• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox RPG - Twilight of Lareleth Revealed

Trevelyon

"Spinning Reality announced today that it is currently in development of a new Xbox game called Twilight of Lareleth. The developer has yet to line up a publisher for the role-playing game, but expects it to be ready for release in 2005.

Twilight of Lareleth is set on the world of Lareleth, where elves and gnolls have battled for years, with the elves retreating to huge floating islands in the sky. Players choose one of four elven characters and one of nine classes to battle through more than 40 levels. Spinning Reality says that the game should include more than 60 hours of play. "

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/06/news_6104291.html

pop_screen001.jpg

pop_screen002.jpg

pop_screen003.jpg

pop_screen004.jpg

popups_screen2.jpg

popups_screen1.jpg

Wow, just wow.

xsarien

daedsiluap
No, seriously, it really looks fucking generic.

(And you need art for it to suck, that's how generic this looks.)

SyNapSe

Those last 3 pics are boring. I can't even tell what's happening in the 4th.. there is nothing in the pic but a monster, unless the character morphed into that monster.

The screenshots are from alpha builds according to the site, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to them. They sound like they're planning a game that plays a bit more intelligently than your standard Diablo-clone bland n' slash, but we'll see.

I've been hoping to see the Xbox get an online action RPG, so hopefully this turns out well. Can't say those screenshots are very encouraging, though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wow, I instantly thought "drab" when looking at the pics.

But after thinking about it for a while and looking more carefully, I've come to the conclusion that "mega-drab" would be a more suiting word.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
this was announced several months ago, wasn't it? i swear i've seen those HIDEOS character portraits before.

Koshiro

Makes you wonder why they bothered really. If you're not going to do something properly and make an effort to stand out, there's no fucking point in releasing it.

Top Bottom