• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. Tempted to get it on iTunes as I prefer all my digital music purchases to be in one place, but I'll inevitably get any physical edition WASTE has on sale. Potential double dip incoming...

Radiohead’s ninth and final album is a haunting collection of shapeshifting rock, dystopian lullabies, and vast spectral beauty. Though you’ll hear echoes of their previous work—the remote churn of “Daydreaming,” the feverish ascent and spidery guitar of “Ful Stop,” Jonny Greenwood’s terrifying string flourishes—A Moon Shaped Pool is both familiar and wonderfully elusive, much like its unforgettable closer. A live favorite since the mid-‘90s, “True Love Waits” has been re-imagined in the studio as a weightless, piano-driven meditation that grows more exquisite as it gently floats away.

Helmholtz

Tracklist from iTunes:

Burn the Witch
Daydreaming
Decks Dark
Desert Island Disk
Ful Stop
Glass Eyes
Identikit
The Numbers
Present Tense
Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggars Man Thief
True Love Waits
Listening to it all the way through, it sounds right to me. It flows nicely.
This is one of the best things they've ever done.
Radiohead’s ninth and final album is a haunting collection of shapeshifting rock, dystopian lullabies, and vast spectral beauty. Though you’ll hear echoes of their previous work—the remote churn of “Daydreaming,” the feverish ascent and spidery guitar of “Ful Stop,” Jonny Greenwood’s terrifying string flourishes—A Moon Shaped Pool is both familiar and wonderfully elusive, much like its unforgettable closer. A live favorite since the mid-‘90s, “True Love Waits” has been re-imagined in the studio as a weightless, piano-driven meditation that grows more exquisite as it gently floats away.
FINAL????
Jesus, so quick with the hyperbole. Perhaps it is? But honestly it will need to be digested for a few months before that claim can be made not on a first listen.
I've only listened once. But this is already up there for me, no joke. And I know, new album, gotta give it time etc etc, but this is fantastic stuff.

robotrock

Banned
The tracklist is totally in alphabetical order. The transition between Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief and True Love Waits feels a lot like the transition between Like Spinning Plates and Life in a Glasshouse.
FINAL????

No it doesn't say that

Horseress

i hate you

amnesiac

NOT FUNNY

nin1000

Banned

You got to be fucking kidding me !

lol fake

robotrock

Banned
it doesn't say final

Radiohead’s ninth album is a haunting collection of shapeshifting rock, dystopian lullabies, and vast spectral beauty. Though you’ll hear echoes of their previous work—the remote churn of “Daydreaming,” the feverish ascent and spidery guitar of “Ful Stop,” Jonny Greenwood’s terrifying string flourishes—A Moon Shaped Pool is both familiar and wonderfully elusive, much like its unforgettable closer. A live favorite since the mid-‘90s, “True Love Waits” has been re-imagined in the studio as a weightless, piano-driven meditation that grows more exquisite as it gently floats away.

Skatterd

Just out of curiosity: What makes Google Play Music the best streaming service? I personally love Spotify. Haven't tried anything other than Apple Music and Deezer otherwise though.

For me it's a clean UI I prefer, seems faster than the others for me, easy upload of songs from your own library and easy relabeling & management, etc.

RDreamer

So cruel lmao

Horseress

It doesn't say final guys

Editors’ Notes
Radiohead’s ninth album is a haunting collection of shapeshifting rock, dystopian lullabies, and vast spectral beauty. Though you’ll hear echoes of their previous work—the remote churn of “Daydreaming,” the feverish ascent and spidery guitar of “Ful Stop,” Jonny Greenwood’s terrifying string flourishes—A Moon Shaped Pool is both familiar and wonderfully elusive, much like its unforgettable closer. A live favorite since the mid-‘90s, “True Love Waits” has been re-imagined in the studio as a weightless, piano-driven meditation that grows more exquisite as it gently floats away.

Xun

Haha, evil!

Oh man. Tempted to get it on iTunes as I prefer all my digital music purchases to be in one place, but I'll inevitably get any physical edition WASTE has on sale. Potential double dip incoming...
Hopefully there's a digital + physical option available...

Xrenity

Haha fuck you dude.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Alphabetical is the correct track order. Now everyone stop acting like there's some secret goin on
zWVbK.gif

Still waiting out for WASTE, having one last listen through of The King of Limbs before the festivities begin.

I think I was one of the few who didn't think this record was trash upon first listening. Definitely not their best, but a solid album with very interesting ideas. Bloom is one of the best tracks they've ever produced.

Altazor

Like that'll actually happen with Radiohead fans. I'm already primed for the "A Moon Shaped Pool Part II" theories.

I'm reminded of what happened back when Tool released 10,000 Days - some fans were absolutely convinced the album was a "decoy" or "hoax" and that the real successor to Lateralus was coming later.

That happened 10 years ago, and there's still no new Tool album.

Damn.

Helmholtz

The studio version of True Love Waits is really throwing me off after listening to the live acoustic version for so long. It's good but so different. It fits the album I think.

Ful Stop is an all-timer for me, I think. It hits that same vein that There, There does. It settles on groove and fucking strangles you with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom