• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Generation is going to be really strange because of A.I

proandrad

I hope AI starts getting used to optimize game code. Get a game to run at its best before they throw a ton of upscaling and frame generation shortcuts. Anyone know if AI can be used to proofread and correct game code like an essay?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm dreading A.I.

Ahhh you little bastard, I see you struggle with these twatty enemies. Spawn 8 waves of enemies

Stuart360

I think people are jumping the gun with what AI will be able to do in games, and when.
I very much doubt next gen will be much different that this gen. Maybe in the coming decades sure.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

While the model is capable of recreating select Mario moves, it's not as if we're looking at a one-to-one simulation. To keep things simple, the researchers only focused on two inputs, "run right" and "run right and jump". The resolution was cut down from the NES' 256×240 to a much smaller 64×48 and the output frames are a fraction of the input (producing seven generated frames from the 35 it was fed), so things are far from silky smooth

Last edited:

jubei

Neo Member
I feel like the long-term end result of AI in games is uninspired mass-appeal mediocrity. Don't we have enough of that as is?

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
PC or console? because PC even at mid level is still leaps and bounds greater than console.
Stutter is far more prevalent on PC than it is on consoles - regardless of how high spec you go.

TAA has either been improved or replaced altogether with something better.
And this is just false - Temporal image treatment is more common now than it's ever been, and we're only adding more on to it, so it's not getting better (from Image Gen to ray-reconstruction to eventually-consistent lighting etc.).
With the current heading - it's pretty clear it's here to stay - short of completely replacing rendering pipelines with something that isn't pixel based.

Top Bottom