• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New U.S. U.N. envoy warns allies: have our back or we'll respond accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good will is very important in politics. Especially international politics. And Trumps administration is doing the opposite, threatening and bullying the world. Well, the world should turn around and tell Trump and his cronies to FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Personally I am seriously considering to stop buying US products in protest at this cunt. Sure it won't amount to anything but boy, it'd make me fucking happy.

Very little is made in USA, you'd just be not buying chinese made goods.

Of course Neogaf is hosted on an American server and the ads displayed are from an American company.

Google, Microsoft, Gmail, Windows, Netflix, Spotify, and Hollywood movies and TV are all out.

Be interesting to try and run a day in an electronic world without using a single American company website or product.

I just can't take any of this seriously. I mean what does the new admin this is really going to happen? Countries/the UN are simply going to roll over and name Trump Emperor?
All that is going to happen is the world will continue looking at Trump as the American Kim Jong il, laugh whenever some stupid threat is issued and carry on with our day.

Very little is made in USA, you'd just be not buying chinese made goods.

Of course Neogaf is hosted on an American server and the ads displayed are from an American company.

Google, Microsoft, Gmail, Windows, Netflix, Spotify, and Hollywood movies and TV are all out.

Be interesting to try and run a day in an electronic world without using a single American company website or product.
Why did you type all this out in english? Can't you even go one day without using a product from England?

Seeing as though we're moving goalposts, and all.

Shadybiz

All while reducing funding by 40%, huh? What an enticing deal for the rest of the U.N.

I see that Haley is only slightly worse at negotiating than Trump.

nubbe

If people think USA was despised during the Bush year, that will seem like a rosy dream compared to the Trump years

Lime

I don't disagree with the message, but the tone is uncalled for.

The message is appalling. Should the UN have had the back of the US when it invaded Iraq? When it tortured foreigners in black sites? When it held foreigners without trial on Guantanamo? When it drone strikes civilians in the Middle East? When it continues to sabotage international climate action?

BlueWord

trump is a good argument about stripping the us of its position as world leader.

A good argument? It's already done. There's no coming back from this. Trump represents the end of U.S. hegemony, for better or worse. The future will be 2-3 competing spheres: China, U.S. and potentially Russia.

Is it possible for the world to just agree not to recognize us as a country for four years? We have far too much influence on the world stage for as incompetent as we are. No country should have this power again (but of course there will be another and another and another).

I find myself hoping that in the waning days of the Obama administration that Obama and Kerry called everyone and was like, "Listen, please ignore us for at least the next 4 years. They know not what they do. Like, they *really* don't know."

I think it's obvious that some countries do sort of get that this is a completely off-the-rails situation (like, China was, at first, writing off Trump's Taiwan call as the actions of a stupid immature child during transition) but it seems unlikely this honeymoon-from-hell period will last that long.

Alebrije

USA: we need to invade ...I mean save the people of Iran.

China : Nope

France : Nope

Months later :

France : We need to reduce global warming

China : Yep

USA : You France... remember that thing about Iran ..........You are next China.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is she seriously acting like some 12 year old playing a moba or Overwatch?

"Hey, everyone has to do shit specifically for me, or else! Hrrrrruuuugghhghgghhh"

"For those that don't have our back, we're taking names, we will make points to respond to that accordingly,"

Is this shit for real? America has become a goddamn joke.

Lime

"For those that don't have our back, we're taking names, we will make points to respond to that accordingly,"

Is this shit for real? America has become a goddamn joke.

You don't remember the Bush years? The US has always been like this, albeit only a third/half of the country.

Parch

Not the first time we've heard "If you're not with us, you're against us." from Americans.

I never would have believed that world opinion of the US could have gotten any worse than the Bush years.

Threatening allies is just another step towards economic sanctions. Go ahead and build your wall. If isolationism is what you want, it's what you'll get.

Dai101

Banned
USA: we need to invade ...I mean save the people of Iran.

China : Nope

France : Nope

Months later :

France : We need to reduce global warming

China : Yep

USA : You France... remember that thing about Iran ..........You are next China.

Pretty much.

Joni

China will start using their veto power a lot more when the USA comes to the security Council and I wouldn't be surprised if France remembered they have that power as well.

China will start using their veto power a lot more when the USA comes to the security Council and I wouldn't be surprised if France remembered they have that power as well.
It's chilling to imagine that 4 months from now, we might be relying solely on China's veto.

RinsFury

Decades of diplomacy and alliances being chucked into the trash without a single thought to the consequences. If there is still a country left in four years, the next President will be rebuilding from scratch.

Alx

Decades of diplomacy and alliances being chucked into the trash without a single thought to the consequences. If there is still a country left in four years, the next President will be rebuilding from scratch.

Might be a good opportunity to update your constitution and electoral system. ;)

Joni

It's chilling to imagine that 4 months from now, we might be relying solely on China's veto.
It will be even funnier when Russia needs to veto Trump when he wants to wipe out Iran. Trump and Putin fighting over Syria and Iran will be interesting.

PSqueak

Banned
So, basically, the Trump administration think that the real world is like hollywood movies where every country bends to the will of the united states?

Like, fuck, im from the country that will be directly affected the most by this administration (in foreign relations terms, that is) and even i think the power the united states has over the world is grossly exaggerated.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Embrace the new allies
The UK, North Korea, Russia, Philippines

As an Englishman, it unsettles me that my country is now viewed to have essentially joined the Legion of Doom politically.

It unsettles me even more that they're probably right.

This entire administration is starting to feel like that episode of Family Guy when Peter turns his property into his own rogue country and buddies up to all the world despots.

Nabbis

Possibly a good thing for EU. Might be possible to develop a more unified political alliance with Trump being a boogeyman. It's not like those countries need to be a constant yes man to US shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom