• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon

pYolT.png

Binky Barnes?

PS3 Arthur game confirmed!

He's taking over the world
holding-page.jpg

I don't see how a Sony studio developing an exclusive game is shocking though, unless it's based on a license.

PR obviously. Do you think the VGA would be allowed to put up a quote like that without Sony's okay or without it having come from Sony themselves?

Globox_82

Banned
Yep. Absolutely.

I actually love the logo as well, even if it's super simple (one might say "lazy").

Love the name, however I think that it is not very good for marketing.
Just imagine some 13 year old that doesn't read gaming sites walking in a store and looking at boxes. He sees something named "The Last of us". What does he think? That's gay!
Moving on. It doesn't have that effect like kid names "God of War" and "Gears of War".

Unless they make some horrible cover with some monster face staring at you.

Kyon

Banned
Love the name, however I think that it is not very good for marketing.
Just imagine some 13 year old that doesn't read gaming sites walking in a store and looking at boxes. He sees something named "The Last of us". What does he think? That's gay!
Moving on. It doesn't have that effect like kid names "God of War" and "Gears of War".

Unless they make some horrible cover with some monster face staring at you.
tumblr_ljcvqjli8q1qh4bkao1_500.gif

Globox_82

Banned
Eh? He's not saying it. He's imitating a teenager and what they might say. I went to the midnight release of MW3 with a friend for the spectacle. I counted 12 people that said "faggot", 8 said "gay", 3 said "homo".

thank you for using your brain, unlike person above. That's why I said it. It's crazy and sad how often kids use it. I bet you if you watch some random yt video with two teen kids they will say those words.

Hopefully the reveal trailer will explain some things:

How does the infection occurs, how it affects the host and how it became a worldwide threat.

If they are using the corydceps just to explain usual zombie behaviour (bite others) it would be pretty fucking lame. Why? Because this isn't rabies. Or better:

Looking at how the cordyceps act on ants, they try to maximize the infection rate by staying near the colony, and changes in height, humidity and temperature directly affects their chance.

Now looking at fungi infection in humans none are known for direct transmission. Mostly are airborne, which would make sense for the worldwide threat. So then, it goes hand in hand with the actual cordyceps.

But humans wouldn't present similar behaviors (climb, hold and die) to infect others right? Maybe. It could be presented in different stages as the infection spreads. Since the human brain is rather complex, it could take a while til the person loses sense. Which would help the drama of the infected. As for the final deed, while people wouldn't be climbing trees, most populous cities have buildings. Silent deaths at building tops could give enough space and 'victims' for the airbone spores. But not necessarily everyone would have to die in high ground. Given quarentine zones, any person infected that die in such concentrated areas would present a risk.

Then since I believe this game is post-cataclysm, this would give better alternatives story-wise than the usual chew and transform end-all.

Mush

thank you for using your brain, unlike person above. That's why I said it. It's crazy and sad how often kids use it. I bet you if you watch some random yt video with two teen kids they will say those words.
Don't fuck with Gay-GAF, man.

Man.

Globox_82

Banned
Hopefully the reveal trailer will explain some things:

How does the infection occurs, how it affects the host and how it became a worldwide threat.

If they are using the corydceps just to explain usual zombie behaviour (bite others) it would be pretty fucking lame. Why? Because this isn't rabies. Or better:

Looking at how the cordyceps act on ants, they try to maximize the infection rate by staying near the colony, and changes in height, humidity and temperature directly affects their chance.

Now looking at fungi infection in humans none are known for direct transmission. Mostly are airborne, which would make sense for the worldwide threat. So then, it goes hand in hand with the actual cordyceps.

But humans wouldn't present similar behaviors (climb, hold and die) to infect others right? Maybe. It could be presented in different stages as the infection spreads. Since the human brain is rather complex, it could take a while til the person loses sense. Which would help the drama of the infected. As for the final deed, while people wouldn't be climbing trees, most populous cities have buildings. Silent deaths at building tops could give enough space and 'victims' for the airbone spores. But not necessarily everyone would have to die in high ground. Given quarentine zones, any person infected that die in such concentrated areas would present a risk.

Then since I believe this game is post-cataclysm, this would give better alternatives story-wise than the usual chew and transform end-all.

If it is SSM I expect good explanation. However if it Epic, I expect "Let's run over here for no reason, grab that gun, blow that things face"

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The 'screenshots' don't look like UE3 :p

(Then again, methinks they aren't really screenshots)

But I still think, whatever the explanation, there must be something surprising about the context or the background of the project for Geoff to be talking about it the way he is. Assuming, again, that he isn't going completely over-the-top for hype's sake.

I guess we'll see.

edit - do we know if the trademark has been registered?

Pachimari

Please no guns or weapons in this game.

Would be awesome for it to be survival horror, where you are powerless if you come up against one of these infected.

monome

I think it will be PlantsVsZombies Rated R edition with blood, gore, cursing and FULL nudity.

Infecting Fungus Pussy and Giant Dicks coming out of your head.

Please no guns or weapons in this game.

Would be awesome for it to be survival horror, where you are powerless if you come up against one of these infected.

I hardly see someone not even trying to throw a rock or chair at a zombie to survive. But it may be a David Cage game and come with a fuck ton of QTE to get around carrying a gun or something.

Globox_82

Banned
#Oop didnt read that right. My bad lol

no prob

it's shocking because it's a horror game

Is it? I just hope after it's been show gafers don't focus on what geoff said. Instead just discuss the game. It is his job to hype games, and we don't know if it was Sony that asked from him to say those things. So in the end who cares what he says, if game delivers and I am sure (now) that it will. Honestly I am grateful that he is doing this show. It is obvious that it is getting better each year, not that I care about awards, but we need one more "mini" E3 in a year and this is slowly becoming that.
I am not going to lie I only care to see reveals, every single one of them. It gives me that E3 feel for a day or two.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, this is going to be Quantic Dream's new thing, isn't it? :(

nib95

Banned
You know what, I still have no clue what this game will be, but you can at least (usually) rely on Sony games to wow with the visuals. And even the first screenshot above looks promising.

Globox_82

Banned

QD is SCEE, this is SCEA. Tags on yt video say survival horror, riots, etc. doesn't sound like QD project. And I doubt Geoff would call QD "absolutely amazing developer". they are not there yet. With their next game they might be, but not yet. And it this sounds like a more "regular" game with monsters. David doesn't like stuff like that.

Of course this is just my opinion. that said I can't wait to see next QD game. It's called Infraworld
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-04-quantic-dreams-infraworld-trademarked
Although there is a rumor that they have two games for Sony.
Second game is "Fiv5" http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-21-is-fiv5-david-cages-next-game

Bot trademarked by SCEE

demosthenes said:
So it's looking like the Move Zombie game. God dammit why are they clamoring an exclusive we won't believe with a Move game. Ugh.

I really hope it is a Move game (not just Move support like KZ3). It needs a killer-app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom