• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jez Corden] Hotly anticipated 'Black Myth: Wukong' is delayed on Xbox for 'optimizations' — and now, Microsoft has responded

S0ULZB0URNE

I honestly don't trust this Xbox leadership. They talk far too much, and play with words far too much for me to believe anything they say.

Take this instance for example, they are "working" with the devs, but working on something isn't a guarantee of an outcome. You look at Nintendo or Sony or Steam and they almost never mention working on anything until it's actually coming out.
Does it even have a release date?
Brand of confusion.
Needs changing starting with leadership...

Astray

Enjoy your worrying I guess. 🤷‍♂️ I can't imagine a game I'm less worried about than one that the platform holder and the developers both already publicly said they're getting ready. At that point, there's nothing else to be said. Words can't reach you on this one.
Wasn't planning on buying it on Xbox to begin with. I have thoroughly downgraded any spending I had been doing on my Xbox account (thankfully I have a very small library there). Now it's restricted to backcompat titles only.

Does it even have a release date?
Brand of confusion.
Needs changing starting with leadership...
It was originally supposed to launch with the PS5 and PC version, but now it's basically guaranteed that people will get the game elsewhere before it comes out on Xbox, if at all.

CamHostage

I think we all know it's the S's fault.
I think we (or whatever portion of the crowd are speculating) enjoy having something to blame our woes and jeers on.

We know fuck-all about the situation.

Series S is the easiest culprit, but every actual Series S crisis affecting a game's release has made sense in that they had memory-intensive features which don't scale like graphic effects. BG3 cannot split the screen in a large landscape without a ton of RAM per viewpoint, and Series S just doesn't have it to spare. It's designed to compromise in places where developers usually have options, but in occasional circumstances, the needs of some specific aspect cannot cut down for compromise.

Nothing known about Wu Kong fits that scenario.

So maybe? Maybe not? We know nothing now, and it's unlikely that we will see evidence in the final game through some major cut or reworking in the Xbox version as to what caused the delay. But Series S will continue to get the blame for every technical problem unique to Xbox, and because if the market share, there likely never will be a PS technical problem which isn't prioritized in release planning even if they happen. So, this will be how this gen's story gets told, true or otherwise.

Stafford

Enjoy your worrying I guess. 🤷‍♂️ I can't imagine a game I'm less worried about than one that the platform holder and the developers both already publicly said they're getting ready. At that point, there's nothing else to be said. Words can't reach you on this one.

Ah yes, I forgot about this. The studio did indeed confirm it too. Be nice if after it launches they mention it again, about Xbox.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think we (or whatever portion of the crowd are speculating) enjoy having something to blame our woes and jeers on.

We know fuck-all about the situation.

Series S is the easiest culprit, but every actual Series S crisis affecting a game's release has made sense in that they had memory-intensive features which don't scale like graphic effects. BG3 cannot split the screen in a large landscape without a ton of RAM per viewpoint, and Series S just doesn't have it to spare. It's designed to compromise in places where developers usually have options, but in occasional circumstances, the needs of some specific aspect cannot cut down for compromise.

Nothing known about Wu Kong fits that scenario.

So maybe? Maybe not? We know nothing now, and it's unlikely that we will see evidence in the final game through some major cut or reworking in the Xbox version as to what caused the delay. But Series S will continue to get the blame for every technical problem unique to Xbox, and because if the market share, there likely never will be a PS technical problem which isn't prioritized in release planning even if they happen. So, this will be how this gen's story gets told, true or otherwise.

What you wrote is true. But do you HONESTLY think this game is struggling on the Xbox Series X? Like really?......

Leviathicus

There is no deal in place, they just can't get the game tu run properly on the Xbox series S as already happened before with other titles. They just try to drag Playstation to the mud with them.

Microsoft, a shit company doing shitty things again.

you mean this Jez corden:
WvrJDgp.jpeg

E7Mr9iO.gif

Top Bottom