• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zealand first in the world to get Halo 2

BuddyC

Shit, it'll be in stores well before that Monday. Much like system launches, DVDs and last year's Project Gotham Racing 2, I fully expect MS to begin shipping Halo 2 to retailers (at least) a week or so before launch in order to ensure everyone can sell it by the street date. Of course, a few stores will break that street date, and people will have it in their hands well before I...

The ticket, you see, is to work in one of those stores and have a really cool manager (which I'm assuming is the situation you are in). Alas.

Burger

I have that ticket! Well, it's an ex-ticket, but still very valid :)

I would have thought MS would be super tight on shipping this thing...

BuddyC

Burger said:
I have that ticket! Well, it's an ex-ticket, but still very valid :)

I would have thought MS would be super tight on shipping this thing...
November 9th is easily the most promoted date for the Xbox since launch. As such, MS will take numerous precautions to ensure that it will be available everywhere on that date. I'd imagine the penalties for breaking street date will be quite severe, but they know it will happen on a very small level.

Burger

Oh fuck yeah. Typical morning conversation at a place I wont name:

"Hey xxxxxx, Splinter Cell 2 just came in, can't sell it till friday though"

"Put it on the shelf"

"But this thing sais..."

"Can't sell fresh air"

"OK..."

IgeL

Is it just me... or does the 2-day-delay in Europe make other people angry, too? It didn't seem like that big of a deal first, but it's getting closer...

Solid

IgeL said:
Is it just me... or does the 2-day-delay in Europe make other people angry, too? It didn't seem like that big of a deal first, but it's getting closer...
Yes! The same with San Andreas.. It's out on October 19th in USA and 22nd in Europe. We're getting fucked all over again :(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Deepthroat said:
Yes! The same with San Andreas.. It's out on October 19th in USA and 22nd in Europe. We're getting fucked all over again :(

Christ, I remember when there were MONTHS between US and Europe releases..that's still the case with certain games (usually Nintendo games), but I think it's gotten better.

Top Bottom