• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question, how many xCloud subs are there? Or GP Ultimate subs I suppose?

Because that would be a correct comparison wouldn't it? xCloud vs PS Now?
Why would you compare xCloud and PS Now? Why not compare the exact same services? Game Pass and PS now are game subscription services. PS+ and XBL Gold are online game playing services. Amazon Prime and Netflix are movie streaming services. Trying to mix and match to make a point doesn't make sense.

gmoran

I find it hilarious that people are still going on about secret sauces when both companies have been upfront about what features they have. If they haven't mentioned them 2 weeks before launch, they don't have it. No, the PS5 doesn't have better rtx than the series x and no it doesn't have VRS or mesh shaders. Better to accept it now.

You are far to certain of yourself in saying PS5 doesn't have VRS or mesh shaders, likewise we don't know the differences between the two RTX implementations.

There has been no PS5 SOC breakdown, nor a RDNA2 breakdown. Just because Sony didn't mention a feature doesn't mean its not included, particularly if it's a standard part of RDNA2.

To be clear, you might be right, but we need confirmations one way or the other.

Can't wait to play 3rd party games on PS5:

- Haptic feedback
- Adaptive triggers
- 3D audio
- 4K visuals
- Fastest load times

Can't stand my PS4 anymore and I still have to wait 3 weeks or more to get it. :messenger_weary:

I have actually been playing my PS4 a little more than usual just so I can really experience the difference when I get my PS5 in two weeks! Can't wait to see/hear/feel the next gen!

8BiTw0LF

Banned
"The issue appears to be triggered around 6-8 hours into the main campaign (during a mission called - I kid you not - 404). Our reviewer reported the game freezes at a certain point and the Xbox console warns it is about to shut down, as it's designed to, because of overheating - which it duly does."

MistBreeze

YES BAYBEE this is the packaging
look at the box curves and all that foam ,,, take that SONY

but shame the box have halo infinite in the back but no halo on launch day despite it is printed big in the back of the box

but oh well people don't buy console for games now they buy it for the packaging and more than 4000 BC titles from past generations

I don't want to play old games on launch day with the same controler tech and same UI

but don't mind me this is my opinion u have yours

Mr Moose

Why would you compare xCloud and PS Now? Why not compare the exact same services? Game Pass and PS now are game subscription services. PS+ and XBL Gold are online game playing services. Amazon Prime and Netflix are movie streaming services. Trying to mix and match to make a point doesn't make sense.
PlayStation Now (PS Now) is a cloud gaming subscription service developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Maybe that's why they are comparing a cloud service to a cloud service? Just a guess.

3liteDragon

I find it hilarious that people are still going on about secret sauces when both companies have been upfront about what features they have. If they haven't mentioned them 2 weeks before launch, they don't have it. No, the PS5 doesn't have better rtx than the series x and no it doesn't have VRS or mesh shaders. Better to accept it now.
nCbgZGu.jpg

geordiemp

VRS has already been hinted at by an activision artist for ps5 on era, but who cares, they are not the important RDNA2 performance metrics., optional back end stuff like VRS, mesh shaders if ever used, is not what will define RDNA2 performance.

The big performance we will see will use none of that optional RDNA small time savers.

It will be uber fast caches, bigger L2, L1 Shared, fast frequencies and IPC gaines by using these techniques and optimisation of CU occupancy and IPC through elemination of stalling and cache misses.

Allot of data has been leaked already :messenger_beaming:

4 hours to go. Good luck hoping you see any of it in XSX

Which alt are you by the way ?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
PS Now is primarily a streaming service, GamePass is not...

Sony announced after like 6 months of enabling downloads on PSNow that more than half of time spent on PSNow was dedicated to downloads. The service continued to grow far faster than it ever did after being a streaming only service, suggesting that....

PSNow is primarily a download service now, despite the number of streaming games, it's not how the majority of users are spending their time.

Gamepass and PSNOw are fair to compare and it's also fair to say they had different histories that effect them.

edit: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...et-double-the-gameplay-time-of-streamed-games

April 2019, downloads enabled in October 2018.

Downloaded games have quickly come to dominate PlayStation Now, proving twice as popular as streamed titles on Sony's on-demand service.

Not just more popular, twice as popular.. and the service grew quickly, after being stagnant for 4 years.

PSNow is likely barely used for streaming percentage wise at this point.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

MS lifted the embargo on Xbox Series unboxing... Yeah, they really did want to ride the PS5 wave, lol.
The system is also out in like 2 weeks... both companies are going to be lifting embargoes naturally too.

Kind of silly to assume everything is a reaction from MS and not potentially coincidence.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Stay on Xbox twitter if you want to stay misinformed.

"The issue appears to be triggered around 6-8 hours into the main campaign (during a mission called - I kid you not - 404). Our reviewer reported the game freezes at a certain point and the Xbox console warns it is about to shut down, as it's designed to, because of overheating - which it duly does."

Because of overheating!? Someone should make a thread.

Garani

You may be right. But the point is moot: in 12 minutes of pre-order PS5 sold more than 12 weeks of PS4's pre-orders. Are you really really sure that if what you say is true, it would be a deal breaker? The ship has sailed and no one cares.

Mr Moose

What are you trying to say. Now when gamepass has xcloud ps now is its exact equivalent, not just xcloud.
PSNow a cloud subscription service which lets you stream games to PS4 and other devices and download PS4 games to PS4. Doesn't let you download them to PC.
xCloud is a cloud subscription service that lets you stream games to Xbox consoles other devices.
Prime is more than just a movie streaming service.
Edit: Maybe I am being a bit confusing lol, I am saying you can compare xCloud to PSNow.

Last edited:
Xbox revenue last quarter hits record high again

ethomaz

Banned
So this is confirming than PS5 need patches for games to getting boost mode
I’m telling that since Road of PS5 lol

3 hardware BC modes:

PS4 BC: no need patch
PS4 Pro BC: no need patch, works with games that support PS4 Pro
PS5 BC: Sony themselves tested and patched (if needed) around 100 most popular games up to Match 2020, Devs are required to test and support it after July 8 and before that Sony have to test and patch (if needed) them.

Cerny explained that (the July 8 was a notice from Sony around May).

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

PlayStation Now (PS Now) is a cloud gaming subscription service developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Maybe that's why they are comparing a cloud service to a cloud service? Just a guess.
The vast majority of time spent on PSNow is spent on downloaded games.. the vast majority of their current users signed up in the 2 years since they enabled game downloading, not the 4 years they were only a streaming service.

It's a game download service that offers streaming at this point, same as GamePass. They are comparable.

Last edited:

Flippo

Neo Member

Xbox packaging looks better than Playstation. But man, that enjoyment is like for 15 min... Than it's all eyes on the console and menu's (throwing box to the side).
In that sense, I like Playstation way of giving us a new menu / dashboard to discover with new features. Xbox is refreshed but similar to previous versions. Not a next gen feeling for my when buying a new device...

Mr Moose

The vast majority of time spent on PSNow is spent on downloaded games.. the vast majority of their current users signed up in the 2 years since they enabled game downloading, not the 4 years they were only a streaming service.

It's a game download service that offers streaming at this point, same as GamePass. They are comparable.
Are you suggesting it's not comparable to xCloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom