• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New XBLA Games at Tokyo Game Show - Snoopy / Toy Soldiers / Ray Storm / Bomberman

Accident

New Xbox LIVE Arcade Games at Tokyo Game Show
Published September 23, 2009

Following up the success of the recent Summer of Arcade series on Xbox LIVE® Arcade, Microsoft announced a number of new Xbox LIVE Arcade titles at the Tokyo Game Show.

ilgSnoopyFlyingAce.jpg

Take to the skies with Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel.

Snoopy Flying Ace

You can't have aerial dogfighting without the dog! Join Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and the rest of the Peanuts gang in the premier online flight shooter on Xbox LIVE Arcade. The game features simple flight controls and a hangar full of customizable planes and weapons.

vimsnoopyFAtgs.jpg

Defeat the Red Baron in Snoopy’s very own action flying game.

Snoopy Flying Ace takes addictive, fast-paced airborne combat to new heights, with solo and co-op challenges that will test your skills against the Flying Circus of the dreaded Red Baron. Remember, it ain't the size of the dog in the fight … it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers is a strategy-based game where you’re cast into a fantastic, miniature world where antique toy soldiers fight for survival using an exciting arsenal of weapons including tanks, fighter planes, and flame throwers in vintage WWI dioramas.

vimtoySoldierstga.jpg

Fight on the fields of World War I with toy soldiers.

Developed by Signal Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, you can commandeer the action or sit back and watch as your assembled troops defend the area before the enemy storms over the top! Integrating multiple game genres, soldiers can fight on their own, or be controlled from a third-person mode. The game features more than 50 unique units across two distinct armies, as well as drivable tanks and flyable planes and zeppelins.

ilgtoySoldiers.jpg

Playing with toy soldiers was never like this! Fight on the
battlefield or fly over it in this multi-genre Arcade game.

More from Japan

A number of upcoming Xbox LIVE Arcade games from Japanese developers are also on display at the Tokyo Game Show.

ilgraystormHD.jpg

Ray Storm HD is just one of a number of Japanese-developed Xbox LIVE Arcade games.

These include Hudson’s Bomberman Live: Battlefest, Taito’s Ray Storm HD, and Square Enix’s 0 Day Attack on Earth. Watch Xbox.com for more information on these titles.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/tgs/arcade.htm

Raystorm HD was announced in Famitsu a couple weeks ago for XBLA and PSN.

lawblob said:
Does Japan like Snoopie or something?

Yes, they do. Peanuts/Snoopy stuff was all over Harajuku last time I was there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stumpokapow said:
cave = retail, microsoft kiboshed a lot of xbla shmups in favour of retail releases for some reason.

...Sony should get in on this pie.

*cry/whine about lack of SHMUPs on PSN*

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Stumpokapow said:
cave = retail, microsoft kiboshed a lot of xbla shmups in favour of retail releases for some reason.

Actually, Cave just ran a poll for one of their smups to appear on the XBLA.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
distantmantra said:
Raystorm HD was announced in Famitsu a couple weeks ago for XBLA and PSN.
The article is only announcing the first 2 titles, the other 3 are already announced.

CHR_AeON

jj984jj said:
The article is only announcing the first 2 titles, the other 3 are already announced.

In the original press release all 5 titles are announced as "new" games. Which they clearly are not...

CHR_AeON

Relaxed Muscle said:
Wasn't that just to put "pressure" on MS and show there's demand for their games on XBLA?

Yes, the reason they ran the poll was that they wanted to convince MS that fans want Cave games on XBLA. So, unfortunately, it's not set in stone that this will happen...

Shard said:
Still, I have seen much better XBLA TGS Line-ups in the past.

2 XBLA games, and not too hot either, I mean I wasn't expecting anything big, but that's just patethic....

I supose they can't even expend money for a few and interesting XBLA for Japan....

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Relaxed Muscle said:
2 XBLA games, and not too hot either, I mean I wasn't expecting anything big, but that's just patethic....

I supose they can't even expend money for a few and interesting XBLA for Japan....

I wouldn't go that far, probably a byproduct of having no keynote this year.

Shard said:
I wouldn't go that far, probably a byproduct of having no keynote this year.

But they had that conference some weeks ago, in where they show...nothing, actually they showed how one of their last publishing efforts in Japan was throw at Konami like some poisonous arrow.

I understand, Japan give them their backs (actually Japan it's giving their backs to the all the 3 consoles right now), but they should keep their fanbase a bit happy, because they're seeing how the reasons they had to buy a 360 are going to PS3 enhanced in almost every possible way, I mean they manage to did a little scratch in Japan for the next gen and they're gonna lose it...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Relaxed Muscle said:
But they had that conference some weeks ago, in where they show...nothing, actually they showed how one of their last publishing efforts in Japan was throw at Konami like some poisonous arrow.

I understand, Japan give them their backs (actually Japan it's giving their backs to the all the 3 consoles right now), but they should keep their fanbase a bit happy, because they're seeing how the reasons they had to buy a 360 are going to PS3 enhanced in almost every possible way, I mean they manage to did a little scratch in Japan for the next gen and they're gonna lose it...

I am sure new worthwhile JPN content will show itself on the XBLA, maybe that shit just isn't ready yet.

Top Bottom