• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Square Game - Dawn of Souls?

www.gamefront.de

Does Square Enix Dawn OF Souls develop?

09.08.04 - Square Enix requested 26.07.04 for the designation Dawn OF Souls at with the American patent office the trademark protection. From the description of entry it follows that it could concern a video game.

Officially Square Enix announced still no play with the name Dawn OF Souls.

u_neek

PLEASE no FF11 expansion and PLEASE (fucking please) no mobile game!!

What about that "Radiata Stories" they patented last month - is that a videogame as well?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Radiata Stories is more likely the oft-rumoured homosexual dating game that Square Enix are now venturing towards. High atop the most wanted lists of many female yaoi fanatics, I'm sure it will be a blast.

WarPig

The trademark filing doesn't actually offer any clues at all. The trademark filing mentions everything under the sun, from games to cell-phone straps.

DFS.

kevm3

I surely hope it's not another 'portable' game. Square hasn't really 'wowed' me with anything like they did in the PSX genre with games like Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, Saga Frontier II (graphically), and the such. They really need another new console title that defines their 128 bit work. Final Fantasy X was good, but expected. I'm in need of a new franchise that I can sit back and say, "This was square on ps2!" Kingdom Hearts doesn't really do that for me.

u_neek

radiata.jpg

OMG

Scott

Not a new game after all:
Nintendo of Europe has announced its release schedule for the upcoming four months. Among the titles, which will make it to European retail stores shelves until the end of the year is Square Enix's GameBoy Advance remake of Final Fantasy I and II. Known as Final Fantasy I and II Advance in Japan, the compilation has undergone a name change and will be called Final Fantasy I and II: Dawn of Souls in Europe (and presumably in the US as well). This explains the recent filing of the trademark Dawn of Souls by Square Enix with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Source: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2004/1725.html

Top Bottom