• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Luigi U |OT| I do it !

spliced

I just beat NSMBU but I'll probably wait for the retail version. I don't mind it being a bit harder then NSMBU but I hope it's not as hard as challenge mode, some of those challenges are too much.

Haines

Banned
I am waiting for my 20$ retail version through the FS e3 deal. Im ok with the wait bc I have a ton of Nintendo backlog and I have yet to 100% the OG.

That said this looks incredible and Im extremely happy with this take on DLC by Nintendo. Heres hoping it sells well and we see more of it!

69wpm

Nintendo servers are screaming, 14 minutes to go! It's hot over here anyway so better play than sleep.

Edit: Well, that was fast. Installing now.

I'm generally terrible at Mario, and while the levels are short, they're packed tightly with content and are a little bit harder than NSMBU. Some of that is, I think, adapating to Luigi physics for the first time in ages. They do play a lot with your expectations of how things work in 2D Mario - for example jumping first, and platforms moving perfectly in sync. It's good fun, though.

I never realized how screwed up Yoshi's current design is until I took a good look at this thread's banner.

It looks like he lost his real snout in some sort of accident and they replaced it with a perfectly spherical balloon.

69wpm

Downloaded, installed. See you in a few days :D

1cOT12l.jpg

Jackano

Wow the process to get this is still a pain in the a**.
You need to launch NSMBU to update the game to have the right to buy the DLC in the eshop.
At least it's a midnight release, that's an improvement I wasn't expecting.

Strange, I downloaded and installed the patch for NSMBU, but when I try to buy NSLU I get the error message saying that I cannot use the downloadable content until I update the software.

Tried removing the patch manually and reinstalling it again, but that didn't do the trick either. I can't buy it. Frustrating :/

Edit: Ah, it seems my version of NSMBU is still 1.2.0. It won't trigger a download for 1.3.0. Guess I'll have to be patient.

Jackano

I forgot to mention that in the eshop, you need to click on NSMB, then additionnal content then this weird paiment process with checkboxes and the summary page which seems to tell you that you're buying NSMB at the of cost 20€ and do 1.5GB, but what you buy is in fact lower in a second table and it is ~750MB.

Oh, I will finally have my 5€ voucher from the premium promo.

Shahadan

c6cG441.jpg

;(

Just beaten Lemmy and am now on the desert World. Stages are indeed shorter and harder.
Apparently they have hidden some pixelated Luigis in a few places. found two so far.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
The EU version is 1.5 GB, but the actual file you download is 733 MB.

7lwp.jpg

Only problem is the posts from NSLU still go to NSMBU miiverse. Oh, there's a NSMBU Developers community too. Is that new?

Top Bottom