• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Sadly, this new music isn't doing as much for me as I was hoping it would. I heard it would be a new direction for the band and unlike anything they've done, but it really isn't. I was blown away when I picked up Kid A on release day and was hoping for a reaction like that with this album.

Sadly, this new music isn't doing as much for me as I was hoping it would. I heard it would be a new direction for the band and unlike anything they've done, but it really isn't. I was blown away when I picked up Kid A on release day and was hoping for a reaction like that with this album.

It sounds pretty new to me. Feels intimate yet sweeping and cinematic. There is an intimate, warmth to Thom's vocals this time too. And the production has a different vibe to it...hard to explain. Can't wait to hear the whole album.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Oh shit, you got the album?!

SpaceWolf

Banned
Listening to Radiohead always makes me feel insanely depressed. They're obviously an amazing band..but so much of their music is so disturbing and bleak.

This new album seems to have shaped up into something incredible, though. I'll have to check it out.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sad radiohead is aweome radiohead.

Getting some bulletproof and how to disappear completely vibes from this. So far I'm digging the vibe in these songs more than most of stuff in king of limbs.

megalowho

Sadly, this new music isn't doing as much for me as I was hoping it would. I heard it would be a new direction for the band and unlike anything they've done, but it really isn't.
I get what you're saying - the dreamy ballad of sadness is a kind of song Radiohead has written multiples times before, usually one allotted per album. They're all nice in their own way, but it kind of fits into what's expected from the band at this point.

That being said I do feel they're playing in a different sound space, Jonny's work scoring movies has upped his arrangement game and they're leaning into it. There's potential for a great album depending on how it all fits once complete.

yepyepyep

Seems like it is going to be a very Jonny string based album, which is a good thing because his OST work is the most interesting out of the radiohead side projects.

TheMan

b35d691e.jpg

They look so dead inside

they look like they picked up heroin habits

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i dunno, I think Yorke well grew into his old wizard face

Pavaloo

this song really takes me over half way

can't wait to see how the album sounds

edit: thom looks sick, i've been liking the new look since tkol

Danielsan

Jesus fuck. The new song is fantastic. I've also done a full 180 on Burn The Witch. That track is just fucking sweet with a good pair of headphones on. Can't wait for the album on Sunday!

i'll wait for Amazon MP3 to have it up first this time.

i tried buying their last album directly through their site like they did with In Rainbows, but none of the files in the zip had extensions, and when i manually set them the album art wouldn't open, and all of the tracks had audio issues. even after i redownloaded.

Griss

I have to admit that I got a shock seeing Thom looking so old. Even when he did that video for Ingenue with Atoms for Peace (not that long ago) he looked fantastic. Hoping he was looking intentionally disheveled.

Oreoleo

I liked the new song for the first minute or so, and then it doesn't go anywhere for the next 5.

Meh.

And yeah Thom looks a straight mess.

Slygmous

Both these songs are amazing, getting major Kid A vibes from the song-writing (but not necessarily production). Feels like a natural progression from the 2000-2001 sessions in a way.

Due to the lack of album track listing, I choose to delude myself into thinking it's heavily guarded due to megatons included (eg: Lift, Man-o-War). I look forward to disappointing myself.

ShowDog

I was pretty tentative after Burn the Witch, but Daydreaming is the kind of music I've been hoping for (beautiful song) and it made me appreciate Burn the Witch all the more realizing it's going to be a counterpunch to (hopefully) an album full of these sort of tunes.

I think this is going to be another great album

Both these songs are amazing, getting major Kid A vibes from the song-writing (but not necessarily production). Feels like a natural progression from the 2000-2001 sessions in a way.

Due to the lack of album track listing, I choose to delude myself into thinking it's heavily guarded due to megatons included (eg: Lift, Man-o-War). I look forward to disappointing myself.

I'm worried myself. I want Identikit but i'm afraid the album centering around an Orchestra probably won't make the cut. I hope Open the Floodgates is in tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom