• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia 2 video - The Final Battle (must see!)

Solid

Wario64 said:
The Final Battle? Are they showing the ending? :p
No hehe, I forgot to mention it.. it don't show the ending. That would be pretty stupid by Ubi :)

It's a very cool FMV trailer. Awesome stuff, especially at the end.

Solid

New site btw.

http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/uk/home2.php

Direct link to the GOTY trailer: ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/pop2/videos/POPWW_the_final_battle_EMEA.zip

Boobs too :D

w04-800.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
This new game looks really good, should I bother picking up the first or should I just go straight to this one when it comes out?

Solid

DarienA said:
This new game looks really good, should I bother picking up the first or should I just go straight to this one when it comes out?
I think you should get Sands of Time. Dunno how connective WW will be to SoT but it's a really great game so you should play it none the less. It's really cheap too, plus it got a lot of GOTY awards last year :)

8/10 IMO. Everything is great except the fighting, but thankfully there aren't too many of those.

nitewulf

DarienA said:
you should definitely get the first one, the sequel might very well be better, but first one is VERY enjoyable. for 20 bucks...cant miss it.

Did I say the art director is a goth dumb fuck?

Sure he's a talent hack.... but still WHY make it full of angst?

Pissed off hero's are no longer flavor of the month.

Solid

Here's the story. Sounds really good :)

Our story begins a few years after the conclusion of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The Prince has returned home to Babylon, to find himself hunted by a supernatural creature bent on his destruction. Forced to live a life on the run, he seeks counsel from an old mystic, who explains that his actions have spawned an immortal incarnation of Fate, known as the Dahaka. In his quest to save the Sultan's palace from destruction, the Prince created a rift in the Timeline.

Hunted by the Dahaka, the Prince embarks upon a path of both carnage and mystery to defy his preordained death, as he quickly comes to realize that there's only one possible way to stay alive: journey to the birthplace of the Sands of Time, find a way to travel back into the past, and stop the Sands from being created. Without the Sands, the Prince's last adventure will not occur - and the Dahaka will vanish. His journey leads him to the infernal core of a cursed island stronghold harboring mankind's greatest fears.

Dahaka

gd-dahaka.gif

:eek!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I mind boobs, because I don't, But I despise when they design femal warrior armor as essentially metal bathing suits.

That doesn't protect shit. Why not plate armor with cleavage window? ;)

belgurdo

Banned
scola said:
Not that I mind boobs, because I don't, But I despise when they design femal warrior armor as essentially metal bathing suits.

That doesn't protect shit. Why not plate armor with cleavage window? ;)

Why no complaints about the shirtless, unarmored Prince?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
belgurdo said:
Why no complaints about the shirtless, unarmored Prince?
He is not wearing armor at all.

I don't mind the scantly clad, its the armor that isn't armor that just kind of bothers me. Nothing that would keep me from picking up a great game though :D

AniHawk

I'm so glad UbiSoft was able to take all the charm out of Prince of Persia after Sands of Time. God knows there weren't enough dark, gritty games this gen.

aoi tsuki

AniHawk said:
I'm so glad UbiSoft was able to take all the charm out of Prince of Persia after Sands of Time. God knows there weren't enough dark, gritty games this gen.
i don't know what's worse, making the sequel to a non-gritty game gritty, and then adding a weak plot to support it (Jak 2), or just making it gritty without bothering to explain why.

i'm glad they broke up the monotony with areas like this:

POP2_PC_05.jpg

Regardless of how it looks, i'm hoping they kept some of the platforming elements of the original while adding to the combat.

Solid

I find this really interesting and cool.

The Empress of Time

While the Empress of Time is mortal, and by all outward appearances seems to be a beautiful woman, she is certainly not human. She was made eons ago by the Gods, an unwitting byproduct of the creation of the Timeline. She carries part of the Timeline within her, and as a result is incredibly powerful. While she exists only in the past, she commands a virtually unstoppable army of sand monsters in the present as well. When the Old Man warns the Prince about the Island of Time, he is most vocal about the Empress. She is matchless in her cunning and her strength, and completely without mercy.

empress.jpg

My bet is that it is her that chases the prince at the end of the video.

Deepthroat said:
I think you should get Sands of Time. Dunno how connective WW will be to SoT but it's a really great game so you should play it none the less. It's really cheap too, plus it got a lot of GOTY awards last year :)

8/10 IMO. Everything is great except the fighting, but thankfully there aren't too many of those.

No. Just no. go find my POP thread and read the comments there.

HERE

6.7/10

teiresias

For the freaking zillionth time, there's plenty of puzzles and platformming in this game.

And I bet he yells out profanities when he slips from a ledge in this game. Or he calls whatever sidekick he has in this one derogatory female names - you know, to give the game that edgy, adult feel that is obviously being so desperately sought.

Top Bottom