• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New U.S. U.N. envoy warns allies: have our back or we'll respond accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
New U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, pledged on Friday to overhaul the world body and warned U.S. allies that if they do not have Washington's back then she is "taking names" and will respond.

Haley made brief remarks to the press as she arrived at U.N. headquarters in New York to present her credentials to U.N. chief Antonio Guterres.

"Our goal with the administration is to show value at the U.N. and the way that we'll show value is to show our strength, show our voice, have the backs of our allies and make sure that our allies have our back as well," Haley said.

Newly appointed U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley presents her credentials to U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres at U.N. headquarters in New York City, U.S., January 27, 2017. REUTERS/Stephanie Keith

"For those that don't have our back, we're taking names, we will make points to respond to that accordingly," she added.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

BVbv7ZY.gif

I hope the rest of the nations in the UN stand up to this shit. It's stupid bullying. Countries should have their people's interests in mind, not American interests.

"For those that don't have our back, we're taking names, we will make points to respond to that accordingly,"
What the fuck does that even mean or suggest?

"Oh New Zealand didn't vote with us we'll show you by...ummm....uhhhhh...."

commedieu

Banned
OUR DUCKING ALLIES HAVE OUR FUNDING BACK THTHATHTHAWHY they ducking let us build bases everywhere and trade with them as well as participate in anti terrorism actions and intelligence sharing and military support.

GOD DAMN THIS ADMINISTRATION IS FUCKING FRUSTRATING.

they are all FUCKING morons who are just playing things like most of their ignorant ad mud FUCKING voters. This is stupid cowboy Bulls hit.

I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.

She seems like a really nice person. I mean wow. I just can't believe what the hell is going on. The US may destroy all good will that it has with other nations within the next couple of weeks, if things go on like this.

Is this really a statement from a high ranking military official or a street thug involved in gang wars? I mean what the heck has the US come to?

She seems like a really nice person.
Nikki Haley has consistently been one of the worst speakers ever raised to such heights she is a straight up national embarrassment.

I'm not surprised she landed so well in this current administration, expect several years of this kind of bold faced stupidity.

Wasn't she supposed to be one the sane saner ones?
No she's always been full of shit and hot air.

Horns

Let's just hope we can fix these wrongs in 4 years. Bridges will be burned by these idiots. When Trump is gone, I just hope they can be fixed.

Xando

Quite ironic that this comes from the only country that has dragged their allies into war by activating art. 5 of NATO.

Woorloog

Banned
Let's just hope we can fix these wrongs in 4 years. Bridges will be burned by these idiots. When Trump is gone, I just hope they can be fixed.

Things are gonna get worse long before four years are over at this rate.
And afterwards, there won't be fixing, but constructing something new from nothing.

The US government now literally operating like a bunch of Italian Russian mobsters.

I'd expect mobsters to have more honor and diplomatic skills.

Jmille99

And this administration continues with their fear-mongering tactics. How fucking absurd. I thought Trump becoming President was embarrassing enough, but it keeps getting worse and worse.....

Zackat

I have a feeling us swinging our dick around like this isn't going to have the consequences they are looking for.

How experienced is this person with foreign diplomacy?

It's going to take a Democrat president another eight years to fix them, only for another Republican shithead to burn them down again within a week...

mdubs

Banned

Probably by invading. Nothing would really stop the US from parking an aircraft carrier off the coast of New Zealand and annexing the country. Who would help? Probably no one, who would risk getting into a war with the US over New Zealand or other similar countries?

And what's crazy, is she was probably one of the lesser bad picks of his cabinet. Christ, this next decade is going to suck so much.

Consequences for not joining America's wars. Ranging from "Freedom Fries" to Canada's softwood lumber dispute back in 2003 when France and Canada wouldn't go to war in Iraq.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is what happens you give a diplomatic position to a non-diplomat looking to appeal to future primary voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom