• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
That opens fine in-browser. Thanks!

Is that clicking sound him trying to start a motorcycle (or other vehicle) of some kind? The sound right before it could be him sitting on it, and I'm probably imagining it but maybe you can hear a hint of springyness, like from the shocks?

Yeah might be. The screeching sound at the end doesn't sound like a zombie to me

monocromo

That opens fine in-browser. Thanks!

Is that clicking sound him trying to start a motorcycle (or other vehicle) of some kind? The sound right before it could be him sitting on it, and I'm probably imagining it but maybe you can hear a hint of springyness, like from the shocks?

He is playing LIFE.

I am just sitting here, reading everyone's take or predictions, and this is highly entertaining. I am loving this shit.

I wonder if what is so unbelievable, is that YOU are the Zombie/Infected. Everyone is trying to get away from you, and instead of you trying to build barricades to keep the zombies out, you are the zombie trying to get around barricades/etc to GET IN!

The ant fungi controls the ant, makes it go crazy and do things it doesn't really want to do, so maybe you are being controlled in a sense, and you are almost human enough to know what you are doing is wrong, but you can't stop.

I dont know, seems like all the decent Zombie/Infection style games have you as the hero trying to escape or survive. Well, Zombies have to survive too!

The sounds in the ant video sound like a pull-cord to me. Like maybe someone is trying to start a chainsaw, ala RE4? Whatever it is, its creepy.

legacyzero

Banned
Screw Attack thinks the PS3 exclusive is RE6, AKA "the last of us"

Grain of salt stuff, but the full article makes a couple valid points..

I think they Spike might be Teasing Resident Evil 6... The Teaser for the "PS3 Exclusive you wont believe" is OVBVIOUSLY teasing a Zombie game, BUT the site it directs to, TheLastofUs.com, teases a pick of an ANT from a documentary. What it is referencing wont make sense unless you have seen it, so here it is. But it is REFERENCING, the "zombie fungus" which was the BASIS for the Progenitor Virus from the Resident Evil Series...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I'll make a counter-point.

NPD Archive said:
March 2009 NPD Results

RESIDENT EVIL 5* (360) 938K
POKEMON PLATINUM VERSION (NDS) 805K
HALO WARS* (360) 639K
RESIDENT EVIL 5* (PS3) 585K
WII FIT W/BALANCE BOARD (WII) 541K
MLB '09: THE SHOW (PS3) 305K
KILLZONE 2 (PS3) 296K
WII PLAY W/REMOTE (WII) 281K
MARIO KART W/WHEEL (WII) 278K
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL 2K9 (360) 205K

(*includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

Pretty dumb article

There's definitely a face here though

OPuH4.jpg

On the right side, long haired person in the dark reflection

Satchel

Banned
If this game is not a hybrid FPS/RPG (third person too) and does not have a full infinite universe with all it's planets/galaxies populated with insane civilizations, structures, ships and all that shit and beyond, then I will NOT think it is unbelievable. Do it for me Blizzard/Bungie.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The big zombie franchises that I could think of are RE, Dead Rising, and L4D. What other big zombie franchises are there?

legacyzero

Banned
Touche.

Why would they go exclusive, unless it's a TIMED exclusive for whatever reason.

I just hope two things for this game, RE6 or not. Let it not be a generic piece of shit. And two, let it not be MOVE ONLY.
Pretty dumb article

There's definitely a face here though

http://i.imgur.com/OPuH4.jpg[/IMG

On the right side, long haired person in the dark reflection[/QUOTE]
Thislooksshopped.jpg? Is that the original from the video?

KingDizzi

Banned

Busines is not that clear cut, if it were GeOW would be multi-plat by now. Yeah Gears sells good in NA and all that shit but numbers would improve in EU thanks to a PS3 version yet its not happened.

Not saying RE6 will be exclusive, of course it won't but yeah it's not all black and white. SSM making this game would be nice, they really are fantastic developers. Not shocking or any of that shit Keighley said but his job is to hype games, I'd be shocked to see SMM do something besides GOW though.

Reading all that makes it sound plausible, but the fact that Capcom loves money too much invalidates the whole thing a bit doesn't it?

Sony isn't exactly in a position to moneyhat, and RE5 sold the most on 360 so it seems literally almost impossible that it could be RE6 exclusive to PS3.

I think the PS3 version sold better actually.

Trevelyan

Banned
Busines is not that clear cut, if it were GeOW would be multi-plat by now. Yeah Gears sells good in NA and all that shit but numbers would improve in EU thanks to a PS3 version yet its not happened.

Not saying RE6 will be exclusive, of course it won't but yeah it's not all black and white. SSM making this game would be nice, they really are fantastic developers. Not shocking or any of that shit Keighley said but his job is to hype games, I'd be shocked to see SMM do something besides GOW though.

I think the PS3 version sold better actually.

Honestly,

I can see SSM making this game, and Sony handing the reigns for GoW4 over to Ready at Dawn. They've definitely proven they can make an amazing GoW experience.

Toki767

I know it's a longshot but it'd be interesting if it were Left 4 Dead 3. The prospect of another zombie survival game really doesn't interest me much though. Still curious as to what it is.

Marc Ecko's Getting Up 2: Getting Out.
You're the last graffer on the planet and you have to find the biggest canvas to tag as sort of a cosmic SoS to whatever alien species is watching.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Not saying RE6 will be exclusive, of course it won't but yeah it's not all black and white.
Gears of War doesn't have a proven multimillion user fanbase on PS3 though.

We're not talking about potential customers, but people who have straight up bought their game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Gears of War doesn't have a proven multimillion user fanbase on PS3 though.

We're not talking about potential customers, but people who have straight up bought their game.

Just wondering, what's the WW LTD of RE5 and Gold Edition for PS3 and 360?

sleepykyo

I agree with it not being clear cut, but can't really see the rest. The EU seems less shooter centric than the US and Microsoft seems far more capable of marketing products to the US than Sony has.

Sony isn't getting major (international) 3rd party exclusives at this point in the generation.

Kingdom Hearts 3: The Last Keyblader.
Sora and Co. travel beyond the door to Kingdom Hearts...And it leads into the real world where the ultimate form of Heartless have taken over...The Lifeless.
Co-Developed with Squeenix Montreal.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Just wondering, what's the WW LTD of RE5 and Gold Edition for PS3 and 360?

From what's known it ended fairly even (and quite high in aggregate) in NA, obviously very PS3 lopsided in Japan, and Europe is unknown, but judging by the PAL threads, notably better on 360 in the UK, better on PS3 in some of the other markets.

We're still looking at cutting out anywhere between 40-60% of their market by ignoring the platform though, and that's of a market of around 5.5-6 million.

This also wouldn't count the PC sales they would lose. Given that Devil May Cry 4 did 200K on the platform, I have to imagine Resident Evil 5 did at least twice that.

lol @ RE6 idea.

If there is one third party studio who doesnt like working with Sony its Capcom.
At every possable chance over the last 10 years they make a move that is in some way bad for sony. Monster Hunter is now nintendo exclusive, RE psp probably became RE revalations, a bunch of exclusive 360 games and DLC. trying to make RE exclusive to the dreamcast... then the gamecube. They just dont like each other that much.

Plus its a SCEA published game. so I dont see capcom not publishing a RE game. And its not gonna be from any other big publisher because we already know Sony is publishing this game.

Judging from Geoffs hype video Its ether from a internal sony developer (probably SSM) or from a well known 3rd party developer who doesn't mind doing new IP's and working with different publishers. The likes of Epic would fit since they bother have dont different projects with different developers this generation. They are not exactly tied to MS. They worked with EA, the do there own thing on iOS, they did UT3 earlier in the generation and if Sony makes them a good deal maybe they will take it.

But so far only SSM fits every part of the puzzle. Epic..... it could happen. Its not impossible and it would be pretty cool but I just dont see it. Hopefully there new IP is multiplat because they really need to show other developers how the UE engine is meant to work on ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom