ has found a place to grab this early, right? Somewhere in Ocean County preferably.

Top Bottom