• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reminded of what happened back when Tool released 10,000 Days - some fans were absolutely convinced the album was a "decoy" or "hoax" and that the real successor to Lateralus was coming later.

That happened 10 years ago, and there's still no new Tool album.

Damn.

Hell of a decoy album. Always found that disrespectful, especially when Wings was on that album.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
waiting on google to put the album on the play store here like

553a98434aa21808310057d3.jpg

kulapik

wait wut

This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.
The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...
Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.
We have copies. Don't worry.

Helmholtz

The colour in anything is IMHO his most solid work to date but this is on another level...
Yeah this is basically everything I could hope for in a modern day Radiohead record. I feel like it combines all their best sounds from their past several records, dating back to OKC.

Bought the physical CD. Can't justify the £60 special edition, so hoping the extra tracks get made available separately, which they normally do.

BruceCLea

Banned
Jesus, so quick with the hyperbole. Perhaps it is? But honestly it will need to be digested for a few months before that claim can be made not on a first listen.

I know all their albums front to back. All the b-sides. Everything. As a whole, it's just a complete work. It's a masterpiece. I would tell everyone if it was shit. But there's not a weak track. Not a not great track. It's In Rainbows 2.0.

I got an order confirmation from Waste for the MP3 but can't find the download link

Edit: nevermind, just arrived. Was ~5 minute delay.

AgeEighty

I purchased the special edition with the WAV download. I'm trying to extract the album, but in the process, I'm getting an error that Daydreaming is a corrupt file. I've re-downloaded the file again and tried two different extractors, but nothing is working.

Anyone else having this problem?

robotrock

Banned
I purchased the special edition with the WAV download. I'm trying to extract the album, but in the process, I'm getting an error that Daydreaming is a corrupt file. I've re-downloaded the file again and tried two different extractors, but nothing is working.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yup, me!!!

I've downloaded it twice now and both times it had an error with extracting Daydreaming. Tried extracting it with windows and WinRAR, but nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom