• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 System Software Public Beta

GrayDock

Just got the e-mail, downloading now to test this 3D audio profile.

Main updates from this System Software Beta Program:

• You can now create a personalized 3D audio profile for your headphones that's optimized to each user's ears. This allows for a more immersive 3D audio experience than ever before.
o Each 3D audio profile is uniquely optimized for each user, created by taking detailed measurements of how you hear 3D audio through headphones.
o To create a personalized 3D audio for your headphones, go to [Settings] > [Sound] > [3D Audio (Headphones)].
o You can still select from 3D audio presets like before.

• Adaptive charging for your controller is now available for when your PS5® console is in rest mode. Adaptive charging allows the duration of power supply during rest mode to adjust depending on how much battery your controller has left, helping save power.
oTo use adaptive charging, go to [Settings] > [System] > [Power Saving] > [Features Available in Rest Mode], and then select [Supply Power to USB Ports] > [Adaptive].
o Adaptive charging is supported on the PS5 CFI-2000 model group, using the USB Type-C port. Adaptive charging works with the DualSense® wireless controller, DualSense Edge™ wireless controller, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and Access™ controller.
o After your PS5 console enters rest mode, if a controller isn't connected, the power supply to the USB port will stop after a certain period of time.

• You can now set who can connect to the PS5 console using Remote Play by user.
o Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Remote Play] > [Enable Remote Play], and turn on the user who can use Remote Play.

• The restore licenses feature has been improved, and you can now restore one license at a time.
o Go to [Settings] > [Users and Accounts] > [Other] > [Restore Licenses] to select the license that you want to restore.
o To restore a license from the home screen or Game Library, go to the game, press the options button, and then select [Restore License] from the menu.

• We’ve added a friendly recommendation about your storage space that you’ll sometimes see in [Settings] > [Storage].

• We've made it simpler to access the most popular activities from game hubs.
o Game hubs now only display activities that are currently in progress.
o To play a specific activity, start the game first and find it using in-game menus.

• The [Invite to New Game] option, which is available from multiple locations, is no longer available when sending game invites.
o To invite friends to a game session, start the game first, then send the invitation to the session.

• We've improved system software performance and stability.

• We've improved the messages and usability on some screens.

And for you that read it all, 4 people can redeem it too:
6LPQ-M95J-K55T
First come, first served.
Enjoy.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Can we get an update that allows backup saves to USB?

Sick 'em EU.

Barking Bad Dog GIF by TRT

omegasc

US code, 4 left:
GK86-LD9J-TMPL

Tried the new profiling: sometimes it's just hard to feel proper height. But on some games it's clear, like GT7. Don't know what to make of it.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
• The restore licenses feature has been improved, and you can now restore one license at a time.
o Go to [Settings] > [Users and Accounts] > [Other] > [Restore Licenses] to select the license that you want to restore.
o To restore a license from the home screen or Game Library, go to the game, press the options button, and then select [Restore License] from the menu.
Mixed Martial Arts Wow GIF by UFC

realcool

FYI: When creating a personalized 3d audio profile, you can only repeat each sound test once by pressing triangle. If you go "AFK" during a choice, it will bring up a screen telling you not to think so hard and replay the sound after you confirm you're not AFK (or thinking too hard lol).

Three

Thanks for proving my point:

We also know (according to Cerny) that the PS5 is fully capable to use custom/personalized HRTF profiles by analyzing a photo of your ears (this would probably require a cloud AI backend that costs tons of money):

Does that mean it's not technically possible, just because Sony hasn't delivered this feature yet?

What are you gonna say when nVidia delivers this feature first in the market? That Sony or Cerny was "wrong"?

Some things would be very different if we didn't have all these financial meltdowns (Lehman Brothers back in 2008-2009 and COVID craziness in 2020-2021).

Companies/investors are forced to do cutbacks and then engineers do not have the necessary capital to fulfill their vision.

nVidia does have the necessary cloud AI backend to deliver a lot of things.

I'm pretty sure Sony headsets already do this ( I know my XM4 asked for a picture of my ears for 360 Reality Audio) :

But Cerny said "years down the line" we might be able to use this in games with a profile on the console.

There you go buddy. It's happened.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
We getting more FW updates than 1st party games this year.
Yeah but the amount of useful features in the updates is less then the 1st games we get.
62AF-39ND-PJ85
Should have 4 more uses left

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How does this not have it? The PS3 even featured this wtf.
The PS3 has a lot of features that the PS5 doesn't, it's actually jarring switching one on in 2024 knowing it was made in 2006 because it don't look it until you reach the playstation store.

Kerotan

Yeah but the amount of useful features in the updates is less then the 1st games we get.
62AF-39ND-PJ85
Should have 4 more uses left
Legend just used it via the app. I'll be home and on my playstation for the first time in 3 weeks in a few days. Nice welcome back present!

Fair play to all the boys here dropping codes.

Duchess

Can we get an update that allows backup saves to USB?
Sony said the reason they didn't allow this is because they didn't want people to hack their saves and give themselves advantages in multiplayer.

Well, all they needed to do was introduce a feature where the developer could block USB backups per title. I believe the PS2 had this feature. That way, single player games could allow for backups, but not multiplayer titles.

Of course, what Sony really wants is for us to sub to PS+.

Last edited:
Sony said the reason they didn't allow this is because they didn't want people to hack their saves and give themselves advantages in multiplayer.

Well, all they needed to do was introduce a feature where the developer could block USB backups per title. I believe the PS2 had this feature. That way, single player games could allow for backups, but not multiplayer titles.

Of course, what Sony really wants is for us to sub to PS+.
This excuse is stupid, considering the fact online MP games don't use local saves to store MP data, but server/cloud services.

Who told you this?

Forth

Neophyte
Just got my twenty year old account permanently suspended for a reason I can't comprehend.
I don't play online and my account is fully locked down for privacy.
No charge backs or anything like that, only thing I've done in the last month is get Concord pre-order canceled.
Looks like I'll need to contact support Monday morning.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Just got my twenty year old account permanently suspended for a reason I can't comprehend.
No charge backs or anything like that, only thing I've done in the last month is get Concord pre-order canceled.
Good luck. Do you have 2fa set up?

Unknown?

Brah, you don't just cancel this year's biggest hit.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Got the invite as well. Seems the 3D profile Mark Cerny talked about in the Road to PS5 video is finally here.

Good.luck setting it up - it's got to be the most convoluted setup in the history of setups.

- sound starts playing for 2 seconds, repeats only once
- can't quite understand where it's coming from.
- you can only repeat the sound one more time by pressing Δ
- You now have to choose where you think the sound came of from the screen graphic.
- Can't decide ? tough luck, if you press back, you get thrown to the initial menu.
- The final step with the circle/circular sound...LMAO, good luck understanding/setting that up.

- Repeat 6 more times the same shit

This isn't the proper way, shit needs to be easier from.both a visual and sound point of view to set it all up

Last edited:

omegasc

I think they said it will only work on newer PS5 (Slim) models? Why is that?
Only de adaptive charging is for the slim. The rest is for all models. Probably a newer version IC that allows it. I expect more of these, like the full speed hdmi thing (42? 48? can't remember), on the slim and the PS5 Pro. PS4 Pro also had some small improvements, like increased remote play bandwidth.

Unknown?

Good.luck setting it up - it's got to be the most convoluted setup in the history of setups.

- sound starts playing for 2 seconds, repeats only once
- can't quite understand where it's coming from.
- you can only repeat the sound one more time by pressing Δ
- You now have to choose where you think the sound came of from the screen graphic.
- Can't decide ? tough luck, if you press back, you get thrown to the initial menu.
- The final step with the circle/circular sound...LMAO, good luck understanding/setting that up.

- Repeat 6 more times the same shit

This isn't the proper way, shit needs to be easier from.both a visual and sound point of view to set it all up
Yeah. Some sounds seem closer than others but there's no way to choose distance and some don't even sound like from a specific point.

Top Bottom