• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splinter Cell 3 screens

You're not suppose to be found sure, or go in guns a blaze. But if you're found you should be given a chance to correct the mistake instead of the game ending. There's a reason that most stealth games now don't have that feature in it. It happened in stealth games last gen for a reason but not so much this gen.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Just so you kids know:

Splinter Cell 3 was probably the best game of E3, and easily the best looking game of the show. The rain looked flawless. *FLAWLESS*. The soaked ground and the wet windows were just *drooooooooooooooooooool*

Lakitu

st5fu
AlphaSnake said:
Just so you kids know:

Splinter Cell 3 was probably the best game of E3, and easily the best looking game of the show. The rain looked flawless. *FLAWLESS*. The soaked ground and the wet windows were just *drooooooooooooooooooool*

Admittedly Splinter Cell 3 is a fantastic looking game, but that's your opinion (or whoever wrote that), there were many amazing games this year and of course Splinter Cell 3 was one of them.

True, MGS isn't tired, it just is to me. Maybe MGS3 will change that, but the whole camo thing in the woods, especially the red brick wall deal didn't look too promising. I like staying in the shadows, not having to worry about changing gear every 5 minutes. I like being able to shoot out all the lights and turning on my nightvision to own unsuspecting fools, or being owned myself because the enemy has nightvision themselves.

Yeah just talking about it makes me think of all the fun times I had with the series. I can understand that, I guess it's your preference, I think that's where both games differ so much, Splinter Cell bases it stealth in realism while Metal Gear Solid is more of an arcadey type experience (don't take too much from the word arcadey - it was the best word I had to use in that situation), they are both fine fine experiences, that's why I love both. I've never really understood the competition between the two, it may be the same genre, but they are entirely different game experiences and hope both series' continue, they've got much more room for development and new ideas. I can't wait to see what they come up with, I think this is just the start, the stealth genre isn't tired, no matter what people say, it's one of my favourites.

Dead

well not really...yet
looks like play doh, and no matter how it looks, its still Splinter Cell. take that as you will.

Top Bottom