• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rea

Your "valuable resource" is a mass produce 500 USD piece of plastic and metal that this person bought and can do whatever he wants with it.

Were he exploding a cargo of rice in in a country facing starvation, i would agree with you. He`s not.
Then let us agree to disagree.

Aceofspades

Banned
I lost all the respect for this Man, what have you done mate?????? He downplayed not just the GPU power, but also the RayTracing He was something like" you can use it you cannot , who cares? games are good with rasterization too" WHATTTTTTTTT? Are you completely insane? Who cares of 3d Audio man, all this fluff talk on the ssd, yes ok is fast but man who cares? I want fully raytraced CGI quality games, you should have given us that man. what is this?

I was browsing this thread for old posts around Cerny's talk. I saw this quoted gem, man... How clueless can we be? A lot of overreactions and drama ... Its super funny to see the ignorance of some posters lol.

Also its funny to see how some X posters are acting now vs March of this year 🤣🤣

Gudji

Jason Schreier reported on the performance of both machines back in March and people made fun of him...

Enrd1FgXYAER_1E

This is going to lead to weeks and weeks of talk about how Xbox is the most powerful console, and so on. Meanwhile I'm getting texts even today from developers being like this is such a shame -- the PS5 is superior in all these other ways that they're not able to message right now or can't talk about right now. I heard from at least three different people in the past couple of hours since the Cerny thing being like, wow, the PS5 is actually the more superior piece of hardware in a lot of different ways, despite what we were seeing in these spec sheets. So, again, yes, plenty of room to talk about this, for all these companies to keep messaging and showing games, but I do think Sony has really dropped the ball from what we've seen so far.

xPikYx

I was browsing this thread for old posts around Cerny's talk. I saw this quoted gem, man... How clueless can we be? A lot of overreactions and drama ... Its super funny to see the ignorance of some posters lol.

Also its funny to see how some X posters are acting now vs March of this year 🤣🤣
Well at the moment I've only seen current gen graphic games with low/medium raytracing at best, we are still far from getting unreal engine 5 tech demo level of graphic, hopefully by 2023 we'll see something

Kerlurk

Banned

Not much of a metric for video games, considering it only renders fonts, and glyph's onto objects, or for the interface.

That benchmark is rather limited in scope to give us much insight on how powerful the PS5 is.

He's the creator of the SLUG library, and sells it to developers.

Notice that his twitter bio says "Former Naughty Dog, Apple, Sierra.".

He's developing a game for the PS4/Xone, that uses his own engine (C4 Engine):

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

So I decided to try out AC Valhalla on PC, and I gotta say my old 1080ti seems to be pretty much performing the same as the consoles in this game. At least the same as the XSX, maybe a hair below the PS5? I can run it at 4k/30 with all settings on, or drop it down to nearly 1080p for 60 locked. And that's with v-sync enabled. I don't know what settings the consoles are using exactly.

Last edited:

TJC

So I decided to try out AC Valhalla on PC, and I gotta say my old 1080ti seems to be pretty much performing the same as the consoles in this game. At least the same as the XSX, maybe a hair below the PS5? I can run it at 4k/30 with all settings on, or drop it down to nearly 1080p for 60 locked. And that's with v-sync enabled. I don't know what settings the consoles are using exactly.
Consoles is 1440p for 60fps with high PC settings.
Next gen consoles are around 3070 level according to Moore's lore is dead.

Last edited:

TJC

VGtech found that XSX drops all the way down to 1080p at it's lowest, and that's with some tearing. I have it running at around 1200p, ultra settings, with full v-sync so no tearing at all.
Yeah but PS5 is at 1440p minimum, series X needs help so they patched it to allow it to drop 1080 but it's not dropping that low regularly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom